Stepwise

(recolor + stud.io and part designer) Explorien minifig and an Astro-Dasher

Hi everyone,

I took a shot at using Inkscape to create Explorien torsos that aren't in Stud.io - I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out so far.

I know that original Explorien torsos didn't have blue in the logo - it was just yellow, black, and shades of grey. Logos on other parts used blue, so I tried it that way, and I like how the colors pop. The image is a little rough, and it's huge on this screen for some reason - everything's still basically a rough draft at this point while I figure out things like lighting, scratches/degradation, (and resizing photos), but it shows what I've got figured out so far.

explorien%202%20blue%20astro%20dasher.pn
(The hardest part was already done, because credit for the svg version of the logo itself goes to Oleth - I found it at Swooshable.)

I have two of the three torsos done (the one with a big circle wasn't that difficult...) Once I have all three of them done, I'll post the blue and grey versions them in the Stud.io gallery.

I have most of the torsos done. Ironically, the one that's the hardest is just a big circle, but I can't get it centered on the torsos in PartDesigner. I won't be getting back to this for a while, because school is starting up again, but I wanted to show what I've gotten done up to this point. 

Explorien%20Minifigs.png

I'd post the .svg files or the stud.io files, but I'm worried about copyright violations...I'll do some more checking around before I go any further with that.

Anyway - thanks for looking.