Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

On 8/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, Poodabricks said:

I still can't believe they saw fit to use outdated box art though. It throws off the consistency of new releases. That box art represented one of the worse times in City sets. They need to change it. 

The box art isn't old. Its from right before city fully made city adventures themed sets. Since they are using the non-adventures box art, that means city will probably not have any more adventures-themed sets.

14 hours ago, Redbeard5637 said:

The box art isn't old. Its from right before city fully made city adventures themed sets. 

You mean it was used before 2020. The current box art is used on all 2020 and 2021 sets. Not just the adventures themed sets. The one that's on the re-released fire station is literally from 2019. I still don't think that Lego should've used 2018-2019 box art on a 2020s set. Say I've got OCD if you want, but it's just out of order to me - given that other sets with that same box art are being killed off soon. 

14 hours ago, Redbeard5637 said:

Since they are using the non-adventures box art, that means city will probably not have any more adventures-themed sets.

........and there were still characters that they haven't done for City yet. Like Buster or Fendrich. If 2022 is nothing but re-releases, I'm exiting the City fandom. That'll be kinda disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing new designs. 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 minute ago, Poodabricks said:

By out, I mean outdated. Like as in....its not used on the newer sets.

........and there were still characters that they haven't done for City yet. Like Buster or Fendrich. 

WRONG! :thumbdown:

Fendrich will appear in the advent calendar set

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

WRONG! :thumbdown:

Fendrich will appear in the advent calendar set

No need to rub it in dude. :pir-angry: I meant this version of him. He only appears disguised as Santa in the calendar. 

31 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

No need to rub it in dude. :pir-angry: I meant this version of him. He only appears disguised as Santa in the calendar. 

Woah!  Sorry just thought you didn't knew about this Fendrich coming soon in a set:look:

I hate the fact that some of the LCA minifigures have these different torsos, I HATED seeing Maddison (exclusive that just appeared in 60292) in a Martial Arts suit instead of her normal outfit :damn:

I hope we get a classic Fendrich in a 2022 City Square set(we will obviously get one) 

6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

@Powered by Bricks Didn't Madison come in the Main Square set? Along with Billy and his parents?

I don't know but the box says it includes those 6 minifigures so I always thought it wasn't Madison but a normal person 

The 60292 shows that Madison is included so maybe she's exclusive 

On 8/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

Woah!  Sorry just thought you didn't knew about this Fendrich coming soon in a set:look:

I hate the fact that some of the LCA minifigures have these different torsos, I HATED seeing Maddison (exclusive that just appeared in 60292) in a Martial Arts suit instead of her normal outfit :damn:

I hope we get a classic Fendrich in a 2022 City Square set(we will obviously get one) 

LCA?

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Lego City Adventures 

Ahhhhh ok! I was not sure if @Powered by Bricks was talking about LCA as in Lego Advent Calendar but it’s LAC tho. So I had no idea waht he was talking about until now you mentioend “Lego City Adventure”!

with 77943 and 77944 being not part of the typical city numbers, I wonder if it's meant to be something like a "Legacy" umbrella theme instead.

77943 including multiple things from multiple past sets could be fairly interesting to see where it'll lead.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

with 77943 and 77944 being not part of the typical city numbers, I wonder if it's meant to be something like a "Legacy" umbrella theme instead.

77943 including multiple things from multiple past sets could be fairly interesting to see where it'll lead.

Given that it has similar numbers to the Creator re-release, it probably does. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Given that it has similar numbers to the Creator re-release, it probably does. 

And Ninjago, I believe. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

On another note, who else is picking up some Stuntz sets?

Probably only the Rocket racer unless the other sets get discounts, currently are not worth €100 / €60 / €30 to me.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Probably only the Rocket racer unless the other sets get discounts, currently are not worth €100 / €60 / €30 to me.

I want those bikes. But I don't think they are really worth 8 bucks a piece. 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Why do we have 2 threads with the same discussion/theme? Makes no sense.

One was specific for 2021, this one kind of was a 2022 thread but renamed and turned more like Generic about unreleased sets and rumours.

As for the future, what I'd like to see is a seperate thread for reviews/videos, that was the main thing that annoyed me a bit about the 2021 thread.

Edited by TeriXeri

19 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Why do we have 2 threads with the same discussion/theme? Makes no sense.

It was the idea to make this thread more general. I mean, I really don’t understand why there are TWo threads at a time to read? There are a few unreleased sets readin this year while there is a leaked list of sets for future. It was kinda annoying and confusing for me to read both threads at same time. 

Not to mention - more confusing - having no idea where to post when there are two threads a time. 

19 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

One was specific for 2021, this one kind of was a 2022 thread but renamed and turned more like Generic about unreleased sets and rumours.

Yes that’s correct. This thread is now more general for City sets from now. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It was the idea to make this thread more general. I mean, I really don’t understand why there are TWo threads at a time to read? There are a few unreleased sets readin this year while there is a leaked list of sets for future. It was kinda annoying and confusing for me to read both threads at same time. 

Not to mention - more confusing - having no idea where to post when there are two threads a time. 

Yes that’s correct. This thread is now more general for City sets from now. 

And I don't understand these type of complaints. 2021 stuff should be in 2021 leaks thread (including not released Stuntz sets and others if they will be) and next 2022 wave in separated topic (fe. when you want to talk about upcoming stuff) - and I really don't get it what is incomprehensible with it. No offense DBlegonerd7. If you want to post other things you can always make a new topic. Period.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, Poodabricks said:

On another note, who else is picking up some Stuntz sets?

Definitley Rocket Racer set! I guess I will wait for discount on some Stuntz sets. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

So I'm assuming this has gone back to the 2022 thread. 

Yeah, I don’t know how easy this thread can be for every AFOL here tho.

Thanks @Powered by Bricks for changing the subject line.