MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

16 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t know if I could handle that. It’d be an instant buy, but I might cry every time I look at it

100% agree. My eyes will water every time someone says the line. I might have to make one myself.

The Young Jedi Adventures set has been revealed! Only 3 minifigs though, so I guess there will be another one at some point to fill the gaps :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah…no interest in the set. Price is horrific. I really don’t get the paradox that it’s targeted for children yet has ridiculous prices. I guess a new Yoda is interesting enough…

Id be very surprised if Yoda’s Starfighter is based off of this show now. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

If children like this Young Jedi Adventures set then that's fine, set target met, but it's not for me nor, I would think, a lot of AFOLS. Personally Yoda looks horrific, but it's clearly meant to encapsulate a different graphic style.

oof lego has finally made a fig I'm going to be embarrassed to display in my every star wars fig ever display (and I have Aldar Beedo in there). That Yoda will look like some other brand's cheap knockoff.

Edit: I don't mind the younglings though.

Edited by Archer

9 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

droid head piece in this set is cool

Agreed.

But what is going on with the hairpiece for the boy minifig?
It look so... odd.

12 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

droid head piece in this set is cool

Yep :thumbup: This and the blue head of the girl.

Where can I the image for the Young Jedi Adventures set?

Edit: Nvm I found it

Edited by Nolaheru

Lol I have no interest in the 4+ set. But it looks ok I guess. Isn't this set coming out for August?

Spoiler

Fang vs TIE is definitely gonna have Gideon and possibly Sabine....it'd suck if it were only 3 figures but man...it wouldn't surprise me either. TIE pilot, Gideon in new drip, Mando Loyalist. Hopefully Sabine or another character...Bo...end up being included as well. 

Minifigs look really good for the 4+ set. I have no idea what the show entails, but this looks like something my kids would love regardless. They will need to save a lot in their piggy banks and learn at a young age about the high cost of investing in Star Wars LEGO as a hobby:

"I am a Star Wars LEGO collector, like my father before me."

New 4+ set is ok, but minifigs are intriguing. Today has High republic robes on which look slightly cartoony, but still good, but what’s with that face?! Is it reuse of old CW head or completely new one? Regardless it’s easy to swap for standard Yoda head. Padawans look good, but what’s with that strange canister printed on their torsos? Overall good figs, bad builds as expected for 4+ set. For 25$ I’d buy this set for minifigs alone, but not 40$.

Set looks about what I'd expect for a 4+ set. The characters look fantastic and I wonder if they'll be using that new head element for Yoda going forward.

Also, some nice printed elements, the droid head will be useful. I also love the printed window elements, perfect for some temple builds. And the Jedi logo print, that will find its way into a lot of mocs i'm sure. 

Still hope we see the Yodas Jedi Starfighter based off this where we get the other new characters and a slightly more impressive build

27 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Where is the list on the first page for sets we are expecting? 

This thread is where people should post official info, not sure if it's up-to-date though.

Sad that our first jedi temple is a 4+ set...

Hopefully the may the 4th set's minifigure is that sweet concept art darth vader

Edited by Goofster

8 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Sad that our first jedi temple is a 4+ set...

Hopefully the may the 4th set's minifigure is that sweet concept art darth vader

Also our first High Republic set but hopefully not our last.

The figures are the real highlight here,  though the build itself does include several nice printed pieces.

46 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This thread is where people should post official info, not sure if it's up-to-date though.

Just threw a list on this one with the rest of the 2023 sets. Hope it's helpful.

The youngling minifigs look cool. I have no idea why they couldn’t just use the normal Yoda head, this one looks very creepy. 

This set makes me realize we really need a new colour for the purple lightsaber blade at some point, because the current one is way too dark. 

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yeah…no interest in the set. Price is horrific. I really don’t get the paradox that it’s targeted for children yet has ridiculous prices. I guess a new Yoda is interesting enough…

Id be very surprised if Yoda’s Starfighter is based off of this show now. 

It's because for a 4+ set, it's parents buying it, not kids. (Not that that makes the price ok by any means, but it's why.)

I don't know why anyone thought yoda's starfighter would be based off this show. We've seen no evidence that yoda even pilots a starfighter in the show, have we? Not to mention YJA is very much a 4+ show so I doubt we'd get 6+ sets for it.
Actually, weren't there rumors it was a standard Actis interceptor, and not his TCW one?

14 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

This set makes me realize we really need a new colour for the purple lightsaber blade at some point, because the current one is way too dark. 

I've found that this is a pretty good alternate.