Sign in to follow this  
Anubis

Looking for old sets?

Yesterday, I walked into the market square where people were selling their old stuff; toys, furniture, clothing, lots of things. This sale happens every Saturday, and usually has nothing of interest.

But, yesterday, I found, under several other items on a table, 2 Lego sets: 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and 6280 Armada Flagship, both in the original box. I made a offer to the man, he sold both to me for 10 Franks. (They go for a couple hundred on the internet)

I just wanted to let people know that yard sales, markets, and used items stores can hold treasures sometimes, I encourage you to look for them!

I've picked up a number of sets that way myself. Sometimes you don't find anything for several weeks then hit the jackpot like you did!

Yesterday, I walked into the market square where people were selling their old stuff; toys, furniture, clothing, lots of things. This sale happens every Saturday, and usually has nothing of interest.

But, yesterday, I found, under several other items on a table, 2 Lego sets: 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and 6280 Armada Flagship, both in the original box. I made a offer to the man, he sold both to me for 10 Franks. (They go for a couple hundred on the internet)

I just wanted to let people know that yard sales, markets, and used items stores can hold treasures sometimes, I encourage you to look for them!

Great bargain, Anubis! :wub:

What is "Franks" related to €? Is it swiss?

Now that is a deal! :oh3:

I should check out some yard sales sometime... Just goes to show that sometimes you get lucky! :thumbup:

Francs are swiss. France used to have them before they changed to the Euro.

Nice find Anubis!

hm... its yard sale season, so ill have to check some out, but its never really anything good; just cothing and junk.

Great bargain, Anubis! :wub:

What is "Franks" related to €? Is it swiss?

Sorry, I spelled it wong- Franc- Swiss Franc, yes.