1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this set?

• 5 - Excellent!
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 1 - Poor

Product description:

Celebrate green energy innovation with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10268 Vestas Wind Turbine. Developed in partnership with Vestas, this detailed, motorized LEGO model captures the elegance and graceful movement of a traditional wind turbine and features a new-for-January 2019 spruce tree, manufactured from sustainably sourced plant-based plastic. At approximately 39” (1m) high, the structure towers above a wooded hill and a house with furnished patio, mailbox, flowers and a white picket fence. Turn the nacelle left or right and switch on the included Power Functions motor to rotate the adjustable wind turbine blades and illuminate the cottage’s porch light. This collectible model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and makes a great display piece for the home or office. This big LEGO set also includes a Vestas service vehicle and 3 minifigures: 2 Vestas service technicians kitted out with safety helmets and a woman, plus a dog figure.

Construction:

The build begins with a little van that actually looks quite realistic compared to the real version. It also includes a tool box which slides into the an.

Next up is the little house. It’s actually quite simple, but nonetheless includes great details such as a cooker, a sink, and a little lamp.

My favorite part is the lights on either sides of the doors, and the neat routing of cables under the green plates located behind the building.

A sloped roof finishes off the house before building the hill behind it. It uses rare BURP pieces that haven’t appeared in many sets.

Behind the cottage is the hilly landscape made up of some green BURPs. The base of the tower is connected using some Technic pins and bricks which makes it pretty sturdy. On the top of the hills are some of the Plants from Plants trees which we get two of.

The battery box is hidden inside the hill. Once it’s on, the yellow Technic beam allows the switch to be operated from the back.

The main tower is assembled all the way from the bottom, they are held with standard technic pins, which makes it quite unstable. The three blades are assembled after that.

Notable elements:

-6x12 tile with Vestas logo printing

-Panel 1x4x3 with Vestas logo printing

-Green BURP (Mountain Bottom) pieces

-32x32 baseplate

-Vestas worker minifigure

The completed model:

I think this model is a great set to display because of appearance -- even better when the blades are operating. The house looks amazing as well with lots of details!

One thing I don’t like is that it feels unstable, but excusable for an old school set. Welcome back to 2007!

If this set was a magic item:

+10 to understanding how wind turbines work

+9 to accuracy

+9 to display value

-7 to wallet

-100 to space in your room

Pros:

-Incredibly accurate

-Huge size!

-Detailed house

-No stickers!

-Neat cable management

-Accurate, detailed van

-Good for play or display

-Great parts pack

Cons:

-Unstable

-Short build time for the price

-No numbered bags

-Extremely high PPP at $0.24 cents per piece

Conclusion:

This set makes an impressive display piece, and a great set for kids as well! Just watching it is incredibly fun. My only real complaint is that it’s a bit unstable, but other than that I have nothing negative to say about this model.

I rate it a 10/10.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by JintaiZ