Hinckley

FABUpunk! Mafia II–Day One, That One Guy is Dead

1 hour ago, Franczeska Fox said:

Logicall breakdownz for sure butt if we claim all the tameee *hic* things thenn don't we givve the scum a smaller rangee to *hic* pick from for theeir faction kill?

I feel between 1,2,4,5 and 7 it would be risky for the scum to kill without being targeted by someone. The Bus Driver and Rolestopper should probably claim who they plan to target tonight in order to cause the least chaos. I don't know about the rolestopper targeting the bus driver since that wouldn't actually stop the Bus Driver it would just mean no one could target them. I think it might be worth having the rolestopper target someone from 1-7. 

5 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

oh. i had better consult the big book of fun things to do to work out half of those things! 
but since we all will have something, surely everyone claims? are there any roles there that absolutely shouldn’t?

All the high-value actions at the top of the list *huh* Did you even consult the big book?

5 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

17, 18, and 19 should all probably be claimed. 14 can be claimed so we'll know whether or not scum have it. 16 should be claimed IMO and not used if possible. And yeah 11 should be claimed so we can decide which action should be falsified, or if any at all depending on the options available. I wonder how 12 works. Because if the Falsifier is compulsive and their options are all roles we want to keep then hopefully the normalizer can easily normalize them by sending in the role name and not need a player name in order for it to work.

What about the bus driver?

1 thru 7 and 13 should not be claimed.

8, 9, 10 should maybe be claimed in order to cause the least damage. The mirror is only a problem for a town vig.

Loved, hated & priest, being day modifiers, can't mess with the night so there's no harm I think in revealing who has what.

2 hours ago, Franczeska Fox said:

Logicall breakdownz for sure butt if we claim all the tameee *hic* things thenn don't we givve the scum a smaller rangee to *hic* pick from for theeir faction kill?

Very true! But it looks like the trickster assigns at least 13 and at most 21 roles for tonight - so even if someone has something like falsifier and announces that to us today, they might also have a more useful role as well.

But don't forget this:

15 hours ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Scum get a Switch (the switch blocks one type of role, active (Blocker, Vigilante, Protector), informative (Tracker, Watcher, Investigator, Voyeur), manipulative (Mirror, Bus Driver, Rolestopper)

Right off the bat the scum get a free "block" on at least 3 roles - and the kill would let them shut someone else up for good. I tend to think that aside from the Falsifier (definitely anti-town) and Encryptor (also anti-town because it only seems to help scum) we should keep whatever actions & roles we're assigned quiet until the morning so the baby-dragon-haters don't get any more information than they need. We can untangle it all in the morning, right?

7 minutes ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Right off the bat the scum get a free "block" on at least 3 roles - and the kill would let them shut someone else up for good. I tend to think that aside from the Falsifier (definitely anti-town) and Encryptor (also anti-town because it only seems to help scum) we should keep whatever actions & roles we're assigned quiet until the morning so the baby-dragon-haters don't get any more information than they need. We can untangle it all in the morning, right?

I agree. The last game was all about being open and sharting. This one, at least for today, will be all about secrecy.

37 minutes ago, Holbrook Horse said:

But don't forget this:

How does knowing who has what role, especially considering most roles have to be handed out by the trickster, relevant for the scum? They don't have to block a particular animal at night, they can simply switch off a category of roles.

29 minutes ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I agree. The last game was all about being open and sharting. This one, at least for today, will be all about secrecy.

You love a bit of secrecy don't you? I feel so liberated now that I'm away from those pesky brats. I'd love some of that big trunk tonight.

12 minutes ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

You love a bit of secrecy don't you? I feel so liberated now that I'm away from those pesky brats. I'd love some of that big trunk tonight.

Only if you can keep me safe. I'm pretty sure something is out there at night. Something has been following me recently. I don't know what though.

18 minutes ago, Emeric Elephant said:

Only if you can keep me safe. I'm pretty sure something is out there at night. Something has been following me recently. I don't know what though.

Has it been in your dreams? Something fooooollooowing you in your dreams could be a sign you have a secret admirer. 

7 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

oh. i had better consult the big book of fun things to do to work out half of those things! 
but since we all will have something, surely everyone claims? are there any roles there that absolutely shouldn’t?

I don't think it needs to be said that this is a bit of a daft play. Borf. Claiming the next day? Yes. Claiming the day they get the roles? Definitely not. Only a few if any should claim aside from the Falsifier and Encryptor. 

6 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

17, 18, and 19 should all probably be claimed. 14 can be claimed so we'll know whether or not scum have it. 16 should be claimed IMO and not used if possible. And yeah 11 should be claimed so we can decide which action should be falsified, or if any at all depending on the options available. I wonder how 12 works. Because if the Falsifier is compulsive and their options are all roles we want to keep then hopefully the normalizer can easily normalize them by sending in the role name and not need a player name in order for it to work.

8, 9, 10 should maybe be claimed in order to cause the least damage. The mirror is only a problem for a town vig.

Is the mirror only a problem for the Town Vig? Is it not also a problem for the scum killer? I think that 17, 18, and 19 are potentially ones we may want to out themselves, but someone else brings up the valid point that the more we air about who has what, the easier we make it for the scum to pinpoint useful power roles. I think especially if we verge on over-sharing we should keep the mirror and other disruptive roles quiet about their identities until the subsequent day. 

There doesn't seem to me to be any reason to out the vote affecting roles now that I'm really thinking about it. They might make themselves apparent when the votes are tallied but if we can keep the scum in the dark about as much as possible, we'll have a better job of freeing up our own power roles to do their night-time jobs. We must also consider that the Scum will be on the receiving end of these roles and may even be able to double up on night actions. I forget if that was an element of the game last time around but since this is more of a role madness scenario it would make sense to me that they can act twice granted that their lack of accountable actions otherwise would give them away. 

Hmm, this is an interesting settup strategically, and the likely outcomes are still settling in my murky pail of mop-water... only time will tell what lays in store for us. My proposal is the Encoder and Falsifier ONLY out themselves and the rest keep quiet to avoid scum interference. We don't want to give them too many puzzle pieces, only remove those that interfere with us. Borf.

2 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

sharting

Not into my barrel please!

1 hour ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

How does knowing who has what role, especially considering most roles have to be handed out by the trickster, relevant for the scum?

Imagine everyone claims. Then scum use the switch on Alice, Bob and Carol, and target someone else - maybe Dan or Eve who has a different role. We have a good chance of learning a lot tonight, and the less we share with the scum, the less chance they have of subverting us.

Ouch! Sorry, I was busy putting a plaster on my leg, I had tripped and fallen down those stairs. 

I can see the pros and cons about being completely open about what everyone has. On the one hand, we may catch lying scum that are trying to claim something they don't have. On the other hand, if the scum know what everyone has, that hurts us because they'll be able to coordinate more. 

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH IT'S ALL MADNESS ON THE SHIP! THER'ES SHARTING CUDDLING AND TRUNK LOVE!!

I don't even know what that is, maybe it's fun? 

9 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

Only like most of them. Like whaaat?

6 hours ago, Franczeska Fox said:

5 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

On the other hand: the risk of killing the unclaimed roles will also be higher for them, as it is more likely that those roles will be watched or protected.

2 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

How does knowing who has what role, especially considering most roles have to be handed out by the trickster, relevant for the scum? They don't have to block a particular animal at night, they can simply switch off a category of roles.

I think someone else said it, but even if they turn roles off, they still have to kill someone and the more they know the easier they can plan their actions. Do you and the mouse want everyone to claim?

3 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Loved, hated & priest, being day modifiers, can't mess with the night so there's no harm I think in revealing who has what.

We can't be certain people will or won't get more than one action, and the scum might assume that if someone has one action they won't have another, so revealing who has a day action again helps the scum work out who has what.

3 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

I tend to think that aside from the Falsifier (definitely anti-town) and Encryptor (also anti-town because it only seems to help scum) we should keep whatever actions & roles we're assigned quiet until the morning so the baby-dragon-haters don't get any more information than they need. We can untangle it all in the morning, right?

Knowing who had what role will be MUCH MORE important tomorrow. SORRY I MEANT, much more. 

25 minutes ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Ouch! Sorry, I was busy putting a plaster on my leg, I had tripped and fallen down those stairs. 

I can see the pros and cons about being completely open about what everyone has. On the one hand, we may catch lying scum that are trying to claim something they don't have. On the other hand, if the scum know what everyone has, that hurts us because they'll be able to coordinate more. 

I hope you're ok after you're accident! Clumsy hippo. I hope you don't get splinters in your ass from that fence you're sitting on! 

2 hours ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

We must also consider that the Scum will be on the receiving end of these roles and may even be able to double up on night actions. I forget if that was an element of the game last time around but since this is more of a role madness scenario it would make sense to me that they can act twice granted that their lack of accountable actions otherwise would give them away. 

Hmm, this is an interesting settup strategically, and the likely outcomes are still settling in my murky pail of mop-water... only time will tell what lays in store for us. My proposal is the Encoder and Falsifier ONLY out themselves and the rest keep quiet to avoid scum interference. We don't want to give them too many puzzle pieces, only remove those that interfere with us. Borf.

Hmm, what you said made me think. Considering that there are 13 roles that have to be handed out by the trickster, it's possible that some of us might get more than one role. Do you think the number of roles will decrease when more of us will die? It will be real madness on later nights when it doesn't...

28 minutes ago, Benicia Bear said:

I think someone else said it, but even if they turn roles off, they still have to kill someone and the more they know the easier they can plan their actions. Do you and the mouse want everyone to claim?

In the morning, yes. I was trying to clarify why Holbrook mentioned the block/switch action, as it seems irrelevant for them to know who holds what role, although I agree that the more they know, the easier it will be for them to plan their kill.

4 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I'll keep you safe trunky, but I'm afraid we won't get much sleep tonight.

Delay of game: entertaining on the roof deck. I’ll extend the day 48 hours from when I’m able to post the roles and opening voting. 

21 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

entertaining on the roof deck

Is that where the captain stands? Are you going to get drunk as a skunk? Are there any skunks on board?

As for the matter at hand, I'm waiting to grab a bird before speculating on the ones in the bushes. Once this delay has passed and we have roles, things should get more interesting, but I will agree that we all need to carefully consider what we reveal to avoid helping the scum. And then there is the voting, I have no idea yet on that one.

2 hours ago, Benicia Bear said:

oh beary-weary-bubbles! i don’t know where you got the idea that i want everyone to claim, i was asking if everyone should. turns out the answer is no, and i’m ok with that. i’ve never been on a boat like this, usually I just stick to soaping up tiny dragon bodies. this is all new and scary. i have now read the big book and mostly understand what animals will be able to do. 

4 hours ago, Bartosz Bulldog said:

Hmm, this is an interesting settup strategically, and the likely outcomes are still settling in my murky pail of mop-water... only time will tell what lays in store for us. My proposal is the Encoder and Falsifier ONLY out themselves and the rest keep quiet to avoid scum interference. We don't want to give them too many puzzle pieces, only remove those that interfere with us. 

20 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Having considered the list of actions for tonight, I agree with Bartoszzxcvzxcvxc's assessment that whoever is assigned the Falsifier action should claim ASAP.

The falsifier is not compulsive, so I don't necessarily see the need for them to claim that they have it.  I suggest that they simply don't use it.  Not using it also means that the normaliser's action (if they do use it) will be benign, right?  If the falsifier falls in scum's hands, then we can't trust the result anyway.

6 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Encryptor is only helpful to scum and the way it is written suggests that it doesn't have any functionality for town.  So, are we then to assume that if someone reveals it, that they are town?  I won't be making that assumption.

5 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

I'm inclined to think that secrecy is the best policy for today.  I must have been asleep when the sharting happened last game as I don't remember it.  But let's definitely not do that this game.

11 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

What about the bus driver?

1 thru 7 and 13 should not be claimed.

Revealing the mirror will be more useful for scum than town.  Our vig is compulsive and so will be at risk, but the odds are that they will take out town anyway given the relative numbers.  Ruling out one person will not change those odds that much.

Also, can we use role names please?  Using the numbers makes my brain hurt more.

As for voting today, only Mobley and Leatrix have stood out for me so far.  

Mobley starts the day by pointing out the obvious.

23 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

so we have more tricks than people on board? everyone gets a task? seems we need to be extra clear about what each of us can do

And then despite having already said that we need to be clear about the roles, it is not until his second post that he thinks he should consult the book. 

11 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

And there's also the thing about asking whether there are any role that absolutely shouldn't claim.

There's only one response to this post from Leatrix:

5 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

WTF.  

Then this, which felt a little like back tracking ...

58 minutes ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

Hmm, what you said made me think. Considering that there are 13 roles that have to be handed out by the trickster, it's possible that some of us might get more than one role. Do you think the number of roles will decrease when more of us will die? It will be real madness on later nights when it doesn't...

In the morning, yes. I was trying to clarify why Holbrook mentioned the block/switch action, as it seems irrelevant for them to know who holds what role, although I agree that the more they know, the easier it will be for them to plan their kill.

On the point of doubling up on roles, we generally don't get to use more than one role at a time and 9 of the roles are compulsive.  It would seem meaningless for those who are given a compulsive role to then be given other roles.  

I think it more likely that that the roles have to be handed out without doubling up, at least for those who are given compulsive roles.  There are 9 of those, 10 if you include the hooker.  The exception being the day roles.

This is very much based on the assumption that we can only use one action per night.  Thoughts on whether this would not apply in this set up?

6 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

I don't know about claiming these ones.  Will it impact how we vote today?  Should we vote as we would without knowing this??

29 minutes ago, Mobley Mouse said:

i don’t know where you got the idea that i want everyone to claim, i was asking if everyone should. 

This is probably where:

12 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

but since we all will have something, surely everyone claims? 

How else should this be interpreted other than that you think we should all claim?

:pir-sick:

I don't know how much longer I can take the smell around here. Do you animals every bathe? 

Do you ever shut up? There's so much neighing and barking and chirping, I can't even hear myself think. I could barely hear Omrom's rawr and he's such a fewocious fella that it must be your noise that drowned it out.

:pir-upset:

What's with all the requests for claiming already? This is insanity. Nobody even has a role yet and you want people to claim as soon as they get one? What kind on scummy nonsense is that? I'm glad someone de-babied that Omrom post though, I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. You'd think I would be use to baby talk after herding all the dragons all day, but I think I've blocked out the noise (and the smell) subconsciously.

Sowwy for being late, family business.. :blush:

This is a crazy circus. It will take a little while for my poodle brain to understand all the implications of this mad setup, but I agree that the more is revealed before the night the better scum will be able to plan their actions.

Not sure I get what Baby Dwagon Lullaby and Slumber Party are used for though. Did I miss something?

Voting is now open. With 16 players, it takes 9 votes to achieve a lynch. Don't you worry, an interlude comic will appear sometime before or after the hangover. 48 hours remain in Day One. Thank you for your patience. 

8 minutes ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Can I slap Gilford Goatfried back to the stone age?

No I'll head butt you.

Some goods points brought up about not giving scum to much to work with since it could help them narrow down the important roles.

The mouse backtracking is weird for sure.

6 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Delay of game: entertaining on the roof deck. I’ll extend the day 48 hours from when I’m able to post the roles and opening voting. 

Bettee than the *hic* poop deck

3 hours ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Not sure I get what Baby Dwagon Lullaby and Slumber Party are used for though. Did I miss something?

Prettty suure we knoww nothing *hic* aboutt them but I wannaa go

5 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

The falsifier is not compulsive, so I don't necessarily see the need for them to claim that they have it.  I suggest that they simply don't use it.  Not using it also means that the normaliser's action (if they do use it) will be benign, right?  If the falsifier falls in scum's hands, then we can't trust the result anyway.

Encryptor is only helpful to scum and the way it is written suggests that it doesn't have any functionality for town.  So, are we then to assume that if someone reveals it, that they are town?  I won't be making that assumption.

On the point of doubling up on roles, we generally don't get to use more than one role at a time and 9 of the roles are compulsive.  It would seem meaningless for those who are given a compulsive role to then be given other roles.  

I think it more likely that that the roles have to be handed out without doubling up, at least for those who are given compulsive roles.  There are 9 of those, 10 if you include the hooker.  The exception being the day roles.

I don't know about claiming these ones.  Will it impact how we vote today?  Should we vote as we would without knowing this??

I agree with not using the falsifier action tonight. Depending on which roles are affected (presumably informative roles), it may prove useful later in the game to mess with roles which we think are held by the scum though. I think Bartosz was onto something considering the number of roles in relation to the number of animals on board, but if you are right about everyone only getting one role tonight, then it's probably best that no one claims to give the scum as little to work with as possible. That even goes for Loved, Hated and Priest. The possible impact of these roles will be bigger on later days though. And I agree, claiming Encryptor is definitely not a town tell.

As I said, I was responding to what Holbrook said about the scum benefiting from knowing who has what role when using the switching action. They obviously don't need to know who has what for that.

4 hours ago, Parvani Poodle said:

1 hour ago, Franczeska Fox said:

Omrom explained what they do... :look: (not much).

On 8/8/2020 at 12:23 AM, Omrom said:

I've used my baby dwagon magic to hewp. So the Twicktew can give these two Actions to peopow, if they choose:

Baby Dwagon Wuwwaby wiww tawget one pewson and dat pewson gets to sing a wuwwaby to a baby dwagon!

Baby Dwagon Swumbew Pawty will tawget one pewson and dat pewson gets to have a swumbew pawty wif baby dwagons!

There are quite a few animals who are on the fence, not adding much to the discussion, or simply not paying attention...

And can someone wake up Bixby and Rutherford please?

7 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

This is probably where:

How else should this be interpreted other than that you think we should all claim?

oh shanny-sham-poo-poo.

if you can’t tell the difference between someone asking what will happen and someone saying what they want to happen, you’re going to have a very confusing life. 
and the first thing is said when waking up was obvious? oh wow! call the goblins! as if everyone is barking ready to go. please. and if you could tell me what is wrong with asking what we should do rather than being silent, or loudly declaring they way things should be, i’d love to learn that too.

so far it seems you’re just suspicioning for suspicioning sake, your points are thinner than omwoms hair.

3 hours ago, Franczeska Fox said:

Oh franny-fine-fanny-bangy! 
if you ask nicely, maybe i can hook you up with a ticket to sleep with the dragons