[MOC / LEGO IDEAS] The Alchemist's Stilt House

Hello !

I'm here to share my latest medieval MOC, the Alchemist's Stilt House :

The Alchemist's Stilt House - Lego IDEAS

The roof can be removed to access the interior :

Additional pictures can be seen in the Flickr album, and if you want to seen even more angles of the model, or see how certain things are built, you can see the 3D model on Mecabricks : https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/1k2qyEWX2E0

The story of this MOC began about two years ago, when I began working on a "little" diorama inspired by Skyrim (yeah, when it comes to medieval creations this seems to be my main inspiration, but I love this game so much :laugh:). I love the idea of houses built over a body of water, like Lake-Town, in The Hobbit, so I decided to build a scene based on the city of Morthal, and more particularly the Thaumaturgist's Hut :

51964325899_bcef913086_b.jpg

51964601805_dcf21a8857_o.jpg

I got pretty far, and even ordered some parts to build the model physically, but at one point I got stuck, I couldn't find a good idea to build the roof, and I ended up giving up on the model. Here's the latest update, from between mid and late 2020 :

H9q34iobITCBwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Near the end of 2021, I remembered this MOC, and thought it would be a shame to let it gather dust, even if it's digital. I really liked the idea of the stilt house, so I decided to make some small changes to the model and submit it as a Product Idea. After all, medieval models tend to do well, and I felt this was different and original enough to make an interesting set. So I reduced the footprint of the model, changed the colours to something more lively, added some plants and animals, and more importantly, I found a good idea for the roof !

I think I got really lucky with it, because I found a rather sturdy and reliable technique that leaves almost no gaps :

gAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

I don't know if it's been done before, but I don't recall having seen something like that in the past.

Here's a view of the model before and after its overhaul :

TCRAgQIAAAQIECBAgQIAAAQIECBAgQIAAgaICSpK

And, last but not least, here is the link of the model's page on Ideas, if you'd like to support it so it could become an official Lego set : https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:972005357c6b40dc8c58dca72a5cf5b5

Thank you !