Sign in to follow this  
Edmund Babbington

[COR- FB Class 2] Hornet

Hornet is a trading vessel built for short range.

A trading vessel built for short range inter-island exchange, the current owner of hornet wanted it to have an appropriate coating of paint before it began its maiden voyage.

image7image2

Here you can see it barely threading the needle between two islands. apparently the skipper thought they looked much wider apart than they actually were. 

islands 2

Interesting little vessel and I like the colour scheme and use of the yellow lattice pieces. The card in the back of the first two photos is a little distracting and it is hard to get an appreciation of ship. The last 'action' photo works much better and I like the posing of the minifigs! I hope the master doesn't get the ship beached before it can commence a trade run!!!

I like the rigging and sails. What material are the sails made out of? Is it a canvas or felt?

I got my kids those baseplates with the islands printed on them - they are pretty fun!

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

The card in the back of the first two photos is a little distracting and it is hard to get an appreciation of ship.

@Edmund Babbington I've found photography tutorials like this ( https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/get-better-photos-seamless-paper-background.html ) pretty handy in understanding the "infinity curve" method of bending a piece of paper behind the MOC. That way there is a seamless monotone background and people can focus on the subject.

@evancelt thank you I will have to take a look. photography is not something i know much about :) sorry its distracting.

also was trying to make the 13th cut off date so some rather bare bones posts. I was trying to add some minor story, roleplaying, other elements depending on how one thinks of it. did not just want cold bare bones posts but was a bit pressed for time.

i have a bolt of light canvas for making ship sails. I originally came upon this whole forum because I run a kind of miniatures pirate game invented by steve jackson of steve jackson games called evil Stevie's pirate game. id imagine others around here have played or at least heard of it as well :) So i have piles of ships. just they are built to the pretty standard designs of the original lego builds. I wanted to lean into the MOCs for fun and found this forum.