Sign in to follow this  
The_Tinkerer

[MOD] 42122 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 RC + Buwizz

I know others have already done this, but I rebuilt the Jeep with all wheel drive(no differentials) and better suspension. I use a Buwizz for power, though there is plenty of room for IR or a Sbrick or two. I rebuilt the roof rack and bumper, and added a snorkel. It runs well, though it is too heavy to drive on the snow that surrounds my area right now.

20210221_15133920210221_15124320210221_151358

Sadly I don't have the means to make a video, my phone can barely run the Buwizz app, let alone that and take video.

That's quite nice suspension travel for such a small vehicle. How many and what motors are used for propulsion? 

Maybe you can ask a friend or collegue to film while you drive? :wink:

Two L motors in the middle/back of the chassis, a buwizz above those(attached to the body), and a servo mounted on the front axle.

20210223_143124

20210223_143106

20210223_143047

I think dual L motors with a buwizz are the best power to weight without using buggy motors.

All the snow around here is melting, so I don't have anywhere outside to test it for a little while, though I will try to take a video indoors.

I converted the Jeep to traditional IR in order to make a small video. Sorry for the low quality, I have no better camera.