Sign in to follow this  
Miragent

BMW 42063 mod disappearing

Greetings.

There used to be on Rebrickable a beautiful mod for the 42063 BMW motorbike.

It was a heavy mod, to the point you could call it a moc which used a lot of 42063 parts. It was featuring some nice Snot techniques and had an overall nice and realistic look, while not derailing completely from the original 42063-a model.

Well for some reason this mod/moc has disappeared.

I couldn't find it anywhere, then I accidentally found the attached picture.

I think the mod/moc was "stolen" and some Lepin or similar brand is now selling it.

I am against this. I would like to find the original creator of the moc and pay for the instructions or ldd file, buy the original Lego parts and build it.

The colors in the picture are also totally wrong so even if I accepted to buy the counterfeit and "reverse-engineered" it, I would probably not be able to get the right colours anyway, not to mention Lepin or similar producer probably put some mistakes/modifications of its own into the model, ruining it even more.

So,

if any of you has the instructions of the original mod/moc of this, or the ldd file, or is/knows the creator, or has any information about it, please let me know in the discussion or in private.

Thank you very much

Miragent

images.jpeg

Edited by Miragent
typos

9 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Try WebArchive, you never know

Also you can reverse image search with tineye or google images

I can't say for certain that every result will be genuine LEGO however

I tried webarchive but I couldn't use it like it's supposed to. Not sure if it's my fault, if you can use it better than me, the mod/moc was present this summer.

Reverse image doesn't work because Lepin has conpletely changed the colours so I keep getting the same counterfeit model and real life bikes.

Maybe the creator was angry at his model being stolen and removed it. It was there this summer. Apparently it has disappeared completely from the internet.

If someone can go back in time using those archive sites or somehow has the instruction, or ldd or even a picture, it would help. The mod/moc was in Blue and Black like the original 42063 and it was damn brilliant work.

Edited by Miragent