seejay

Scripting converversion from .io to bricklink xml

I'm trying to figure out a way to script the conversion of a number of Studio files to Bricklink XML (ideally using python). 

What I've tried so far:

• extracting the ldraw model.ldr out of the .io, reading it, and converting to XML.  This works fine for most parts, but things like flexed chains and 1x4 hinge plates do not convert correctly.
  • looked for command line options to run the conversion with studio.  Studio doesn't appear to have any command line options.
  • using the Rebrickable API to create a custom part list on rebrickable and export from there. The Rebrickable API does allow creating parts lists, but doesn't allow conversion or export of them (as far as I can see). 
  • using the Bricklink API to do the conversion. The API doesn't have a function for that.
  • using this library: https://codeberg.org/plenae/BrickLinkXML, however it wants a CSV as input and I think I would run into the same conversion problem trying to get from .io to CSV.

Does anyone have any other ideas? 

Why don't you create a Bricklink wanted list from your Stud.io file with the build-in 'add to Wanted-List' function and download the XML from Bricklink?

Thanks for jumping in, Berthil. I want to script the process so I can do a lot of them without having to manally open each file.