Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 76420 Triwizard Tournament: The Black Lake

Here is my review on Harry Potter 76420 Triwizard Tournament: The Black Lake:

THE GOOD:

• Great minifigures selection.
  • The design of Ron and Hermione suspended underwater is great.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Nothing specific to be honest...

I was originally drawn into this set with the variation of the minifigure parts, after seeing a 20% discount on Amazon AU, decided to go for it and I actually enjoyed the set more than I would expect.  First there aren't any negatives I particularly want to point out as in my opinion there are none expect for the RRP.  The overall building experience isn't complex at all but still offer some cool details and interesting ways of building.  It's good the top part and the bottom are connected like modular buildings for easy removal.  The highlight for is the way Ron and Hermione appear to be suspended underwater, this gives me a lot of ideas on how to utilise this techniques in other builds.  There is also an action feature allowing Harry to dive into the lake.  This set also comes with some very good minifigure variants.  I especially like some of the secondary expressions.  At RRP this set can somewhat feel expensive, but it's not hard to find a place discounting this.  I will totally recommend this to all HP fans and casual lego fans.