[cheesy song]I'm lost, in this wastelaaaaaand, and want to return hooooome

Makuta, stole iiiiiiiiiiiit, and now I'm all alooooooooone[/cheesy song]

Nah, singing like a Disney Movie:

Who are you?

Mata Nui: I'm...

[cheesy song]I'm lost, in this wastelaaaaaand, and want to return hooooome

Makuta, stole iiiiiiiiiiiit, and now I'm all alooooooooone[/cheesy song]

With Michael Dorn doing that, it would be even worse! XD

off-course... Who wants singing in a Bionicle movie? I always hate musicals like HSM ew

Well then you'll be disappointed to hear that Tuma will be voiced by Zac Efron. Sorry pal.

.... asdfghjkaBLARGH

Made Mata Nui yellow. Fire. Now. NOW.

Please pardon me, but this has got to cause riots.

Made Mata Nui keetyellow. Gross gross gross. Remember three weeks ago when we were happy about Vorox having brown? I feel betrayed. I will get my pitchfork.

Mata Nui: Hey, it could be worse. At least yellow is close to gold. He looks cool and those ankle guards are by far not as bad as I feared they would be. I do wonder, though, what IS that weapon of his? Anyway, he has a 2008-style Ignika and that means instant win. 10/10!

Vastus: That Scythe is cool. Very cool. His mask is a bit weird, but all in all, he's really okay. 8.5/10

Stronius: These Toy Fair pictures made me like him. Love the helmet and the spiked armour. 8.5/10

Ackar: Pure win. There's something about him, perhaps his simplicity in design, that makes me like him. Kinda sad that his helmet is just a recolour of Berix' one, though. 8.5/10

Kiina: S/he is okay, but I'm no fan of the helmet. 8/10

Gelu: I'm not sure about this one. His legs look too short compared to his arms, and somehow the Inika chest plate seems too big for him... I guess I like him, but he won't be a priority buy for me. 8/10

On the vehicles, sorry for the fans of those, but the pictures we got here made me like them even less than before. Why couldn't we have had some beasts...? Something Kardas-like would be great for me, as I never had the chance to get Kardas...

All in all, Summer 2009, besides the vehicles, looks as good as winter 2009 did. The Mata Nui set is win, the other canisters are up the level of the Glatorian and Mata Nui is win. A lack of titans, alas, but it doesn't take away from the greatness of the other sets. I'm also very glad that the launchers remained the same and that we're not having another silver overkill with ridiculously oversized blasters that look stupid anyway.

All we need now is a glimpse at the movie and we're set.

PS: Mata Nui is win, for he has a 2008-style Ignika. ^^"

Edited by Refia

wootwootwoot

First things first, @Mata Nui: You people need to calm down. Keetyellow + black is one of the best color combos for keetyellow. And the yellow isn't that bad. At least the mask looks good. <3 And the ankle cuffs don't make his legs longer, like I had feared, and the curved shoulder armor/weapons are amazing. <3 <3 <3

Now, @ Kiina: TOTALLY called the Vahki leg. But totally did NOT call the new joint piece!! :D

Stronius uses a bunch of spiky new armor. <3 and I totally called backward Inika torso.

Vastus looks odd. He has an Inika leg armor on his crotch. O.o But he also has a scythe, so it's all cool.

Ackar is also amazing. LOVE the Mahri shoulder blades. And his mask really does look like Berix's. Hoping its a little different though. :\

Gelu: Dangit. He only has two of the half snowflake pieces. And they aren't black. :C But I didn't really expect it to be any different.

Right now I'm trying to determine what keeps the ankle cuffs stable. D:

All right, time for some individual opinionaddas.

Stronius - once given proper plastic, this fella will be so spectacular looking, what with that awesomely reptilian head and club. Perfect buff-Skrall.

Ackar - Oh, this is beauty. Brilliant colors, MATA RED AND ORANGE, and overall there's something infinitely legendary about him. Always was my favorite, moreso is now.

Kiina - great to see a new torso construction and sky blue Vahki leg, looks very athletic and slick. Still, she needs those new straightened Hordika necks for shoulders. A little eh.

Gelu - doesn't look as magnificent here. Breathtaking mask though, and here's hopin' photos are just awkward.

Vastus - bit of a jumbled mess, but oh, does that mask and that scythe ever win. Torso needs rebirth, though.

Mata Nui - In all fairness, I like him, though infinitely less than if he'd been gold or tan. But he's not bad. The yellow makes him look like a sun god, and we get some keetorange limbs finally. His brightness well shows him for who he is.

Vehicles - not a big fan, frankly, not even of Thornatus at this point. Again, as with many of these, photos are probably just aweful.

Some overall pros:

- MATA RED LIMBS. Finally we can build a worthy Tahu Mistika.

- New joints whose hoels face the other way! PERFECT for attaching thigh armor to shoudler sides instead of fronts.

- Skopio rider has orange Metru legs. =')

Those are Galabatorian Legends all right.

-Ikk

For the most part, these people...can...not...pose...

Fortunately, BZPower pictures have infinitely better shots. For the most part, I am liking all the new sets--plus I am VERY GLAD to see that at least Thornatus and Skopio appear to have functions. I am not sure about the smaller ones, hopefully they do as well.

Stronius looks very cool. Kiina is okay, I am not sure if the Vahki leg for a body thing works with those arms sticking out. Maybe they will have more armor on the final version, or at least something to hide those new hordika joints?

Gelu and Ackar look very cool also, but I still think Ackar is a little plain. Gelu is worth it for those Metus icicles and his awesome mask. I can't see Vastus well at all, so I'll reserve comment.

Mata Nui looks very cool--except that he is yellow. I just don't get why he is yellow. I mean, if you look at all the cool images, that teaser trailer, the DVD COVER FOR THE MOVIE!, you'll notice that the Ignika and Mata Nui are both GOLD. Why can't they make the set gold if he's going to be gold in the movie? Something is definitely wrong there.

Overall, I'd say summer looks good. Definitely a plus from last year's somewhat summer disappointment.

VK

Oh how extremely cool.

Even the MOVIE has the Ignika being gold. ;_;

-Ikk

THAT IS SO ****ING WIN! ^^

But you're right, why not the set in gold?!

Still...

Those teasers of the movie...

WIN!!!

Edited by Refia

A-a-ackar. Is Mata red. :sing:

And Kiina has a new body construction.

But all this PALES to this new joint piece!

-Ikk

h-h-h-h-holy CRAAAAAAAAAAAP

Yes! I have been wanting joints like that forever!

Also, he may suck, but he's got a transparent to green two-color Mahri tube. :cry_happy:

Also, sadness about the Ignika.

Edited by Bfahome

Say, could Mata Nui be yellow to spare costs? I imagine a set full of gold colouring must be quite expensive...

EDIT: I feel people's pain about the resized Ignika on Mata Nui. But, at the very least, it looks like the Ignika. And that's a plus.

Edited by Refia

On closer investigation, the new joints appear to have a +hole as their middle-hole, which means any connection of a Piraka or Inika thigh piece will have to be through a +o rod, which will stick out a little. Still, way better than having to use rubber bands!

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

Ah, what can be said about the new Bionicle sets?

They are certainly better than the Winter sets, that's for sure.

I like Mata Nui. I guess I'm the only person that actually likes Keetorange though... :tongue: I'll probably get him.

I'm also glad they're finally bringing back Mata red in a red canister set! Still not enough to make me buy him though...

Kiina looks pretty cool. I like how they made her look thin. I also like her new limbs and her new torso design. I'm still not sure if I'll get her or not...

Vastus looks a mess. What more can be said?

The ice guy (I forget his name) looks better put together than I expected. Overall though, he looks pretty boring and not worthy of my money. However, his mask/helmet is awesome, I'll give him that.

Stronius looks okay. Not something I want to buy though.

The titan sets don't look so good, except for Skopio. But he's way above my price range!

I like Mata Nui. I guess I'm the only person that actually likes Keetorange though... :tongue: I'll probably get him.

Ah, I love keetorange, and I think it looks brilliant on Mata Nui -- only gold would've been so much more spectacular. =P

Still no Mistika, though.

-Ikk

I'll buy Ackar, as I have every Red set aside from the red Visorak, and Mata Nui, because I've always wanted Yellow legs/arms.

That's it, though. The White, Green, and Blue leaked pics were more impressive to me. If I have to get a third, it would be the black one.

Now, I really like all the vehicles, but I still can't justify what will probably be their price. I'm still hoping to find Axalara for $30 someday...

I'll buy Ackar, as I have every Red set aside from the red Visorak, and Mata Nui, because I've always wanted Yellow legs/arms.

That's it, though. The White, Green, and Blue leaked pics were more impressive to me. If I have to get a third, it would be the black one.

Now, I really like all the vehicles, but I still can't justify what will probably be their price. I'm still hoping to find Axalara for $30 someday...

I'll get the black one, Gelu, andeither mata nui, or Ackar-ackar has some nice flames!