Thedbbuildworks

[M4-23 - Imperial Ship] - Delta/I Shuttle

52942928886_de9f8b1232_k.jpg52943390148_4098bd0202_c.jpg52942328067_424685798e_o.png
52943075004_db9adbc003_k.jpg52946512363_de1764af2c_k.jpg52946190319_b24327cb00_k.jpg52946046176_17029bdda5_k.jpg

Apologies for the initial wrong format of the entry,

I present the Delta/I Shuttle

when I first played BF2 I wondered why Inferno squad didn’t have their own shuttle

The Delta, as designed by Director Krennic was perfectly suited to their needs, practical, stripped back, stealthy and very fast, perfect for the Empire’s Special Forces

as required the build is no larger than a lambda and can fit a pilot

Added new photos to include an interior (clearly not the same build as the official set, engines, and removed unsightly colours at wing joint
"how did this happen?, we're better than this!...." - Obi Wan Kenobi

Edited by Thedbbuildworks
added new photos

Great shuttle build! Looks like a very heavy modding of the official set, but you made the folding wings much more accurate, plus the red lines are cool. I particularly like how you made the windscreen with those transparent trapezoid pieces. Any interior shots? That's where I felt Lego's version was really weak in design.

1 hour ago, Brickshipyard said:

Great shuttle build! Looks like a very heavy modding of the official set, but you made the folding wings much more accurate, plus the red lines are cool. I particularly like how you made the windscreen with those transparent trapezoid pieces. Any interior shots? That's where I felt Lego's version was really weak in design.

i had to refer to lego's instructions because i'd never built this ship before myself, had no idea where to start with a pyramid type build.

the wing folding mechanism is 1 to 1 lego's i'll freely admit to that,
the wings took some inspiration from the official set because i didnt have the bricks to do it snot and i couldn't afford to buy the parts needed to make them long enough
the only other  part specifically drawn from lego was the use of the large half tiled corner plate making up the front of the side panelling

there is no interior due to the pain in the backside shape, the pilot is in the cockpit, the whole cockpit slides out (and roof of cockpit) and is attached by technic to the main sail

i'll include a photo of that when i get the chance tonight

Love the concept! And yours looks a lot better than Legos.