Hinckley

FABUpunk! Mafia II–Day Two, This Is Insanity

050.jpg

Vote tally

Marlowe Monkey: 1 (Holbrook Horse)
Franczeska Fox: 1 (Bartosz Bulldog)

Non-voters: 12 (Benicia Bear, Bixby Bunny, Corrina Cow, Emeric Elephant, Franczeska Fox, Gilford Goat, Hyacinth Hippo, Leatrix Lamb, Marlowe Monkey, Parvani Poodle, Rutherford Raccoon, Shainen Sheepdog)

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently nobody will be lynched. 24 hours remain in Day One.

17 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Vote: Marlowe Monkey

38 minutes ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Vote: Franczeska Fox

3 hours ago, Marlowe Monkey said:

You having a dream? A giant hand in the sky means you will be given a helping hand by someone in your life. 

I hope the person who helps me sees what I see. You know what I see?

2 hours ago, Bixby Bunny said:

Yeah, I can't see the trickster WANTING to get caught. One has to assume their win condition involves staying alive, at least to a certain point. 

Which is why I said it's probably tupid idea. I just think it was something worth noting.

2 hours ago, Rutherford Raccoon said:

Methinks the lady thought herself clever but was too hasty. It is a clever idea and a clever proposition– but executed too quickly and without enough subtlety.

It was apparently too subtle for you, but not Marlowe, who immediately took my point and responded. I wasn't actually making any accusation or I would have done so by name, I'm just trying to understand how the trickster might choose to work so we can catch them. I provided what I considered a good example and have also made it clear that there may be other ways for them to hide.

Then she immediately talks about suspecting me without any baffling- as if my "suspectability" was more than Marlow's. She does not commit herself quite as hard as does the elephant - but I feel there's a very deliberate Corinne/Emmerich/ response Corinne in this conversation.

I think you are slightly more suspicious than Marlowe, mostly because I find the 'successful' part of your situation to be illogical.

Just because two people come to similar conclusions and voice suspicion about you, doesn't mean they're plotting against you. If no one ever agrees on anything, we're never going to find and defeat the scum or the trickster.

14 hours ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

With regards to the Shainen Sheepdog pileup, I'd be curious to hear if the results were consistently reported. Rutherford claims to have gotten a successful result and was informed he was role-stopped, whereas Marblow Monkey claims to have been unsuccessful in blocking.

11 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

I think you are slightly more suspicious than Marlowe, mostly because I find the 'successful' part of your situation to be illogical.

The results seem consistent to meeeeeeee. Marlowe blocks himself by trying to block the mirror, hence the unsucceeeeeeeessful result. Rutherford is appaaaaaaaarently told he successfully rolestopped himself, which should haaaaappen if the action is deflected onto himseeeeeelf. Considering Rutherford's comaaaaaaaa, I assume his target was randomly seleeeeeeected, but I still can't wrap my head around to how Maaaaaaarlowe selected his target. As I saaaaiiiid earlier, you don't block someone based on gut-feeeeeeeeling.

I agree with Bartosz's analysis of the night-action results, but baby dragon haters could be hiding everywheeeere: behind unsuccessful investigative actions, knowing they switched those off, or behind successful proteeeeeeections of animals that weren't kiiiiiilled at night. We should deeeeeefinitely revisit the analysis tomorrow morning though. Since there are no inconsistent night-action claaaaaaiiiims, I think we should look at daaaaaaaaytime contributions. In that respeeeeeect, we're not really maaaaaking the most of the extra time in the daaaaaay, are we? :look: I see the same animals as yesterdaaaaay laying low. I have hardly heard any useful contributions from Bixby, Emeric, Franczeska, Hyacinth and Shainen today. I am going to stick with my vote from yesterdaaaaaay and

Vote: Hyacinth Hippo

She still seems stuck on the saaaaaaame fence as yesterday and her baby dragon baaaaaaaaath claim, although I don't expect it to be a lie, screeeeeaaaaaams "confirm me as an emancipator" to meeeeeee.

It is strange to be at this point in a day and have so few votes cast. 

Something about Gilford feels off, but I can't pinpoint it.  He is acting like he wants to be lynched.

Did he at any point actually say or claim to have been the vig?  He admitted to killing Mobley, but was happy for everyone to just assume he was the vig, and to forgive him for his actions because it was a compulsory vig action.

Having the vig action doesn't make him town.  He had the same chance as any of us in being given that role.  The thing that counters him being scum is that he was supposedly switched with Caladon, suggesting that scum had targeted Caladon, but ended up killing Gilford instead.

If scum were given the vig (Gilford) and the bus driver (Parvani), then the bus driver could have switched Person X and Caladon, then scum killer targeted Person X with the scum kill (knowing it would kill Caladon instead) and then claimed  to have swapped Caladon and Gilford to make him look like he was the scum target.  If for whatever reason the bus driver was unsuccessful, Person X would have been killed.  Either way, scum get a town (or trickster) kill and the opportunity to make one of their own look like a scum target.  Both Parvani and Caladon made their claims after quite a few of the others had been made already, suggesting they were seeing how things fell before they claimed.  I don't think Frankie necessarily needs to be scum for this to have been pulled off.

There's a few ifs there, but I'm not prepared to just accept Gilford as town just yet.  But if he is scum, then Parvani is too.

Going back to my original point about him acting like he wants to be lynched.  I thought that maybe he is just acting somewhat scummy so that he can attract attention tonight and absorb anything that targeted at him?  If he is the trickster, then he had the ability to hand himself a role, which would make the trickster role very powerful. I don't see this happening.  Doesn't mean it can't, it just not likely in my view.

We, we never had a claim of Encryptor, Virgin or Hooker.  Or the three day roles that were on the list for Day 1.  It seems likely that 15 roles were handed out - the 13 compulsory ones plus the 2 baby dragon ones.  So, 16 players with what looks like 15 roles handed out.  That suggests to me that the trickster probably isn't able to give out more than one role to each player and they didn't give one to themselves.

Notwithstanding my views above, I am going to

Vote: Rutherford Raccoon

This post from Corrina prompted me to go back and look at the claims again:

15 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

I never noticed the gray thing, but a better reason to suspect him is that he has claimed a role that was unsuccessful, but it's being reported as successful. I refuse to accept that a rolestopper who was mirrored would return a successful result. It's a paradox when applied to that role. Still, that's just unnecessary confusion. The real point is that he could easily be lying about it, assuming Caladon's unknown role (that only the trickster would know) and applying a convenient excuse for it not to show results (using the mirror that only the trickster would know). It's just one more possibility to consider.

I can see how a role stopper would get a succesfull result if the person they targeted had a mirror  The rolestopper targets a person and prevents other night actions from targeting that person.  So, it doesn't impact the mirror per se, but rather the roles trying to target the person who holds the mirror.  So, I believe he could have been successful in stopping other roles, such as Marlowe from targetting me with his block.  So, Marlowe would have gotten an unsuccessful in his attempt - from either my mirror (more likely) or as a result of the rolestop (if this actually happened).

I think Rutherford is lying about using the rolestopper because he claimed that the result he got back was that he rolestopped himself. 

On 8/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, Rutherford Raccoon said:

A few moments reflection does wonders! Last night I roll stopped myself after targeting Shainon!

I don't believe that is how the rolestopper would work - my understanding is that he would have been successful in stopping other roles from targetting me, rather than having it mirrored back on himself.  Which I think is the point Corrina was making.

The fact that he was one of the last to claim and that it came after Bixby pointed out that this was pretty much the only one left.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, Bixby Bunny said:

Looks like Caladon probably had the rolestopper. It's not obvious who he would have used it on. We had a bunch of unsuccessful people, but all would be explained by the scum turning off investigative roles. So probably Caladon targeted one of them and his role was useless. His action would have gone thru before he was killed, correct? 

I think he saw that and decided it would be a good option to claim because he would stand out if he didn't have a role.  But he didn't actually have this role, so made something up about the result he supposedly received.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, Rutherford Raccoon said:

With the coming of the the crepuscular hours, I held the task of compulsive rules stopper where I could Shield one fellow from any Targeting - with the coming of the Dawn I find my mind heavy and unable to remember, as if a New Soul looked out these eyes. But perhaps when my p.m. comes I shall remember. Till then I shall read and refresh my memory.

I noticed the grey as well, but dismissed it at the time as I didn't think the trickster would give themselves up that easily. Now I'm wondering if that is what he wanted us to think.

If he is the trickster, then we potentially have the issue of not having any roles handed to us for Day 3 if we lynch him today.  We're not privy to what will happen in this scenario.  Either way, we will the results from Night 2 to work with.

I agree with Shainen.

Vote: Rutherford Raccoon

If Rutherford is the trickster, sure we lose access to roles, but I'd almost rather we have no roles and get to old fashioned sleuthing than the mess the Trickster gets us into.

3 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

She still seems stuck on the saaaaaaame fence as yesterday and her baby dragon baaaaaaaaath claim, although I don't expect it to be a lie, screeeeeaaaaaams "confirm me as an emancipator" to meeeeeee.

Greatest of respects, but I thought that the purpose of a townie is to be confirmed as town and not leave suspicions of doubt around them in the later days. I can’t understand why you find that suspicious but what I do know is that I’m going to target you to give a bath to a baby dragon tonight. 

As for Rutherford, I think lynching him might be the way to go. Like Emeric said, we’d lose access to our roles, but perhaps it might be better than a compulsory vig and other actions that don’t necessarily help the town. 

Ouch! Another piece of gardening equipment! Please, take better care. 

I don't the trickster would want to out themselves or consequently try to even hint at who they are. But I do find the choice of highlighted grey text a little odd. Particularly since the grey text isn't that noteworthy or has any reason to be in bold.

The rolestopper prevents all actions from affecting the target. If the rolestopper targets the mirror then action is deflected and the rolestopper will be immune to any night actions. This happened last night the Rutherford. So technically, the action of the rolestopper targeting the mirror was unsuccessful. 

Vote: Rutherford Racoon

5 minutes ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Greatest of respects, but I thought that the purpose of a townie is to be confirmed as town and not leave suspicions of doubt around them in the later days. I can’t understand why you find that suspicious but what I do know is that I’m going to target you to give a bath to a baby dragon tonight. 

My point is that is doesn't confiiiiiiiirm you as an emaaaaaancipator, because the baby dragon haaaaaaters also get to use roles the trickster gives out. Outing your role todaaaaaay is only helping the baby dragon haaaaaaters. I or anyone else you taaaaarget would confirm giving a baby dragon a baaaaath in the morning. No need to know in advaaaaaance.

You're forgeeeeeeeting the constant fence-sitting I mentioned alreeeeaaaaady yesterdaaaaaay. It must hurt.

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH

EVERYBODY'S TALKING ABOUT HOW NOBODYS TALKING

On 8/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, Corrina Cow said:

With this talk of the Trickster, here is something to consider. I can only come up with two ways for them to hide, either claim a role they didn't assign or the role of someone who died. We don't know what role Caladon had, but I will bet the Trickster is hiding behind it. They could claim they failed and back it up with a reasonable excuse, like saying they targeted someone who ended up being a Mirror. Since they know who they gave the Mirror role to, that person would appear to back up their claim by confirming that they had it. Wouldn't that be convincing?

18 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

I never noticed the gray thing, but a better reason to suspect him is that he has claimed a role that was unsuccessful, but it's being reported as successful. I refuse to accept that a rolestopper who was mirrored would return a successful result. It's a paradox when applied to that role.

YOUR THEORIES are interesting and make sense. Genuine question, though, how should it have been reported with a rolestopper targeting a mirror? No salt, I'm just asking because I'd assumed it would work how the trash panda reported it, so if it doesn't then that's a new perspective for me. Kinda feel bad about the whole "leather" thing now.

17 hours ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

My short list of suspects is as follows, red indicates a stronger feeling on my part, and yellow indicates a more neutral suspicion:

IT'S ODD YOU have this list of people you suspect based on their roles but you don't include Leatrix and her unsuccessful watching, Hyacinth and her weird normalizing of Corrina (BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO WASTE IT), and Marlowe and Rutherford's apparently mirror reflected roles (and let's not forget your unsuccessful tracking) yet you somehow include me for claiming the role everyone said should be claimed. :wacko: BORF yourself :hmpf:

1 hour ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

Did he at any point actually say or claim to have been the vig?  He admitted to killing Mobley, but was happy for everyone to just assume he was the vig, and to forgive him for his actions because it was a compulsory vig action.

Having the vig action doesn't make him town.  He had the same chance as any of us in being given that role.

TO SPEAK TO YOUR first point, Mobley was apparently role-watched by Franczeska who saw Mobley having the vig kill action used on him, indicating that the kill Gilford confessed to was indeed the vig kill, but yes I agree with your second point that just having the vig role doesn't make him town, and that on balance he is more likely to be due to the bus driving poodle. 

f scum were given the vig (Gilford) and the bus driver (Parvani), then the bus driver could have switched Person X and Caladon, then scum killer targeted Person X with the scum kill (knowing it would kill Caladon instead) and then claimed  to have swapped Caladon and Gilford to make him look like he was the scum target.  If for whatever reason the bus driver was unsuccessful, Person X would have been killed.  Either way, scum get a town (or trickster) kill and the opportunity to make one of their own look like a scum target.  Both Parvani and Caladon made their claims after quite a few of the others had been made already, suggesting they were seeing how things fell before they claimed.  I don't think Frankie necessarily needs to be scum for this to have been pulled off.

I CAN VERY MUCH see the logic in this, or at least most of it until the names got a bit screwy. I assume you mean "Both Parvani and Gilford made their claims...." and by Frankie you mean Franczeska I didn't get that straight away.

We, we never had a claim of Encryptor, Virgin or Hooker.  Or the three day roles that were on the list for Day 1.  It seems likely that 15 roles were handed out - the 13 compulsory ones plus the 2 baby dragon ones.  So, 16 players with what looks like 15 roles handed out.  That suggests to me that the trickster probably isn't able to give out more than one role to each player and they didn't give one to themselves.

AN INTERESTING ADDITION to Corrina's theories and certainly food for thought. 

On 8/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Greetings everyone! I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. I'm presuming we can come out with our night actions, since other people did yesterday. I am the Baby Dwagon Baf tonight, meaning I can force someone to give a dragon a bath. It's not particularly useful, although I do love the action.

I'm not encouraging other people to claim at this point, though. I'm claiming now so the scum or Trickster can't come out tomorrow or another time and claim that they've got this role. Ouch! I knocked my head. :cry_sad:

WHY OH WHY OH WHY ARE YOU CLAIMING? WHAT POSSIBLE reason do you have? You want to make sure EVERYONE knows you have some harmless action, and it's apparently so the scum and the trickster can't claim it? Why not just PM someone you trust at the beginning of the night? Do you really think you might die and your claim will die with you? I think this is possibly the least helpful way of appearing helpful I have seen. I claimed yesterday because I was given the role after a bunch of people said the falsifier should claim. Claiming the way you are is either selfish or disingenuous. 

1 minute ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

NO, THE PURPOSE of a townie is to eliminate all the threats to town, not hop about trying to be the towniest of town. Only scum need to worry about looking town.  I think this hippo has a concussion.

1 minute ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Like Emeric said, we’d lose access to our roles, but perhaps it might be better than a compulsory vig and other actions that don’t necessarily help the town.

WHAT IS ALL this stuff about losing actions? Why are you all so certain about that when I thought that was discussed before all this and declared to not be a thing? :wacko: 

I REALLY AM torn between wanting to vote for Hyacinth for her scumminess and her hippety hoppety fippety floppety, and also wanting to vote for Rutherford as there's been a good case made that he's the trickster. TO MY knowledge I've not seen the trickster try to kill anyone yet, so for now I'm going to vote for Hyacinth but I think a lynch of either would be helpful to us. If my vote is needed on Rutherfod, then I'll happily switch, but I won't be around for the very end of the day. :sceptic: 

VOTE: HYACINTH HIPPO

Vote tally

Hyacinth Hippo: 2 (Leatrix Lamb, Benicia Bear)
Rutherford Raccoon: 4 (Shainen Sheepdog, Emeric Elephant, Hyacinth Hippo, Marlowe Monkey)

Non-voters: 6 (Bixby Bunny, Corrina Cow, Franczeska Fox, Gilford Goat, Parvani Poodle, Rutherford Raccoon)

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently nobody will be lynched. 6 hours remain in Day One. Mod note: I will not be around in six hours to end the Day. Today is my Mom's 70t birthday! Please stop posting and start sending Night Actions in 6 hours from the timestamp on this post.

I have a couple of other important mod notes to make, but will need to wait until I'm at my Mom's. I have to get on the road five minutes ago.

8 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

7 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

5 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

5 hours ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

5 hours ago, Marlowe Monkey said:

Vote: Rutherford Racoon

5 hours ago, Benicia Bear said:

Mod not: Apologies to everyone, I did make a mistake with Night Action result reporting from last night and have issued corrections where necessary.

4 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

Something about Gilford feels off, but I can't pinpoint it.  He is acting like he wants to be lynched.

I have noticed that and don't know what to make of it. So far, I'm attributing it to his style of communication and not scumminess.

The fact that he was one of the last to claim and that it came after Bixby pointed out that this was pretty much the only one left.

I think he saw that and decided it would be a good option to claim because he would stand out if he didn't have a role.  But he didn't actually have this role, so made something up about the result he supposedly received.

I'm still confused by what result he should have gotten and how he reported it. I may be thinking too literally, but if your entire role is to roleblock and it is reflected back on you, you can't both use and not use it at the same time, so to me that is unsuccessful. Schrodinger's Roleblock, so to speak.

I noticed the grey as well, but dismissed it at the time as I didn't think the trickster would give themselves up that easily. Now I'm wondering if that is what he wanted us to think.

When it was pointed out and I looked back, it made me think he was making an aside comment, something out of character to indicate a situation that wouldn't happen within our reality. It's a slightly odd choice of methods, but I can accept it. Now that you phrase it the way you do, it makes me wonder if his intent was to appear to be doing exactly that, giving a subtle "see, I'm real, I have a pm and everything!" message.

I think that's enough convincing for me. Where there is smoke, there's fire. You're fired! Er. Burn the witch!

2 hours ago, Benicia Bear said:

YOUR THEORIES are interesting and make sense. Genuine question, though, how should it have been reported with a rolestopper targeting a mirror? No salt, I'm just asking because I'd assumed it would work how the trash panda reported it, so if it doesn't then that's a new perspective for me. Kinda feel bad about the whole "leather" thing now.

I still think it would either be unsuccessful or some kind of "results unclear" since it falls into such an odd situation.

Don't feel bad about the leather, dear, it isn't cow leather. I know cow leather, I'm always wearing it. Haven't you noticed that the crew of this ship recycles everything? There are lots of kinds of leather. That's crocodile. I won't mention where it probably came from, but there's a different thing for you to feel bad about. :sceptic:

It seems that I was, in fact, both successful and unsuccessful though primarily unsuccessful.

My suspicions seem even more confirmed. My last post was a full Salvo, a hard hit - which traditionally means a full strike in response. Was there any such thing? Hardly and one response there is lines up against perfectly against my suspicions.

19 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I hope the person who helps me sees what I see. You know what I see?

Which is why I said it's probably tupid idea. I just think it was something worth noting.

Look how He Folds like a leaf. I accused him and he instantly backs off.

18 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

It was apparently too subtle for you, but not Marlowe, who immediately took my point and responded. I wasn't actually making any accusation or I would have done so by name, I'm just trying to understand how the trickster might choose to work so we can catch them. I provided what I considered a good example and have also made it clear that there may be other ways for them to hide.

Just because two people come to similar conclusions and voice suspicion about you, doesn't mean they're plotting against you. If no one ever agrees on anything, we're never going to find and defeat the scum or the trickster.

Karina does as well with her, "doesn't mean they're plotting against you". She defends herself a little but, still she draws back as if her plan had been pointed out.

Again, this echoes their earlier interaction - Karina the older scum leading the way, emmerich the Newbie following in her steps.

5 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

Notwithstanding my views above, I am going to

This post from Corrina prompted me to go back and look at the claims again:

I can see how a role stopper would get a succesfull result if the person they targeted had a mirror  The rolestopper targets a person and prevents other night actions from targeting that person.  So, it doesn't impact the mirror per se, but rather the roles trying to target the person who holds the mirror.  So, I believe he could have been successful in stopping other roles, such as Marlowe from targetting me with his block.  So, Marlowe would have gotten an unsuccessful in his attempt - from either my mirror (more likely) or as a result of the rolestop (if this actually happened).

I think Rutherford is lying about using the rolestopper because he claimed that the result he got back was that he rolestopped himself. 

I don't believe that is how the rolestopper would work - my understanding is that he would have been successful in stopping other roles from targetting me, rather than having it mirrored back on himself.  Which I think is the point Corrina was making.

If he is the trickster, then we potentially have the issue of not having any roles handed to us for Day 3 if we lynch him today.  We're not privy to what will happen in this scenario.  Either way, we will the results from Night 2 to work with.

To address your points in order;

1. It turns out that I was indeed unsuccessful. Karina, was mechanically correct, and I responded what I had been told.
  2.  I was one of the last to claim because I was one of the last to join. I literally couldn't have claimed sooner if I wanted to.
  3. I was leaning into the role playing, and didn't want to spoil it with references to p.m.
  4. I am not the trickster.
3 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I agree with Shainen.

If Rutherford is the trickster, sure we lose access to roles, but I'd almost rather we have no roles and get to old fashioned sleuthing than the mess the Trickster gets us into.

Ah, sweet Emerich sails in at last! Notice that he does not cite Karina now. He quickly switches over to the more reasonable Shannon.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Marlowe Monkey said:

I don't the trickster would want to out themselves or consequently try to even hint at who they are. But I do find the choice of highlighted grey text a little odd. Particularly since the grey text isn't that noteworthy or has any reason to be in bold.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, Rutherford Raccoon said:

But perhaps when my p.m. comes I shall remember.

Now here is an interesting mistake. Marlo specifies "has any reason to be in bold.". But there is no Bolding.

Vote Emmerich Elephant

Baby dragon haters rarely talk too much in public. I still reasonably suspect Karina, however this last post of Emerick's smacks of noob scum trying to hitch onto someone else's wagon. If the votes get in Hyacinth gain momentum I will consider switching, I respect the case against her.

Reminder: voting is mandatory. You have 80 minutes until the Day ends. 

I CAN VERY MUCH see the logic in this, or at least most of it until the names got a bit screwy. I assume you mean "Both Parvani and Gilford made their claims...." and by Frankie you mean Franczeska I didn't get that straight away.

Sorry.  I did mean Parvani and Gilford.  And Frankie is the fox - I kept misspelling Franczeska, so I gave her a new name.

It seems that I was, in fact, both successful and unsuccessful though primarily unsuccessful.

I think that pretty much undoes my analysis, but I don't have time to think it through before voting closes.

Unvote: Rutherford Raccoon

Because Benicia puts forward a good case and I feel Benicia is town.  I don't feel strongly enough about the case for GIlford.  And we have to vote.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY ARE YOU CLAIMING? WHAT POSSIBLE reason do you have? You want to make sure EVERYONE knows you have some harmless action, and it's apparently so the scum and the trickster can't claim it? Why not just PM someone you trust at the beginning of the night? Do you really think you might die and your claim will die with you? I think this is possibly the least helpful way of appearing helpful I have seen. I claimed yesterday because I was given the role after a bunch of people said the falsifier should claim. Claiming the way you are is either selfish or disingenuous. 

NO, THE PURPOSE of a townie is to eliminate all the threats to town, not hop about trying to be the towniest of town. Only scum need to worry about looking town.  I think this hippo has a concussion.

WHAT IS ALL this stuff about losing actions? Why are you all so certain about that when I thought that was discussed before all this and declared to not be a thing? :wacko: 

I REALLY AM torn between wanting to vote for Hyacinth for her scumminess and her hippety hoppety fippety floppety, and also wanting to vote for Rutherford as there's been a good case made that he's the trickster. TO MY knowledge I've not seen the trickster try to kill anyone yet, so for now I'm going to vote for Hyacinth but I think a lynch of either would be helpful to us. If my vote is needed on Rutherfod, then I'll happily switch, but I won't be around for the very end of the day. :sceptic: 

To address your points in order;

1. It turns out that I was indeed unsuccessful. Karina, was mechanically correct, and I responded what I had been told.
  2.  I was one of the last to claim because I was one of the last to join. I literally couldn't have claimed sooner if I wanted to.
  3. I was leaning into the role playing, and didn't want to spoil it with references to p.m.
  4. I am not the trickster.

So I was right about the points I made (#'s 1 and 3), you were unsuccessful and you were trying to stay in character. I would doubt the sudden unsuccessful claim if it wasn't for the very late insertion of a vague but obvious clarification by the host. :laugh: I'm still not sure about #4 and since we're required to vote and no lynch could possibly happen at this point, I'll just leave it where it is. I do have some other suspicions, but they are no more or less than this one and I will be sending those to a few people tonight, the very few I am beginning to feel we can trust.

32 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Reminder: voting is mandatory. You have 80 minutes until the Day ends. 

I hope with all these visits on such an important day, that you're planning to bring us cake. Mmmm, cake. :wub_drool: Happy birthday, Mom!

11 minutes ago, Gilford Goat said:

I'm scared can someone hold my hand and shoo away all the monsters thaaaanks. :wub:

I'll wrap an arm around you, my friend! Can I claim friendship to anyone better than to you?  No!

Caliginous Shadows wrap around us now... I feel it trembling.

See you on the morrow.

10 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

The results seem consistent to meeeeeeee. Marlowe blocks himself by trying to block the mirror, hence the unsucceeeeeeeessful result. Rutherford is appaaaaaaaarently told he successfully rolestopped himself, which should haaaaappen if the action is deflected onto himseeeeeelf. Considering Rutherford's comaaaaaaaa, I assume his target was randomly seleeeeeeected, but I still can't wrap my head around to how Maaaaaaarlowe selected his target. As I saaaaiiiid earlier, you don't block someone based on gut-feeeeeeeeling.

You seem determined to beat up Marlowe here.... but what else is someone supposed to do when they have a compulsive block action on NIGHT ONE? A gut feeling is literally all they have to go on. 

Since the case against Rutherford fell apart, I'm going to 

Vote: Leatrix Lamb 

since your logic there is quite flawed. It's giving me a gut feeling. And voting is mandatory. 

10 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

I see the same animals as yesterdaaaaay laying low. I have hardly heard any useful contributions from Bixby, Emeric, Franczeska, Hyacinth and Shainen today. I am going to stick with my vote from

Oh yeah... why didn't you include yourself in that list? You (at the time of that post) had been as quiet as the rest of your list... 

Final vote tally

Hyacinth Hippo: 2 (Leatrix Lamb, Benicia Bear, Shainen Sheepdog)
Rutherford Raccoon: 5 (Emeric Elephant, Hyacinth Hippo, Marlowe Monkey, Corrina Cow)
Emeric Elephant: 1 (Rutherford Raccoon)
Shainen Sheepdog: 1 (Gilford Goat)
Leatrix Lamb: 1 (Bixby Bunny) *This vote appears to have been made after the end of the Day.

Non-voters: 2 (Franczeska Fox, Parvani Poodle)

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to achieve a lynch. Day Two end with nobody being lynched. Get your Night Actions in. There is a strict 24 hour deadline for Night Actions which began 97 minutes before the timestamp on this post.

6 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

5 hours ago, Rutherford Raccoon said:

Vote Emmerich Elephant

3 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

Unvote: Rutherford Raccoon

2 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

Vote: Shainen Sheepdog

1 hour ago, Bixby Bunny said:

Vote: Leatrix Lamb