Sign in to follow this  
cehnot

Tim Burton Batmobile V3.

UPDATED 10 l/01/23:

Rebrickable instructions are now free. I didn't realize they were setup thos way. 

Free Batmobile Instructions

Hello everybody, wanted to share with you my newest edition to the famous movie prop. I reworked the entire structure and shaping on the center part from v2. The newer model is based on the new Jazz Inc, research and development on their 1/6 scale model. The only part I could not deliver on was shortening the car's height by 1 stud. When I did this, the entire frame became more difficult to handle and the wheels had to be lowered and looked like the car was jacked up like a truck. For the first time I have actually learned how to do instructions and made them available on rebrickable since so many people requested this for version 2. That file and design no longer fits my goal and is no more. I did try to incorporate the new 2023 Speed Champion Mudguards. They slide into the rear and front pretty easily. I wish LEGO had wheel wells that are aligned to the studs. This would help out cars like this one, Ecto-1 and many older trucks and such. Seems like it would be easy to design a hood that slides into a 2x4 area that would basically create wall arches around the tires. I may 3d print my own or try the COBI brand parts they use on their military planes that curve with a 2 plate height. Might work inside the rear wheel well. 

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_group.png

For those wondering, the towball with bar is representing the scene where he drops the bomb. It goes into the hole behind the front wheel on the side panel. Same area the shin-breakers attach. Couldn't figure out a simple way to do the disc launchers. They would launch from the area above the 1x1 brick with stud where you see the 1x2 plate. It is a great seam area that would be the same place where the disc slides out and shoots. A simple moc variation would be using the off brand part that is a 2x2 quarter curve. Same curve angle as the 4x4 circle plate. 

New Specs:
23 studs long
9 studs wide. 

I am quite proud of the new design. The car's shape is remarkable in its unique curves and I am happy to say this may be the closest anybody got to the top view proportions. The car uses the most recent parts in 2023 Summer. They were vital to achieving the new shape design. 

Going to compare the older model to the newer model:
Top View:
Old

batmobile_ehnot_final_103118_studio_9w_1

New
batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_moneyshot_3.pn

Front Wheel Well: 8 Studs
Center of car: 7 studs
Rear wheel well: 9 studs
Height: 14 plates (ideal would be 13 plates)

Here are some of the photos I rendered from Studio. If I have time I will take real photos of the new model. It was on display at Brick Convention Cleveland 2 weeks ago. I modified the car a bit using parts from Brickarms (Mono Clip, U Clips), and a few non brand LEGO parts that make some cool modified plates that enhance the greebling on the side. 

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_moneyshot_2.pn

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_moneyshot.png

Shin Breakers

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_2_wing2.png

Machine Guns definately look weak compared to the ones I modified using Brickarms unique military parts.
batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_2_gun.png

The side angle was taken when I finally solved the greebling and side panel. It has an earlier version of the rear wheel well and fins. I changed the back to be more stable. Used brackets and plates instead of headlight bricks. I am quite fond of the placement of the grappling hook hole. Its centered to the exhaust intake area. Those new 1 brick wide brackets are amazing. Go bricks has black Round 2x2x1 2/3 Domes. A builder at the Brick Convention cut them to 1 brick height and used them for small water wells in his garden. I am ordering a few to use them as exhaust intakes. That would be the only custom job on the project. The canopy has inverted 1x2 panels attached to the roof using off brand stud inverters. You can do this same effect with hands, but the stud inverters are amazing. 

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_2_side.png

As Always, I simply cannot build a vehicle without a full interior or engine.
cutaway of the Turbine and exhaust
batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_2_engine.png

batmobile_89_ehnot_073023_2_engine_2.png

Edited by cehnot

I love the shaping on the front! Also congrats on fitting in such a large engine given the scale you were working with.