Brickscape

Tepee Support Pole - Sets and Colors?

I’m a bit neurotic when it comes to my sets having parts in the correct colors and I’m trying to figure out if the tepee support pole element was only made in old brown or if it was also made in reddish brown…

I have four of these pieces. One is definitely old brown. The other three look much more like reddish brown.

Every source I can find says that the element was only included in 4 sets and all of these sets predate the introduction of reddish brown.

Is this just a dramatic case of color variation and/or discoloration/aging plastic? Or was the element made in reddish brown, and if so, in which set(s)?

Any clarification anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

According to "Bicklink" they are all brown in color. Lego colors have been known to yellow which is probably why yours look a little bit different.

The Lone Ranger set 79107 Comanche Camp has tipi poles as well, and they are newer enough to have a different brown

4 hours ago, strakkla said:

The Lone Ranger set 79107 Comanche Camp has tipi poles as well, and they are newer enough to have a different brown

I had that same thought but it does not appear to be the case. While I do not own that set, from what I can see in inventories and instructions scans, the set is built using an assemblage of Technic parts and does not use the tepee support element at all. So again, I’m at a loss to explain an apparent reddish brown version of the element.