m0repotter

General Question about buying from Bricklink (Stranger Things set)

Hi everyone! So when the Stranger Things set (The Upside Down) was still on the market, I didn't have a steady job and couldn't afford to get it. Now things are better, and with the new season airing I'm getting back into the show. Unfortunately the set is now retired and doesn't seem to have any lingering stock anywhere. I was wondering:

1) Does anyone know of any businesses in the US that may still carry it? (I know this is a reach)

2) If I have to resort to buying from Bricklink, does anyone have any advice or huge pros/ cons they can point out from using it to buy sets? Never done this before, and I really don't want to have to go to eBay (Mercari's prices are also super inflated).

and 3) does anyone think there's any possibility this set may be re-released one day, kind of how Frozen's 43172 was repackaged and re-released a couple years later?

Thank you!!!

I doubt they will re-release it. They do new Disney sets of popular movies continually as (mainly) little girls grow up, get over Disney and get replaced in the market by new little girls wanting their favourite princess stuff. Whereas The Upside Down seems to be a bit more of a one off. They might do another Stranger Things set (in addition to the brickheadz) in future but they are not likely to duplicate it. The older kids and adults into Stranger Things are likely to be the same people as that already bought it.

I advise buying as soon as possible, it will only go up from here.

10 hours ago, MAB said:

I doubt they will re-release it. They do new Disney sets of popular movies continually as (mainly) little girls grow up, get over Disney and get replaced in the market by new little girls wanting their favourite princess stuff. Whereas The Upside Down seems to be a bit more of a one off. They might do another Stranger Things set (in addition to the brickheadz) in future but they are not likely to duplicate it. The older kids and adults into Stranger Things are likely to be the same people as that already bought it.

I advise buying as soon as possible, it will only go up from here.

Thank you!!