natesroom

Need Minifig Heads for army

I need about 150 heads to outfit the army of troops, and i wanted to purchase the most economical head that works with castle minis. It is so hard to search bricklink for heads as you have to settle on a particular version then look at it and then check pricing. Obviously pricing is higher or lower depending on its availabilty, how many sets etc.

Does anyone have suggestions for a 3-10 standard heads they could suggest? They can all be the same face i don't care that much. (yellow not flesh)

Edited by natesroom

Hopefully this advanced search works ... https://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?viewFrom=sa&qMin=15&sellerCountryID=US&invNew=N&catID=238&colorID=3&sellerLoc=C&searchSort=C&sz=500

This should search for all new yellow heads for sale by people with at least 15 heads of one type in the US. You can change the 15 to 50 or whatever minimum number of each type you might buy.

When buying bulk, I normally do a search like this to see what sellers in my country have available in bulk. Skip over uninteresting ones and make a note of any that are interesting. It helps to identify what domestic sellers have available in large stocks. Chances are if they have 50+ of one interesting head, they'll have others in bulk too. Or you can add the interesting ones to a wants list and then use that to search stores.

PS you can also add extra terms after that link such as -glasses to turn off any modern looking with glasses.

The downside is bulk heads tend to be priced relatively high compared to if the seller has just a few. And it might be better going to online PAB instead.

Personally I find that as long as you're meeting the $35 free shipping threshold PaB is usually the best deal, as long as they have what you're looking for in stock, of course.