ForgedInLego

UCS Venator Mods

On 10/16/2023 at 1:09 PM, Willsy said:

I'm currently working on interior sections for the rear of the ship, as they seemed like the prime locations for a minifigure-scaled interior. I've chosen to depict scenes primarily from the Siege of Mandalore arc from TCW, including a segment of the command bridge, the tactical room with holo-table and Palpatine hologram, the medical bay, a corridor and the detention block with a place for Maul's holding cell from 75310 (when the panel is open due to height constraints). Also wanted to include a turbolift on both sides to give the impression of connectivity. I would still like to do another physical mock-up to make sure they will fit before making BrickLink orders, but I'm fairly sure they will based on my findings so far. The blank panels on the wall, the turbolifts and the arches will all use stickers from the Dark Trooper Attack as well. 

The command bridge section is supposed to go in the right wing of the ship, with the medbay/holding cell in the left. 

V2jDn0g.png

This is tremendous, keep going. This forum is the reason I'm pushed off the edge into great sets like this.

22 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

@DarthUrban @BaileyG @MuyMoka

Its finally here! https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-168753/ForgedInLego/ucs-venator-main-hangar-mod/#details

20240101_135408.jpg

20240101_135440.jpg

Wasn't happy with the back wall, so I made some changes

The instructions show you how to take apart the already built set and rebuild it with the hangar, Studio was NOT happy with loading 2 highly complex models in different tabs :sceptic:

What a surprise! The changes to the back wall looks much better as well! I plan to add a piece of blue translucent to act as a bridge overlooking the hangar in between of the wall.

In the meantime, I just paid for the instructions and bought the needed parts to make this mod happen. I am ecstatic to build the set with the long awaited set now!

Thank you very much for making this mod happen for us all Venator lovers. May 2024 bring you nothing but the best. Happy New Year, Builder! MTFBWY

Just bought the instructions. Can't wait to try it, you're an absolute lifesaver and made this set so much better.

15 hours ago, DarthUrban said:

What a surprise! The changes to the back wall looks much better as well! I plan to add a piece of blue translucent to act as a bridge overlooking the hangar in between of the wall.

In the meantime, I just paid for the instructions and bought the needed parts to make this mod happen. I am ecstatic to build the set with the long awaited set now!

Thank you very much for making this mod happen for us all Venator lovers. May 2024 bring you nothing but the best. Happy New Year, Builder! MTFBWY

Ah man I should've done that! Keep in mind that the function to open the hangar requires the back wall above the doorframe to be flat. You can however very easily replace the 1x4 brick back there with a stack of plates and transparent plates

This is so awesome, congrats on the release and the boom in popularity! Raise your price a bit. 🙂 You deserve it. 

For those who do not own the venator yet, is there a point in the instructions where we can pick up on your MOC, and then resume building with the official instructions? I do see your instructions are geared toward people who are already have the set built.

2 hours ago, baublitz said:

This is so awesome, congrats on the release and the boom in popularity! Raise your price a bit. 🙂 You deserve it. 

For those who do not own the venator yet, is there a point in the instructions where we can pick up on your MOC, and then resume building with the official instructions? I do see your instructions are geared toward people who are already have the set built.

While I could increase the price, I already have more Lego budget than I know what to do with, so I won't bother :wink:

I thought about making from scratch instructions, but to make the part count as efficient as possible as an example some parts from the second to last bag are in the frame, so it would be a hassle to put together. I would recommend just not putting the subassemblies onto the frame as you build them, and then modding the frame and adding / modding parts until its done. 

Saw the video on YouTube before I saw it here. Such great work. Can't imagine how hyped people waiting for it were :D