Sign in to follow this  
Paul B Technic

LEGO Technic 42134 - Monster Jam™ Megalodon™ Review

LEGO Technic 42134 - Monster Jam™ Megalodon™ Review

From the LEGO Technic Website:
"Discover an authentic replica of a Monster Jam™ fan favourite with this LEGO® Technic™ Megalodon™ (42134) pull-back truck building set for kids aged 7+. With true-to-life graphics and colours, this truck is packed with details for kids to discover. The pull-back action makes playtime exciting as kids race their truck and perform cool tricks. The fins move as the monster truck toy powers along, while the realistic shark teeth and large tires add extra realism for hours of fun.

Action-packed 2-in-1 toy - When it’s time for a new challenge, this 2-in-1 toy truck rebuilds into a Low Racer vehicle. Inspired by the mythical sea monster, this low rider car toy combines a shark and a squid to create a fearsome vehicle, complete with pull-back action for fast-paced play.

Inspiring the engineers of tomorrow - With vehicles that look and function like the real thing, LEGO Technic buildable models offer a fun introduction to engineering and mechanics for young LEGO fans.

Exciting monster truck build – Kids will love building and racing this LEGO® Technic™ Monster Jam™ Megalodon™ 42134 toy truck. With pull-back action, this 2-in-1 toy offers hours of immersive play

Interactive play – Use the pull-back feature to send the truck racing along before recreating cool monster truck tricks.

2-in-1 toy – The fun goes on as kids can rebuild their truck into a Low Racer low rider car toy, inspired by another legendary sea monster

Ideal for boys and girls aged 7+ – A great introduction to building and engineering for young monster truck fans. Makes a great birthday gift for Monster Jam™ fans

A mighty model – The Megalodon™ truck measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 9 in. (24 cm) long and 5 in. (13 cm) wide, making this buildable model perfect for creative play

Authentic details – Just like the real-life Monster Jam™ Megalodon™, this LEGO® Technic™ toy version features the distinctive shark teeth, plus fins that move as the vehicle powers along

Stickers included – Kids will love adding the sticker graphics to recreate the striking looks of the Monster Jam™ Megalodon™ shark truck

Inspire future engineers – The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building sets for LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge

Quality materials – LEGO® Technic™ components meet strict industry standards so you can be sure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time

Always safe – LEGO® Technic™ components are tested to the max to make sure they meet strict global safety standards"

Overview:
For only $32.95, this set is excellent value. The building process was enjoyable and took about 30 minutes. The end rest is a very good looking monster truck that is fun to play with, my kids love driving and crashing these. I have owned a few of the different pull back sets in the past, this one has the best looks out of all the ones I have owned. The level of detail in the teeth is great. I do feel the rear tail section is a bit of a let down, it feels a little bare and underdone. This set is good both to be built as the set and also as a base to create some interesting C models. 

Things I like:
- Fun design.
- Enjoyable building process.
- Pull back function.

Things I don't like:
- Limited functions, no opening doors or anything excpet for the pull back motor.  

Rating:
4/5 - It is fun but has only one function, the pull back motor.

Photos: https://tangerstechnic.blogspot.com/2022/03/lego-technic-42134-monster-jam.html