rinatfruggi

[MOC] Twin I - Beam Trophy Trucks

59 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Well, not exactly. Here's a picture of a real-life one:

dana_44_ttb.JPG

There's a universal joint shaft going directly into the differential housing, just like on a solid axle, and then drive is taken from that swingarm to the other one using an extra, central, universal joint. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the info, I see that's for real cars, I doubt we can do the same in lego.... 

3 minutes ago, dustblue said:

Thanks for the info, I see that's for real cars, I doubt we can do the same in lego.... 

Well, it's challenging, but it is possible! At a minimum, one of the MOCs at the start of this topic, and a couple of my MOCs linked in a spoiler box early in the thread, managed to do it!

26 minutes ago, rinatfruggi said:

i think we have a bit shiftep from topic about I-beams to the Tatra:classic:
So if have any ideas how to make beams better, will be apriciated) i want to create an " ideal" set up and bring them to the world of MOC's:blush:

You mean this one from OP? 53158739330_fa7b6a86f5_w_d.jpg

My bad, didn't pay close attention, it's indeed impressive, I would never use so many u joints in a moc like this, I would worry so much about broken u joints or slipped out axles:pir-laugh:

13 hours ago, dustblue said:

That exactly that i have done) the  trcuk on 62 wheels use this kind of suspension) Maybe not so clean and "good" looking, but share same principle.

53158313471_d4d80aa1e9_c_d.jpg

13 hours ago, dustblue said:

My bad, didn't pay close attention, it's indeed impressive, I would never use so many u joints in a moc like this, I would worry so much about broken u joints or slipped out axles:pir-laugh:

Yes) thats one)  
fortunately they are not brea

k yet) i tried make a good aligment to decrease stress on u-joints.

At all it have 4 u-joints and three cv-joints

Edited by rinatfruggi

19 minutes ago, dustblue said:

Here image with more resolution 

53158739330_fa7b6a86f5_b_d.jpg