Sign in to follow this  
dimka_ya

[MOD] New brick headlights for Pagani Utopia (76915)

Hello!

I don't really like the headlights of the model - in particular their size, it seems they should be smaller :)

My way to fix it.

Rk65g76RqIY.jpg?size=800x600&quality=95&sign=24951ce41f309b7d1f52e402acf29c96&type=album

p.s. the Studio is still missing some new parts, so the windscreen is like this :) and the mirrors were changed in one.

Thank you for attention!

Edited by dimka_ya
error

I like this solution better, since it's brick-built rather than being stickers. However, I think this is a pretty clear-cut case where they should have introduced a new part. So many of these supercars that Lego favors modeling have highly-sloped front lights. A new piece could believably accommodate all comers. 

Edited by LordsofMedieval

4 hours ago, brickhead_07 said:

Looks way better than the set, great work!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

I like this solution better, since it's brick-built rather than being stickers. However, I think this is a pretty clear-cut case where they should have introduced a new part. So many of these supercars that Lego favors modeling have highly-sloped front lights. A new piece could believably accommodate all comers. 

Probably the problem is that different cars have different headlights and TLC does not want to spend money on a new form of the part for the sake of each new one. In principle, this bevel (80177 and 80178) is a good solution and the headlights, for example, of a Ferrari are good. Against this background, it is not clear why the Pagani have them so large and applied high. Did no one in the focus group pay attention to this?

5 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

Well they did create a new piece and it is even printed, I would have rather wanted a sticker in this case though, lol.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Well they did create a new piece and it is even printed, I would have rather wanted a sticker in this case though, lol.

yeah. a part for ferrari and pagani comes out of one mold and different prints are applied :)