Snapshot

[MOD] Take two 10270 and shake, part 1 - the bookshop

Given how everyone complains that the individual buildings in the 10270 modular bookshop are too small, I was surprised I was unable to find anything similar to what I've done. The bookshop was relatively easy to build in double width but the house was more difficult.

This topic just covers the bookshop as it's quite photo-heavy.
As you can see, I've expanded it to the full 32 studs wide but keeping the original design as much as possible.

On the ground floor I used the extra space to put in conventional stairs up to the mezzanine and a door to separate it from the shop. There's a storage cupboard under the stairs. The un-tiled space on the right now contains an extra bookcase. I didn't do anything clever on the other two floor, just doubling up on the original design.

I needed a little extra over the two sets - the stairs, a few extra robot legs for the roof, an extra window or two and a load of profile bricks which I had left over from another project.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

Edited by Snapshot

And neither are notifications or I'd have got onto this earlier. They're fine in Firefox but not in Edge although the URLs are correct in Edge as right-clicking on one of the image markers, selecting 'Open image in new tab' shows the image. What browser are you using? I'll try editing my OP in Edge in the morning and we'll see what that does.

Edited by Snapshot

Images are working perfectly fine for me.

Really nice MOC - very well executed!  I particularly like the house - though I'd suggest making the front steps straight rather than curved if possible.

Thanks but it's a MOD, not a MOC, and the stairs are how they are in the source set. However you will get your wish when I upload the pictures of the house as there's a later version with an extra floor and without the curved steps.