Kdapt-Preacher

[MOC] KdaptPreacher's 1:1455 Fleet --- 206 ships and counting (New: Ahsoka's Shuttle, Fondor Haulcraft)

On 10/11/2023 at 9:02 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The bottom half is definitely used on its own (in 10256 Taj Mahal, for example, and probably other places), but I can't think of any examples of the top half either. I dunno. Very much a grey area. I don't use minifigure hands, personally--I know the majority of the community is cool with that, but it always seemed like a bit of a bridge too far for me. Using the turntables isn't as far, but I'm still not completely comfortable with it. I may get over it. We'll see. In the meantime, I fully support anybody else using the turntables if they prefer.

I've been looking and haven't come up with an example of them being used separately in an official set. If you can think of one, that would make up my mind immediately. In the meantime I'll think about exactly where I draw the line here. If I decide that it's legit, then I'd definitely consider replacing the boat studs on the Immobilizer; you're almost certainly right that they'd work better for some of those angle plates. It's moot for the moment since I'm not going to be able to make any structural changes to anything until I'm back in the US and have access to my physical bricks again anyway, but if you have the Immobilizer assembled and want to make that change I would completely encourage you to do so.

I must be stupid, as I can't find an official lego example either. I guess the only thing I can say is that they come separate in sets, the bottom part have been used on its own in official sets already, and the only way we'd be using the top turn piece is stud to stud connection. That's my argument for it being a legal method.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking at what I'd like to put in my Imperial fleet. So far I have a squadron of TIE fighters and bombers each, 3 Gozantis, 2 Arquitens, an Immobilizer, and an ISD still in the box. What other big grey triangles would be a good edition from a lore and aesthetic stand point? I was thinking of the Quaser Fire, or waiting for a Venator or Victory model. The Victory from Ky-e Bricks on Rebrickable looks nice, but I don't like the engine design a whole lot as its completely different from 75252. Getting a second 75252 is also off the table. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, The-yukio said:

On an unrelated note, I'm looking at what I'd like to put in my Imperial fleet. So far I have a squadron of TIE fighters and bombers each, 3 Gozantis, 2 Arquitens, an Immobilizer, and an ISD still in the box. What other big grey triangles would be a good edition from a lore and aesthetic stand point? I was thinking of the Quaser Fire, or waiting for a Venator or Victory model. The Victory from Ky-e Bricks on Rebrickable looks nice, but I don't like the engine design a whole lot as its completely different from 75252. Getting a second 75252 is also off the table. Any suggestions?

If you want some more grey triangles, I would go with the Victory-II class Frigate. If you want want smaller there’s the Tartan, Lancer, and Carrack. Quasar is still a good choice though

On 10/18/2023 at 1:32 AM, Starwarsfan12346 said:

If you want some more grey triangles, I would go with the Victory-II class Frigate. If you want want smaller there’s the Tartan, Lancer, and Carrack. Quasar is still a good choice though

I've thought about the Lancer and Carrack, but the Victory-II looks a little fragile and not very robust.

On 9/15/2023 at 12:12 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

GECHpaT.png

Basic structure of the ventral surface. Obviously lots of greebly work to do on the central bit and in the hangar, but I think this is about what the ventral hull armor needs to look like. This is the RotS version; the TCW version is very similar from this view but will have the brim notch much further back.

what is gonna be the approximate length of the model