TheBeeze

Custom Military Mods

Figured I should start a thread for this since I know there is quite the amount of people out there who do it. This is the place where you can show your custom mods you've done- whether painting, cutting, sculpting, gluing etc, for all things military related. 

This first example is my prototype skull crusher, anyone who has ever worn one in real life knows why it is called that. This was an early mounting system for nigh optic devices prior to any sort of helmet mounting gear. I have another version in the works, this was my first go. Used a minifigcat balaclava. 

49826382712_801f39ff71_z.jpgPrototype skullcrusher by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

49825530863_3c1981409a_z.jpgPrototype skullcrusher by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

That's cool! I would like to know if there is any low-cost, easy-to-implement technique or method for making a sniper ghillie.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:21 PM, ParmBrick said:

I would like to know if there is any low-cost, easy-to-implement technique or method for making a sniper ghillie.

Behold!

33129947632_ec8312ee03_z.jpgGreat Brick War Jungle by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

I sculpted the suit using a modeling putty you can find in most hoby shops. It is a 2 part plastic epoxy. You mix it, apply, shape it, let dry, then paint. The one I used is called milliput.

4 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Behold!

33129947632_ec8312ee03_z.jpgGreat Brick War Jungle by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

I sculpted the suit using a modeling putty you can find in most hoby shops. It is a 2 part plastic epoxy. You mix it, apply, shape it, let dry, then paint. The one I used is called milliput.

Very interesting, looking very promising! As soon as they ease the lockdown in my country, and reopen the stores, I will try to find these materials.

Hi all. 

Back when it was a thing, I used to be a fairly active member on the Brickarms forums. Sadly, that place died a death, I guess. But, some of us still live on and continue to mod. Here are some of the weapons I've recently done up:

MKG

I call this first one the MKG. Like the weapon in Far Cry 3 (from which I took the name) this gun started out in life as an M249 SAW. I gave it a PKM stock, Surefire casket mag, night vision optic, and a muzzle brake.

QBZ Spec Ops

This here is a QBZ-style of rifle, fitted with a marksman scope, M203 grenade launcher, and suppressor. 

M82 Breacher

This is the pinnacle in squad support weaponry: The M107 Breacher Edition. Full-auto, and fitted with a CQB length barrel, AN/PEQ laser, vertical foregrip, Eotech holosight, and of course, an M249 belt box. An alternate name for this could be the M107 Cheatsie Doodles. 

Penecheg

This is my attempt at the bullpupped PKP Pecheneg from Rainbow Six Siege (called the 6P41 in-game.) I gave mine a M4 stock, M4 carry handle. and the trigger guard from a Steyr AUG. 

Buck C8-SFW

I tried my hand at making an M26 MASS shotgun. Whatchu think? Here it is, mounted to Buck's C8-SFW. I originally attempted to make the iconic breaching muzzle on the actual shotgun, but it was waaay too fragile. 

Dillon M60

Last, but certainly not least, we have Dillon showing off his new M60 GPMG. It has been fitted with a folding skeletonized stock, M145 MGO scope, vertical foregrip, and an AN/PEQ laser. 

C&C appreciated!

Cheers!