VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

A taste of destiny, no?

It's somewhat more than just destiny....I got bored overtime....sometimes when I need to edit something (i.e, new blog chapter) someone else would be there 1st... :hmpf_bad:

So I went on to BZPower as guest for several months...then after making a hard decision, I became a member there. Then a month later or so, I joined here so I can enjoy the spoilers/leaks without having to see the admins go crazy and delete every possible leaked stuff. In fact, I was going to name myself, Ignika Nui, but upon learning that MN would become a set at last, I called myself Toa Mata Nui.

Many people seem to like Ackar and Mata Nui the best. It seems the more creative TLG gets, the more people like generic, run-of-the-mill sets. A little late on opinions, I know, but whatevah!

Wrong. The more creative Lego gets the more horrible the creative sets get and the better the generic ones get. >>

Wrong. The more creative Lego gets the more horrible the creative sets get and the better the generic ones get. >>

That's debatable, because IMO most of the Barraki were amazing, and they were the most creative wave so far. Apart from Pridak, who was too creative...

Nah, just some of them. Like most of the Barraki. And Krika.

And Stronius looks great, mind whoever hates him.

Edited by Zip

Don't give a damn about storyline roles. The set is decent.

Decent=Buy

This isn't related to the topic entirely, but I would just like to say, if you haven't downloaded the offline version of MNOG II, you should do it as soon as possible. Because IT WORKS. =O

This isn't related to the topic entirely, but I would just like to say, if you haven't downloaded the offline version of MNOG II, you should do it as soon as possible. Because IT WORKS. =O

Link plz

@ new CGI Pics:

Kiina is sweet. I think she looks the most feminine out of almost all the female sets so far. Except the kinda odd chest.

Gelu is also pretty awesome. I love how tough he looks while still remaining sleek.

Stronius looks ridiculous in these. But that's primarily because he has his neck folded up xD I love the new spiky piece. :D

Vastus looks like he'll be ok. I probably will need to replace his Hordika limbs, but I like his torso.

Ackar is also pretty sweet. I love the shoulder spikes. I want those claws in orange. I reaaaally do. And the massive amounts of Mata Red will be nice.

Aaaand Mata Nui. I like Mata Nui. Although his legs are really poorly proportioned. Again I love the colors here and want lots of yellow. And the new Ignika looks good. Looks like it would after entering an atmosphere.

That's debatable, because IMO most of the Barraki were amazing, and they were the most creative wave so far. Apart from Pridak, who was too creative...

Having only owned Takadox I cannot comment on this.

I did however like Takadox even if he did hold his swords in a retarded manner and I have seen a photo of someone twisting the Pridak model into a more fish-like shape. That looked cool.

But I can say that the Barraki packaging is anomalous to an extreme.

YAY

I think I downloaded an incomplete version a while back.

===

The Barraki were awesome. I loved them all... except maybe Carapar... and maybe Ehlek... but I liked the ideas behind those two. Even Kalmah, with his backwards Piraka body, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

As for my new thoughts... Mata Nui, Stronius, Ackar, and maybe Gelu look worth it for sets sake. The other ones look alright for parts.

~Bunda

Edited by Bundalings

One thing i'm really interested in about 2009 sets is those straight black hordika neck-esque pieces.

Who can tell me which set has the most?

One thing i'm really interested in about 2009 sets is those straight black hordika neck-esque pieces.

Who can tell me which set has the most?

Tarix has two... and Tuma has at least two. Maybe more.

~Bunda

My personal recommendation would be to wait till the small sets become Voyatoran-like again. That's what made the original Hordika head joints abundant. Unfortunately the set designers seem positive that 7 piece sets is a good thing though. :sceptic:

My personal recommendation would be to wait till the small sets become Voyatoran-like again. That's what made the original Hordika head joints abundant. Unfortunately the set designers seem positive that 7 piece sets is a good thing though. :sceptic:

I agree. I like having the new av-toran parts in other colors, but I would also appreciate the same thing for a more original design.

Bah, the Voyatoran had good parts, but most sucked as sets (Like Kazi, ugh).

I always liked the Mahritoran and MoLtoran were best. McToran were good too, but the chance that we'll ever see sets like that again is unlikely.

I always liked the Mahritoran and MoLtoran were best. McToran were good too, but the chance that we'll ever see sets like that again is unlikely.

I liked the Metrutoran as well since they had cool armour and launchers of their own as well as really neat masks. Though if we see some improvement in impulse sets, I hope for something a tad bigger than the voyatoran and with better recolours.

What! Old Hand Face was a marvel.

What is Old Hand Face mean? A sigfig is.... Significant Figure.

Kazi didn't have a head piece, unlike possibly every other mask-wearing set ever - he has a hand piece holding his mask to his body.

But how is he old? So the Rahkshi are Young Hand Heads?

Well according to Greg, virtually every MU resident is 100,000+ years old, whereas we saw the main 6 Rahkshi get created in MoL, so they were only around for a few days. I also meant Old as in the buddy-buddy sense, like 'old Jim down by the docks got me some sea swag cheap :D'.

Edited by hewkii9

The best thing 'bout Kazi was that a Trans-light-blue Barraki eye gave him his eye, whereas all the other Voyatoran needed two pieces to have attached eyes.

The best thing 'bout Kazi was that a Trans-light-blue Barraki eye gave him his eye, whereas all the other Voyatoran needed two pieces to have attached eyes.

Huh... I never thought of that-I even have Krika to give like a major hint and I STILL never thought of it!

Oh, wells...

Anyone think I should try to draw Kiina as a badass somehow, or should I do one of the other Glat. Legends?