Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Walked in to my nearest Target and saw the Lego section cut down by half and very little left of that - maybe they are getting 2010 stuff before anybody else.

Walked in to my nearest Target and saw the Lego section cut down by half and very little left of that - maybe they are getting 2010 stuff before anybody else.

Since I only got back into Lego this year, I'm just wondering - has it always been this mad scramble to get Lego every Christmas or is Lego becoming a more popular gift of choice?

I'm sad about the empty shelf - I haven't had enough time to start collecting the Pirates and Castle themes and I love these historical stuff, oh well, I'll try ebay or BL later next year when I got more money in the piggy bank :classic:

Went into Target today and they had 25% off all Lego, I was on the hunt for the SW Exclusive pirate set, but no dice! They were about half stocked.

Went into Target today and they had 25% off all Lego, I was on the hunt for the SW Exclusive pirate set, but no dice! They were about half stocked.

First I have heard of this and is it all over Oz ?

First I have heard of this and is it all over Oz ?

Well I know Target was advertising 10-30% off on Toys, So I can only assume the 25% is across all their shops. Stock up on the sets people!

Well I know Target was advertising 10-30% off on Toys, So I can only assume the 25% is across all their shops. Stock up on the sets people!

Thanks, ISC, you saved me $1.25 (or cost me $3.75), as I just got a pirate impulse set. For those in Adelaide, there was still one Brickbeard's bounty, a soldiers fort and a steam roller (slightly squashed box) at Target Newton as at about 1 pm.

Edited by hewman

Thanks, ISC, you saved me $1.25 (or cost me $3.75), as I just got a pirate impulse set. For those in Adelaide, there was still one Brickbeard's bounty, a soldiers fort and a steam roller (slightly squashed box) at Target Newton as at about 1 pm.

Same in my Target, 25% off all toys (not just LEGO) but selection was sparse - City Crawler cranes, sports cars, the SW Midi Falcon and some Indy Temple of Dooms.

Oh wouldn't it be nice if kmart or bigw got the 2010 SW sets in time for boxing day sales.

Isn't it nice to be on a no AU site and not have to explain boxing day.

TRU is selling home one for $140 until 24th. and the seperatist shuttle for $32.50 for monday (21st) one day only sale.

TRU is selling home one for $140 until 24th. and the seperatist shuttle for $32.50 for monday (21st) one day only sale.

Hmm, I need to find 140 bucks by the 24th then, TRU's in my region (which I have two) have plenty Home Ones when I checked late last week - at normally $200, 20 bucks more than S@H, they just don't sell - they are too dear for what this set is made up of.

By the way Kmarts and Targets are starting to really run low especially Star Wars and some City sets - 2010 is less than two weeks away.

Myer has a "buy three toys get the cheapest one free" on today. Saw the advertisement in the daily telegraph (NSW).

If you can find three sets you like at the same price, you essentially get 33.3% off.

Walked through Kmart Firle saw 1 left - 7198 for only $ 45.00 - I wish I had the money.

Also they had plenty of farms for $ 89 and still at $69 for city corner (must grab one more for parts).

Anyone know when we can expect the first 2010 star wars sets.

Oh and those of you who keep going on, there was a bbc news thing posted in the SW thread, there is a world wide shortage of lego.

Edited by DarthSion

Anyone know when we can expect the first 2010 star wars sets.

Oh and those of you who keep going on, there was a bbc news thing posted in the SW thread, there is a world wide shortage of lego.

I believe it was Skynews UK not the BBC that had the report.

Our first lot of Star Wars should be early to mid January.

It really depends what you mean by shortage. I see it as a failure of the 'just in time' production model myself. What appears to be happening is that retailers are not predicting the huge rush in sales just before christmas, and are not ordering enough to avoid empty shelves. Once the shelves start to empty, they all order at the last minute and TLG is having difficulty filling all the orders in time for christmas. This seems to happen every year in Australia, at least to some extent. I guess the retailers dont want to avoid it if it means risking stocking up early on unpopular sets.

I don't understand why people are surprised by it. Also it's not like we haven't had six months of rolling sales in the lead up to christmas, so it wasn't hard to avoid.

I wouldn't take anything seriously from Sky News! :laugh: This story is just a silly season mix of PR and hype, honestly. What's the story? Ebay scalpers? That was maybe news 5 years ago, if then. Two vox pops with sad looking parents who are actually standing in front of *fully stocked* LEGO displays and then an interview with a LEGO employee *who just happens to be standing in front of a display of next year's sets*? Come on! :laugh:

I don't even think retailers here have had any problems. From K-Mart's example, obviously they're quite happy flogging everything off in the lead-up to Xmas. From a retailer's point of view it is much better to have empty shelves just before Xmas than it is to have fully stocked ones afterwards when toy sales plummet. I think Aussie retailers are doing just fine :wink:

What's this shortage your talking about................

I know plenty of Toys'R'Us stores that have huge amounts of Lego sets still.

I wonder if it's the 5% to 15% markup...... I THINK SO !!!!!

Braved the crowds at Westfield Kotara today and was sorely disappointed.

Kmart just had the big Farm set and the City Corner one.

TRU had plenty of Space Police but nothing else really. Sold out of Home Ones :(

Target has pretty much nothing. Spotted maybe 10 total Lego boxes all up.

DJs had half of what they had when they had the 25% off sale. The Carousel was still on sale ($90 off rather than the 25% off a few weeks ago) and there were maybe 3 on the shelves but that was about it.

All in all, not happy. Can't wait until January...

Kmart had a few extra clearance items today:

- Galactic Enforcer $80

- Combine Harvester $28.

I couldn't leave them there at those prices :classic:

Does anyone know anybody who works at Kmart/Target/Myer/Toysrus who might be able to tell us if the new 2010 sets are already in stores but not on shelves yet? I can't wait to buy some new sets, the Lego shelves are definitely empty these days.

I learnt something the other week, Lego Australia are moving warehouses at the moment - not good planning I say.

So we may have a reason for the lack of stock in stores.

Has anyone else noticed that none of the boxing day stocktake sales catalogs from Kmart/Target/Myer/BigW feature sales on Lego? Perhaps it's a sign that new sets will be out soon after Christmas and they don't want to discount them.

Has anyone else noticed that none of the boxing day stocktake sales catalogs from Kmart/Target/Myer/BigW feature sales on Lego? Perhaps it's a sign that new sets will be out soon after Christmas and they don't want to discount them.

I tend to agree, no Lego sales after Xmas means that new sets are definately on the way and won't be discounted.

Sad really, but lets hope that once they're all out that we'll have a 20% off, or a buy one, get the other for 50% off.