I recently ordered the Nightmare Shark Ship and have spent most of today building it while watching the show for the first time. And while I'm only up through episode 9 so far, I'm realizing that I've really slept (heh) on this show! It's off to a MUCH stronger start than Lego shows that I've bounced off of like Chima or Nexo Knights, with great characterization and a really strong episodic storyline. It's definitely tempting me to pick up some more of the sets now—I'd been impressed with the designs but having a connection to the characters has me that much more determined to pick up some of the other characters like Zoey and Cooper.

54 minutes ago, Lion King said:

@Lyichir, I would love to hear your thoughts about Nightmare Shark Ship set. 

It's great! The functions, colors, and details are fantastic and I love the figures. So far I've only built it in the "flying" configuration, not the "wheeled" version. I'm a little uncertain what I'll do with the extra parts for the alternate mode when I eventually store it—a part of me wishes that both modes used all the parts, though I know how tough that can be to design.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:36 AM, Lyichir said:

It's great! The functions, colors, and details are fantastic and I love the figures. So far I've only built it in the "flying" configuration, not the "wheeled" version. I'm a little uncertain what I'll do with the extra parts for the alternate mode when I eventually store it—a part of me wishes that both modes used all the parts, though I know how tough that can be to design.

Thanks for sharing yoru thoughts! Yeah I agree with you - I ave some extra parts for Z-Blob the Robot set’s alternative mode and it leaves me scratching my head. I’m not sure if  I should buy few off PAB or Bricklink to complete that alternative mode. 

Other tha that, i really love colors and figures the designers gave us along with new pieces. 

Edited by Lion King

I wish the young heroes could have medium legs instead of normal legs. I mean they are middle / high school kids aren’t they? 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

I wish the young heroes could have medium legs instead of normal legs. I mean they are middle / high school kids aren’t they? 

I think they're high school. The mid-length legs seem to mostly be used for "tweens" so I don't think it's too much of an issue that the teenage Dreamzzz kids use normal legs (although mid-length legs could've potentially been cool).

One other reason they probably went for the longer legs is that I don't think Lego currently can do as much with the mid-length legs, given that they're newer and less widely used. For example, they don't yet have dual-molded mid-length legs like they do for the longer ones, a feature that's used for both Mateo and Izzie.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I think they're high school. The mid-length legs seem to mostly be used for "tweens" so I don't think it's too much of an issue that the teenage Dreamzzz kids use normal legs (although mid-length legs could've potentially been cool).

One other reason they probably went for the longer legs is that I don't think Lego currently can do as much with the mid-length legs, given that they're newer and less widely used. For example, they don't yet have dual-molded mid-length legs like they do for the longer ones, a feature that's used for both Mateo and Izzie.

I feel like mid-legs would represnt young heroes as “teenager” rather than “full-grown adult”.  We don’t know thier ages tho. 

No, mid-legs are not newer. They were introduced in 2018, first in Harry Potter theme. But yes, you are right - i feel they are pretty behind on using mid-legs such as dual mold or printing. Short legs are commonly plain, I believe. Longer legs were re-introduced in Avatar theme one or two years ago. They are fairly newer so not used widlely in other themes yet. 

Just now, Lion King said:

I feel like mid-legs would represnt young heroes as “teenager” rather than “full-grown adult”.  We don’t know thier ages tho. 

No, mid-legs are not newer. They were introduced in 2018, first in Harry Potter theme. But yes, you are right - i feel they are pretty behind on using mid-legs such as dual mold or printing. Short legs are commonly plain, I believe. Longer legs were re-introduced in Avatar theme one or two years ago. They are fairly newer so not used widlely in other themes yet. 

By "newer" I meant newer than the standard legs, long legs, or shortest (non-bending) legs. Mid-length legs are one of the newest varieties so there's been less development or variations on them since they were introduced than there has been for the classic legs.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

By "newer" I meant newer than the standard legs, long legs, or shortest (non-bending) legs. Mid-length legs are one of the newest varieties so there's been less development or variations on them since they were introduced than there has been for the classic legs.

Ah ok.

Still they are behind on using technology for mid-legs,  such as dual mold and printing. Hopefully they will finally do it!