Sign in to follow this  
HatBricks

[M4-23 - Minifigure Habitat] - Karn Family Breakfast Bonanza!

My submission for the Minifigure Habitat, The Karn Family Breakfast Bonanza! This diorama recreates the iconic scene from Andor where Syril and his mother Eedy Karn enjoy a carefree meal together with no judgment! (I used an app to remove the background in this photo)

70BGtXo.pngTm6DX8J.jpgXfj4iXQ.jpg

We can see a bird’s eye view of the breakfast room.

YG5007B.jpg

I removed the chairs and table just to get a better view of the back wall (I’m pretty happy with the greeting)

UFeCWdQ.jpg

And here we have our custom minifigures! Everyone’s favourite Imperial sympathizer, Syril Karn in his casual outfit! It was a challenge to find a torso that was bland enough but still fit the futuristic aesthetic.

uEDpYUg.jpg

Eedy Karn, 5-time winner of Mother of the Year! (an award she probably gave herself). Finding a face that matches her stern expression was important.

4EJJVGb.jpg

And who could forget everyone’s favourite character, R0O-8A, the loveable cleaning droid who is totally a real Star Wars character and not something I made up to hit the limit of 3 minifigures. In seriousness though, I liked the idea of making a droid from scratch and the idea of a cleaning droid felt mundane enough to fit within this scene.

H7JuUP2.jpg

R0O-8A has vacuum pads on the bottom to suck up any dirt as well as containment canisters on the back to store said dirt.

BHka01H.jpg

Nice re-creation of such an iconic scene! I wish there was a way to make elements of the seating area more rounded, but I know the size constraints make that difficult.