kciR

[MOC] Hogwarts microscale

Hogwarts castle

Not a very original subject to built, but I wanted to make my own Hogwarts castle for a long time. I switched a couple of times between different scales, and ended up with a microscale version because this allowed me to cover the whole castle and a larger part of the grounds. I tried to include as many details/ scenes from the books/ movies, like the boathouse, greenhouses, Hagrids House with Buckbeak, Quidditch Pitch, Forbidden Forest, Whomping Willow with Arthurs Ford Anglia, Beauxbatons' carriage, Durmstrangs Boat and the Chamber of Secrets.

The challenge for me was to keep true to the Hogwarts of the movies, in looks, scale and position of the buildings. As the the castle is different in each movie, I had choose which one to recreate. My moc is based on the last movies. 
52983984154_99333303e6_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

This MOC is actually an old one.. I finished it somewhere at the start of 2021 and took pictures later that year. Never found (took) time to upload them. But with the release of Hogwarts 76419 in September I'm a bit dissappointed that I didn't uploaded it earlier. That new set is actually the same scale as my MOC and uses similair techniques, only mine shows the whole castle and more of the grounds. It might inspire some of you for expanding the set.

52984298193_844124396d_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

52983837671_e78bbdc251_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

52984298068_0478bfca96_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

52984298108_f3387b1c44_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

52984211385_dbd9aec4f8_c.jpgHogwarts microscale by Rick, on Flickr

Quite the rendition of Hogwarts Castle. Your scale works well to have not only the main castle but the additional locations present. Funny how a single plate is instantly recognizable as the Ford Anglia in the proper context.

Very nice! It’s impressive how many details you managed to include at such a small scale. This can easily compete with the upcoming set. My favorite part is the overturned arch that is used as a bridge and the way the whole castle is built at an angle!

Thanks Feuer Zug and Oky!

I started this built without the angled placement of the castle, but it didn’t look good, even a bit dull. The angle makes the scene much more interesting.