Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

Indy and the banker

Indy tries to explain that he needs to make a deposit of ancient treasure, but the banker doesn't want any of it.

DSC02960.jpg

Gee thanks, all I need is a better camera. Do you know what kind of camera or software I could use to make this pic a lot better? Just curious.

I like the concept and the attempt at creating perspective in the photograph. However, I have to agree with The Joker in that the lack of focus ruins the overall effect. You may wish to either get the camera on a tripod and provide a better light source, or move the camera back a little bit and use the zoom. Taking pictures of LEGO is not easy, given the small size, but you'll get better with practice.

O.K., I think I got it, but I'm not sure.... it still looks blurry.....

DSC03023-1.jpg

Maybe tomorrow, I'll try flash....

DSC03038.jpg

Still blurry, darnit....maybe I'll buy a new camera or just get a tripod like you guys said.

Well, at least the banker's not a nazi.....or is he? (Dun dun dun!)

Anyway, I like it!

And Jessica, I would recommend getting a camera with a zoom feature. It usually works good for Lego.

O.K., I think I got it, but I'm not sure.... it still looks blurry.....

DSC03023-1.jpg

Maybe tomorrow, I'll try flash....

DSC03038.jpg

Still blurry, darnit....maybe I'll buy a new camera or just get a tripod like you guys said.

There are a couple of issues. If you don't have a lot of light, the camera's shutter is open longer which makes it more likely that you'll move the camera whilst it is actually taking in the light. More light and a small tripod (or even a thick book) to support the camera do wonders.

Then there's the focus. You;ve got the background in focus, but not the object that you're interested in, which is close to the camera. You'll need to find the macro option on the camera. That should be in the manual somewhere. I think that will help.

Once a picture is this blurred, there are limitations to what software can do to fix it. There's something called a deconvolution algorithm that may fix things, but they're not always very reliable. That said, I just googled this

http://www.focusmagic.com/

I'm not the world's best photographer and I've got quite a few blurry pictures of MOCs that I took apart that I wouldn't mind finding a fix for this problem. You can only use the free copy a few times, but I've just tried it on a few of my old pictures and it's pretty good. There probably are free programs that can do something similar.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

O.K., last shoot at this....

[...]

Well what ya think? :sadnew:

It's better, and I like the idea :classic: But the pics really suffer from way too little light.

Edited by Quarryman

Move the camera back a little, turn on Macro(flower icon or something similar), and then take the picture. Light isn't the big concern.

Indy reminds me of the Lego spinoff, Johnny Thunder. That guy lived a very conservative life compared to Indy.

Edited by badbrick