Sign in to follow this  
Rubblemaker

MOC - INSTRUCTIONS - The Razor Crest (midi-plus scale)

A few months ago I made a Razor Crest moc. It was.. not very good. I've since been using Stud.io and one of the first goals I had was to re-design it, as I love the ship. It quickly turned from a re-design into a completely new, much larger moc. So here is my 1436 piece, 36cm long Razor Crest. I'm calling it midi-plus as to be honest, it's bigger than most midi scale models (it's as big as the UCS Snowspeeder).

The Razor Crest (midi-plus scale) - Instructions available

I used Hasbro's highly detailed Haslab Razor Crest model as reference material to try and get mine as proportionally accurate as possible. As it is too small for minifigs and there are too few transparent pieces at this scale to achieve the shape I was after, I made a trade off on the cockpit canopy and brick built it. I personally prefer dbg for this as, to me, the canopy looks dark grey in pictures, not black. So this is the closest impression of glass attainable for me. The engines are also fully brick built and (internally) probably one of the most complex constructions I've ever created. I've also created an angled stand for it which slots in and out of the underside and it comes with detachable landing gear and fully functional side and rear doors (with a mini Mando and Grogu inside)

If anyone is interested in building it, I've created instructions for it which you can find on Rebrickable here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-80727/Rubblemaker/the-razor-crest-midi-plus-scale/#details (full transparency, I'm asking for a small fee of 9GBP as it took a lot of work to create and make instructions for). Or, if you just want to look at more of it, the full album can be found on my Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157719481624086 or on Instagram: @rubblemaker_lego

Here it is next to the UCS Snowspeeder

Thanks for looking :)

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's pretty cool, it's very unique to have midiscale vibes but at almost 1500 parts. It looks to be around the same size as the official one, right?

Thanks. I don't have the official set but I'm pretty sure you're right, the set might be a few cm bigger. The proportions on the set are all over the place though. The cockpit on mine is 5 studs wide which is about right for this scale. I actually could have fit the canopy from the set onto it but it would look really weird, too high and too wide.