23 hours ago, Dr3w said:

Just wow, looking at this model makes me so happy... nothing beats the classic style, well done!
It kinda feels like an Islander version of 6071: Forestmen's Crossing. 

One thing I'd add: an extra islander as there's plenty of space there and the king needs to show more force. :kahuka:

Thank you!

I agree there is room for an extra islander. The technical reason why there isn't one has to do with the feathers/horns on their heads. Those elements come on a sprue of one feather piece with two horn pieces. So I have to use the elements in that ratio. Adding another islander would require me to remove a horn piece from the roof or the statue, which I did not want to do. So that is the reason: the technicalities of trying to design a set rather than a MOC. :pir-wink:

HERE ARE MY FINAL THOUGHTS AND REASONS WHY I'VE DECIDED TO RANK THIS SET AT THE 4TH PLACE IN THE MAIN BUILDING CATEGORY

Islander Palace is the type of a set I'd swear i saw multiple times on my father's ferry crossing between Poland and Sweden, or in that small toy shop that stood by the terminal, or in any other shop i had a pleasure to hunt Legos in back in that day. This is just a product that even tho you know it wasn't there, it should have been there, that it was always a part of that childhood, and i would dream to be able find myself in a room filled with those beautiful boxes or to by them in multicopies to surround myself with them. That's how cool this stuff are, and it's sorta unique, it's very appealing, t's classic, it's actually kinda brutalistic in it's simplicity, cause many other Entries were far more detailed, and this one leaves certain areas to buyers hands in order to decide whether he/she should fill them with more bricks... but it's still  incredibly attractive.

Visually at least, cause i'm not sure if i would constantly play with it, even as a kid, after all, it's "only" an Islander set, which were always "worse" then Pirate and Soldier builds. Still, we just didn't get enough cool designs from these other factions to kick tribesmen out of the top together with their palace. Thus, i was happy to still squeeze it at the 4th position in my own ranking. 

If we would make a category for "best catalogue" then it would probably be at 1st, it was incredible to have a chance to see something like this in this contests, as these pages are perhaps even better than the build, still, it's the build that counts the most for the final ssessment, not bonus materials :)  

Edited by Mazin

This is so fun and cool. It would be a perfect playset as a kid. I like all the features.  Groovy thrown indeed. I like the boats. Not super extravagant of a set, but full of character and looks affordable