Murdoch17

Cruela De Vil 1930s roadster - real world 40532 (Vintage Taxi) inspired MOD

This car is owned by Cruella De Vil of "101 Dalmatians" fame in the classic red and black paint-scheme of that animated film... and no, its doesn't fall-apart like in the sequel film, "Patch's London Adventure". (at least, not on purpose!)

52766605684_b830c20099_z.jpg

I built the model by heavily stretching set 40532 - Vintage Taxi by about seven studs. This allowed for me to add in some mechanical details, although it might be a bit too long now.

52766353451_3493a88e4a_z.jpg

I added a covered spare tire at the rear of the car, and blacked out the back windscreen to give the impression of a fabric convertible top.

52766841463_9ac8b42a74_z.jpg

As an added bonus, the car still seats two figures with room in the trunk for luggage.

71038-13.jpg?202302200411

The whole point of building this car is to give Cruela from the upcoming Disney CMF her iconic vehicle back and complete her "look". I plan on buying this figure as soon as it comes out on April 1st.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, JopieK said:

@Murdoch17 looks really nice! Now you also need an appropriate driver for her :)

She drives herself in the two animated films that I'm basing this off of. That butler guy from the late-90's live-action remake + horrible sequel did drive her in that series, but the car was black and white in those two films. Thanks for the suggestion, though @JopieK!

7 minutes ago, Jdrewg said:

Looks great!

Thank you @Jdrewg!