admiral_typhoon

[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster

Taking inspiration from more than 8 different designs from across comics, MCU, concept art, and games, I designed this hefty Stark piece of machinery!

51815488068_23ef8ef543_z.jpg[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster by Admiraltyphoon, on Flickr

51816100565_a30c86b9a6_z.jpg[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster by Admiraltyphoon, on Flickr

What was before a MOD to the IW set, the main challenge for me was also to prove that the 2020 6x6 dish head could be implemented well in a hulkbuster design compared to the actual set. 

51817597409_3b546f22a7_z.jpg[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster by Admiraltyphoon, on Flickr

51817969255_207458a008_z.jpg[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster by Admiraltyphoon, on Flickr

I called it "Ultimate" because of the variety of designs it takes inspiration from, but also because I'm going to consider it my definitive version for quite a while (unless Lego brings out another specific piece that inspires me to rework it yet again).

51826714091_a67908c297_z.jpg[MOC] Ultimate Hulkbuster by Admiraltyphoon, on Flickr

If you're curious about instructions, I've put them up on Rebrickable! https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-91791/Admiraltyphoon/ultimate-hulkbuster/#details 

This looks super nice! I appreciate the use of metallic gold alongside pearl gold. 

I know you said you were focused on using the 2020 headpiece, but could you send a picture of what it looks like with the other prior head parts? Just for comparison.