Hinckley

FABUpunk! Mafia II–Day One, That One Guy is Dead

I think the Priest, Loved and Hated don't need to be claimed today. There's a pooooint to be made that they coould be more useful later in the game. Especially when we have more night action results to go on and the lynch is more important. 

10 hours ago, Shainen Sheepdog said:

Encryptor is only helpful to scum and the way it is written suggests that it doesn't have any functionality for town.  So, are we then to assume that if someone reveals it, that they are town?  I won't be making that assumption.

I don't think we can trust them either. The scum could easily claim under the guise of being town. I could see the scum not claiming at all but I don't think we can say anything with certainty.

3 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

And can someone wake up Bixby and Rutherford please?

I think they're dreaming. They're being chased by giant frogs on wheelie bikes eating candy floss. I think this means they're going through a rough patch in life. 

2 hours ago, Marlowe Monkey said:

I think the Priest, Loved and Hated don't need to be claimed today. There's a pooooint to be made that they coould be more useful later in the game. Especially when we have more night action results to go on and the lynch is more important.  

If we only get one action each, claiming a modifier will 1) tell Scum that one doesn't have a major role; and 2) tell Town that they should probably protect someone else. All in all, I still think it's best to keep the info secret until, as you say, the role becomes strategically important.

6 hours ago, Leatrix Lamb said:

Omrom explained what they do... :look: (not much).

Yeah, it wasn't clear to me whether these are mock actions or something more important. Slumber Party, perhaps all night actions are voided? :look:

1 hour ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Yeah, it wasn't clear to me whether these are mock actions or something more important. Slumber Party, perhaps all night actions are voided? :look:

That's what I'm thinking. The roles booooooth mention targeting one person. Sooooo I'm thinking it voids all night actions of the person as well as the people they targeted. So for example if Player A targets Player B and the Slumber Party role targets Player A then Player B's night action will be voided as well(?) Or maybe it allows a player to stop certain night actions. I don't know. Whatever it is it sounds as though it limits the amount of night action used in one night. 

oh funky-munky-junky-dunky!

in order to clear up confusion and prevent misinformation causing errors, i’m going to let everyone know i have a ticket to a dragon slumber party tonight. 

it does nothing to any other night activities.

it’s a picture action for amusement value only. i do hope omwom is ok with me telling everyone this, though i feel like it has been said already. 

2 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

in order to clear up confusion and prevent misinformation causing errors, i’m going to let everyone know i have a ticket to a dragon slumber party tonight. 

Lucky!

In the case of voting, I'm going with a wakeup poke vote. @Bixby Bunny.

Vote: Bixby Bunny

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

Vote tally

Bixby Bunny: 1 (Emeric Elephant)

Non-voters: 15 (Bartosz Bulldog, Benicia Bear, Bixby Bunny, Caladon Crocodile, Corrina Cow, Franczeska Fox, Gilford Goat, Holbrook Horse, Hyacinth Hippo, Leatrix Lamb, Marlowe Monkey, Mobley Mouse, Parvani Poodle, Rutherford Raccoon, Shainen Sheepdog)

With 16 players, it takes 9 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently nobody will be lynched. Note: We are having some issues with the site's SSL Certificate and some people may have trouble accessing the site, which may be why our wayward travelers haven't posted yet. 30.5 technically remain in Day One. I may extend the Day until this issue can be resolved to be fair to the players that may be having trouble accessing the site. Thank you for your patience.

2 hours ago, Emeric Elephant said:

Vote: Bixby Bunny

23 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

was asking if everyone should.

If you meant to ask whether everyone should claim, you should have said that. Instead you used the word "surely", and it comes across as a recommendation rather than an earnest question.

22 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

The mouse backtracking is weird for sure.

And you backtracking isn't? I know what you did, you came heffalumping (beware! beware!) into here asking everyone to claim before reading the thread and deciding that wasn't a good move. Also, why do you think we shouldn't try to lynch anyone today?

18 hours ago, Franczeska Fox said:

Bettee than the *hic* poop deck

Yeah @Emeric Elephant!

Was that a woozle hiding behind the captain? Aaaaiiiieeeeeeeee!

1 hour ago, Holbrook Horse said:

you came heffalumping (beware! beware!) into here asking everyone to claim

No I was speculating (as were others) which roles could be claimed. Then later some said that it's better not to claim at all since it narrows down who has the important roles for the scum and I agreed. 

1 hour ago, Holbrook Horse said:

Also, why do you think we shouldn't try to lynch anyone today?

Death bad. Me no like.

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

Vote tally

Bixby Bunny: 1 (Emeric Elephant)

Non-voters: 15 (Bartosz Bulldog, Benicia Bear, Bixby Bunny, Caladon Crocodile, Corrina Cow, Franczeska Fox, Gilford Goat, Holbrook Horse, Hyacinth Hippo, Leatrix Lamb, Marlowe Monkey, Mobley Mouse, Parvani Poodle, Rutherford Raccoon, Shainen Sheepdog)

With 16 players, it takes 9 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently nobody will be lynched. Note: We are having some issues with the site's SSL Certificate and some people may have trouble accessing the site, which may be why our wayward travelers haven't posted yet. 23.5 hours technically remain in Day One. I may extend the Day until this issue can be resolved to be fair to the players that may be having trouble accessing the site. Bixby Bunny and Rutherford Raccoon have not logged in since they confirmed, so I'd like to give them the chance to get here and check the Day out before moving forward. Thank you for your patience.

Ouch! I seem to have stubbed my toe. Please, friends, I need medical assistance! Why don't we have a doctor onboard? 

We need to vote. I'm going to:

Vote: Mobley Mouse

Because I found it a bit suspect that he said we should all claim, then backtracked on it, and then tried to say that he didn't actually say we should all claim. 

7 hours ago, Holbrook Horse said:

If you meant to ask whether everyone should claim, you should have said that. Instead you used the word "surely", and it comes across as a recommendation rather than an earnest question.

oh horsey-clang-dang-wang!

i thought i did say that. we’d can disagree on how to english good, but if i later clarify what i meant to  say, you can’t then tell me what i meant when i said what I’d said earlier.

4 hours ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Ouch! I seem to have stubbed my toe. Please, friends, I need medical assistance! Why don't we have a doctor onboard? 

Because I found it a bit suspect that he said we should all claim, then backtracked on it, and then tried to say that he didn't actually say we should all claim. 

ha ha ha oh,

oh hippy-dippy-fatty-fapper.
are you working with the horse and the dog? trying to make an book out of a tiny bit of paper? we’ve been through this a couple of times now. if you don’t like the way i phrase things, fine, say that, but don’t invent stuff that didn’t happen. 
- i didn’t say we should all claim, i was responding to an earlier post with a interogative, surely we will? (to which the answer clearly came back, hell no!)

- since i didn’t do what you claim, I can’t’ve backtracked. i did clarify when some animals had trouble understanding the difference between a subjunctive and declaritive.

- and then i didn’t try to say that i didn’t say what you claim I said, i outright did say. because poofy-puppy was suspicioning me for stupid thin reason and that needed to be called out.

19 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

it’s a picture action for amusement value only. i do hope omwom is ok with me telling everyone this, though i feel like it has been said already. 

Ok thanks for settling that. So it's the equivalent of being vanilla for one night.

Voting is mandatory, and I don't feel there's much to go on at the moment, but if I had to choose right now I would Vote: Gilford Goat. That "we should just all claim, wouldn't if be fun" comment early on was just slightly... either devious or naive? Probably the latter but it's the only hunch I have for now, with things being quiet and players missing and all.

9 minutes ago, Parvani Poodle said:

Vote: Gilford Goat. That "we should just all claim, wouldn't if be fun" comment early on was just slightly... either devious or naive?

The truth is revealed. I was in the mood for a shitstorm. :grin: (still am by whatevs I'm not sad shutup you're sad)

I would’ve voted for either Bixby or Rutherford for their lack of contribution but given the ship seems to be having certificate proooblems I don’t think it’s fair voting for them until they have had their say on matters. Thank you Mobley for clearing the slumber party role thing up. If you do goooooo to the slumber party please bring back some snacks and goodies. I had a dream I went to a slumber party once.

For now I’m going to vote for Hyacinth Hippo:

On 8/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, Hyacinth Hippo said:

Ouch! Sorry, I was busy putting a plaster on my leg, I had tripped and fallen down those stairs. 

I can see the pros and cons about being completely open about what everyone has. On the one hand, we may catch lying scum that are trying to claim something they don't have. On the other hand, if the scum know what everyone has, that hurts us because they'll be able to coordinate more. 

Her post here just feels very non committal. She’s briefly evaluated both sides but seems to be sitting on the fence and hasn’t come to a clear viewpoint. 

Vote: Hyaclinth Hippo

4 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

i thought i did say that. we’d can disagree on how to english good, but if i later clarify what i meant to  say, you can’t then tell me what i meant when i said what I’d said earlier.

It's awfully easy to just reverse anything you say when it clearly earns negative attention, isn't it? How are we ever going to be certain what you've said or meant?

4 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

- i didn’t say we should all claim, i was responding to an earlier post with a interogative, surely we will? (to which the answer clearly came back, hell no!)

- since i didn’t do what you claim, I can’t’ve backtracked. i did clarify when some animals had trouble understanding the difference between a subjunctive and declaritive.

- and then i didn’t try to say that i didn’t say what you claim I said, i outright did say. because poofy-puppy was suspicioning me for stupid thin reason and that needed to be called out.

You did say that, words have meanings. You may or may not have meant it, but you said it. Then, when the answer clearly came back "hell no!" you reversed. So yeah, intentionally or not, you did exactly what they stated and then backtracked. And now you're just trying to use confusing phrasing to explain it away. Maybe you don't mean to do that, but who knows what you mean when you can change immediately?

Plus, we're already risking a lawsuit from those people over at Dudney Studios™ for having a mouse with a name so close to theirs.I've always heard that the second mouse gets cheesed. I think that's right. *shrug*

20 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

And then there is this. I really doubt that with enough roles to choke an entire stable, there would be additional roles created for nothing but amusement value when the host could just do those actions on their own, like all the other amusement value based pictures. The poor hippo is going to end up with a concussion, are we supposed to believe that was a daytime role for amusement value? Of course not, that's just the host taking liberties with our bodies, as hosts tend to do, no special role required.

I'm not saying it's damning, but I really doubt an entire role was made up to do nothing else, but you seem to want us to believe that. Or did you mean something else? Who knows???

27 minutes ago, Gilford Goat said:

The truth is revealed. I was in the mood for a shitstorm. :grin: (still am by whatevs I'm not sad shutup you're sad)

Stupid as it is, I can believe that. I know it's how I read it. Butthead. I mean, head butter.

Wait, a clue! Look at the first letter of each of his bolded words.

5 hours ago, Mobley Mouse said:

He has an STD!

That was silly, but accurate!

36 minutes ago, Corrina Cow said:

It's awfully easy to just reverse anything you say when it clearly earns negative attention, isn't it? How are we ever going to be certain what you've said or meant?

You did say that, words have meanings. You may or may not have meant it, but you said it. Then, when the answer clearly came back "hell no!" you reversed. So yeah, intentionally or not, you did exactly what they stated and then backtracked. And now you're just trying to use confusing phrasing to explain it away. Maybe you don't mean to do that, but who knows what you mean when you can change immediately?

And then there is this. I really doubt that with enough roles to choke an entire stable, there would be additional roles created for nothing but amusement value when the host could just do those actions on their own

oh cow-chicka-bow-wow.

I’m making up the dragon slumber party? maybe go back and read omwom’s first post. 

as for knowing what i mean when i say stuff, you ask. then i answer, then you listen to the answer and stop making more of stuff than needs to be. sure, what i said might have been less than englishly good. but if anyone knows what i meant, it’s me. i didn’t change what i meant between posts and i sure as steak didn’t change it in response to replies. believe me or not, but your belief doesn’t make truth.

The mouse keeps talking yet somehow makes his situation worse. Reminds me of my distant cousin who happens to be the prince of a sky island empire (nothing extraordinary there's thousands), and I was given the "honor" (he was on his fucking knees begging) to introduce him to my sister's good friend. Now don't go saying I'm a shitty wingman alright? I didn't do anything he's just a moron. MotherFer opens up with

da935231f0548035fcb6634fc02bf320.jpeg

She's like "Ya I play the sax wha bout you sugar?" and he's like "Oh no I don't play I was making a meme joke sorry" and she's like "S'alright hun you like what you like" and he's like "Oh no yeah memes are dumb like totally". Then she's like "Boi you got that schizophrenia or what they call it?", and he says "No! I'm not backtracking IDK what you're talking about! You're crazy!". Damn she slapped that boy hard.

1 hour ago, Mobley Mouse said:

I’m making up the dragon slumber party? maybe go back and read omwom’s first post. 

Maybe go back and read what I said. I have no doubt you got the role you've claimed, it would be very hard to fake a claim to a role that is so unique, what I doubt is that it has no other purpose than entertainment, since no such role would be needed in a game with so many others that could be given out.

Oh, look, we're certifiable again, so there should be no more excuse for silence. Speak up, children, the stars are listening!

Due to problems players had accessing the site, the day will be extended to last 96 hours.

2 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

what I doubt is that it has no other purpose than entertainment, since no such role would be needed in a game with so many others that could be given out.

oh wakey-fakey-steaky-makey

take it up with the captain. I told the truth, so that we didn’t spend time distracted over what the role does. if you don’t like that, fine. it’s not like the stupid thing is compulsive anyway.

*hic* This shipp has some serwious issues with doors.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:27 AM, Gilford Goat said:

Yeah that's fine by me.

Howbouta lynch? I'm thinking nay. More like baahhhhh amiright? Thank you, thank you very much I'll be touring soon.

So thatt's all you have for this post, just a casual suggestion*hic* that we don't lynchh anyone and take a no iinfo apppproach into day 2? We're on an extenddded day for *hic* reaasons but iff aniimals showw up *hic* we can gettt more discussionsss thann norrmal *hic*

Vote: Gilforddd *hic* Goat

6 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

Ohhh, itt was *hic* comedic. Uh huhhhh

On 8/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, Gilford Goat said:

Howbouta lynch? I'm thinking nay. More like baahhhhh amiright? Thank you, thank you very much I'll be touring soon.

16 hours ago, Gilford Goat said:

Death bad. Me no like.

I didn't see a village idiot day role in the list... but aside from that, why do you seem dead set (pun intended) against lynching?

On 8/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, Mobley Mouse said:

Because of the way they were presented by Omrom, I did not even consider that the roles were actual useful actions, so I am inclined to believe this.

14 hours ago, Hyacinth Hippo said:

He did say that we should "surely" claim and I too have a hard time believing he meant anything else, but at the same time I doubt a baby dragon hater would want to draw so much attention to himself this way.

5 hours ago, Corrina Cow said:

And then there is this. I really doubt that with enough roles to choke an entire stable, there would be additional roles created for nothing but amusement value when the host could just do those actions on their own, like all the other amusement value based pictures. The poor hippo is going to end up with a concussion, are we supposed to believe that was a daytime role for amusement value? Of course not, that's just the host taking liberties with our bodies, as hosts tend to do, no special role required.

I'm not saying it's damning, but I really doubt an entire role was made up to do nothing else, but you seem to want us to believe that. Or did you mean something else? Who knows???

So, is or isn't it a reason for you to vote for Mobley?

4 hours ago, Marlowe Monkey said:

I would’ve voted for either Bixby or Rutherford for their lack of contribution but given the ship seems to be having certificate proooblems I don’t think it’s fair voting for them until they have had their say on matters. Thank you Mobley for clearing the slumber party role thing up. If you do goooooo to the slumber party please bring back some snacks and goodies. I had a dream I went to a slumber party once.

For now I’m going to vote for Hyacinth Hippo:

Her post here just feels very non committal. She’s briefly evaluated both sides but seems to be sitting on the fence and hasn’t come to a clear viewpoint. 

Vote: Hyaclinth Hippo

It's a bloody shame Bixby and Rutherford are showing so little interest in our wool fur hunt for the baby dragon haters. We'll just have to wait and see if and when they show up. I agree with Marlowe's reasoning for voting Hyacinth. As also pointed out by Benicia earlier, that fence she's on is a nice comfy place in the middle (of her big hippo bum, her butt crack must hurt though).

Vote: Hyacinth Hippo

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

Due to problems players had accessing the site, the day will be extended to last 96 hours.

You sure are a powerful Forest God, extending days like that and all.