Sign in to follow this  
vaxlt

[MOC] LEGO Super Mario Question Block

This is my first ever MOC ever created.

I have to apologize for how simple and not very impressive it is compared to over work around here.

Lately, I have been trying to remember how great of a hobby LEGO used to be for me and hours spent into building various creations. I have been feeling a little down lately and decided to give it try again, its just a real shame there not a lot of places to show it off (or rather people to show it to around me) to anyone so decided to try luck here. I hope this does not violate any rules. 

Criticism welcome!

mario lamp-min.png

Just now, Lego-fire said:

Cool! Maybe cover the top with flats instead?

Good idea! 

Don't apologize for sharing something you created - looks great to me!  I agree that tiling the top will help it feel more finished.  It came out really well; Lego is such a natural medium for 8-bit creations!  :classic:

If you want to take it to the next level, you could consider having the block hinge open (or lift/slide out) to reveal some of the things that were in ? blocks (1-Up/regular Mushrooms, coins, Fire Power Flower, etc.) or characters or a scene/level from the game.

Nice build!  :classic:

On 1/24/2021 at 4:09 PM, vaxlt said:

I have to apologize for how simple and not very impressive it is compared to over work around here.

Given the pixel art of the Mario games, you could hardly have done better. I agree with the suggestion to tile the top of the cube. I know it's straight from the source, but the way the white question mark pops off the black shadow is wonderfully striking. Thanks for sharing and welcome to Eurobricks :classic: