Hinckley

FABUPUNK Mafia! Day One—The Prince is Dead

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_002.jpg

confirmation_003.jpg

confirmation_004.jpg

confirmation_005.jpg

confirmation_006.jpg

confirmation_007.jpg

confirmation_008.jpg

confirmation_009.jpg

confirmation_010.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Defectors) or the Scum (Loyalists). To win the game, the Town must kill off all threats to the Town, while the Mafia needs to kill off all players who are not a member of their team, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles. In this setup, a draw is possible.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves, unless otherwise noted in your role PM. Players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Defectors) or Scum (Loyalists) or Neutral

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all threats to the Defectors are eliminated) or (You win when all players who are not Loyalists are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

Character Quirk: Roleplaying is encouraged in this game. I have given each of you a suggestion of a character quirk you may choose to play or not. Feel free to make up your own.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

6a. PMing is only allowed during the Night phase for every player.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

govind_100.jpg

Govind Goat, Captain of The Pluto

pernilla_100.jpg

Pernilla, a pig

pernilla_100.jpg

Omrow, a baby dragon

Players

calissa_100.jpg

Calissa Cat, female, Baroness

caylin_100.jpg

Caylin Cow, female, Princess of the FABUrealms

evren_100.jpg

Evren Elephant, male, Master of City Development

fergus_100.jpg

Fergus Fox, male, Master of Agriculture

hayleigh_100.jpg

Hayleigh Hippo, female, Mistress of Coin

hendrik_100.jpg

Hendrick Horse, male, Captain of the Royal Guard

keyarra_100.jpg

Keyarra Crocodile, female, Ambassador to the Dragon Realms

lyev_100.jpg

Lyev Lion, male, Master of War

maddock_100.jpg

Maddock Monkey, male, Master of Steam Technology

pembroke_100.jpg

Pembroke Panda, male, Spiritual Advisor

priella_100.jpg

Priella Pig, female, Leader of the High Council

shanley_100.jpg

Shanley Sheepdog, male, High Commander of the Imperial Fleet

wyeth_100.jpg

Wyeth Walrus, male, Magistrate

Day One has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. All PMing or writeboard activity must now cease. There is no outside communication allowed during the Day thread. Thank you!

The Twicktew has chosen dis setup fow today:

2 Fwamews

1 Insane Investigatow

2 Sane Invesitgatows

Wowe PMs fow tonight's one-shot actions wiww go out befowe voting stawts.

The Scum wiww have theiw standawd bwock and factionaw kiww. Have fun!

My fabulous, scrumptuous, sexy prince is dead! I'm all alone in the world now. Wait, what's this? Is that a tuba? Oh my tubas are just perfect.

So we know the setup for today, although I fear that does not help us right now, as we are only on Day One. I say we must keep this ship on course for the future and not turn back like the Loyalists want.

Urf!

I’m glad the voyage is finally underway, I’m less glad we are floating in the aether. I will keep my lead boots tied tight. I do not want to float away.

I judge the flappy thing is going to get quite tired keeping up the annoying speech impediment, but I suppose he is necessary to keep us informed of how each day may unfold.

1 hour ago, Caylin Cow said:

So we know the setup for today, although I fear that does not help us right now, as we are only on Day One. 

Only Day One and I'm confused already.  

And a little stressed knowing that there are loyalists on board.  Why is the boat is filled almost completely with short-haired animals?  I need some hair to twiddle!

40 minutes ago, Wyeth Walrus said:

I judge the flappy thing is going to get quite tired keeping up the annoying speech impediment, but I suppose he is necessary to keep us informed of how each day may unfold.

Omrom has shown amazing persistence in the past.  

A magic talking pig on all fours, an undead dragon baby with a lisp, a human in a funny hat torturing small animals in a brass contraption. I don't even drink. :wacko: 

Between the framers and the investigators, both sane and insane, there feels like an awful lot of possible ways for things to go wrong. That's assuming there aren't also naturally assigned roles in the mix. This isn't good for us, but I bet the loyalist scum are loving it. :sceptic:

I don't like airships, I feel like it makes it easier for them to watch us. *huh*

1 hour ago, Wyeth Walrus said:

You really think the flappy thing will get bored of the impediment?

18 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Only Day One and I'm confused already.  

And a little stressed knowing that there are loyalists on board.  Why is the boat is filled almost completely with short-haired animals?  I need some hair to twiddle!

It's not that confusing. The weird man with the weird hat dictates to the dragon with the impediment the new craziness and we deal with it. What's so different about that? And what's wrong with short hair?

17 minutes ago, Maddock Monkey said:

Howwwy shit! Dis is cwazy! Dat dwagon better not poop everywhere though, I'm getting sick of this farmyard stench already.

Wait, what dragon? Who is pooping on this ship! I don't smell like a farmyard! You do! Believe me, you do. Or a zoo.

1 hour ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

That's assuming there aren't also naturally assigned roles in the mix. This isn't good for us, but I bet the loyalist scum are loving it. :sceptic:

Urf! What are you doing? 
The first thing to say when you wake is something vague and uninteresting, like ‘good morning’ or ‘where are my slippers‘ or ‘Who was playing that tuba?’ Not leaping straight in to speculative thoughts about what other animals can do. Or about how your side[\s] the scum are feeling.

1 hour ago, Caylin Cow said:

You really think the flappy thing will get bored of the impediment?

Urf!

I judge that I would.  But perhaps I’d be distracted by the need to root out our enemies.

Urf! bad formatting. Can’t change my words!
I judge I won’t be using many tags.

1 hour ago, Maddock Monkey said:

Howwwy shit! Dis is cwazy! Dat dwagon better not poop everywhere though, I'm getting sick of this farmyard stench already.

Urf! He who smelt it, dealt it

- bark bark bark bark bark bark- Good Morning! Where are my slippers? Is someone cooking eggs? Who was playing that tuba? - bark bark bark bark - So we have 2 framers, a sane and insane investigator and the usual scum roles. So from my understanding an insane investigator always gets the opposite of their target's true faction. - bark bark bark bark - 

4 hours ago, Wyeth Walrus said:

Who ever did the rhyme did the crime.

Good morning everyone!  Despite many moons spent among the dragons, my stomach still flutters at this elf nude.  Sorry, altitude.  I've already lost my cape in the wind it seems, poppy socks.

Oh!  Oh a baby dragon, keep it away from me!  Oh oh, sorry, uh, sorry yes, bad memories.  :look:

So correct me if I am a gong, but we have with us a fellow who can assign one-shot actions to any of us for the coming night, who also has some kind of variation on the absorber role, so can potentially gain one of those actions and use it?  Or perhaps only gain a permanent action.  Whatever the case, it sounds like it has the potential to go horribly wrong.

8 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Between the framers and the investigators, both sane and insane, there feels like an awful lot of possible ways for things to go wrong. That's assuming there aren't also naturally assigned roles in the mix. This isn't good for us, but I bet the loyalist scum are loving it. :sceptic:

Framers! That's what he said. Okay. :rofl:

Well this is certainly a bonkers situation! I can't decide if I dislike this trickster or the dragon more, neither one of them certainly filed a variance request for this nonsense.

10 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

Wait, what dragon? Who is pooping on this ship! I don't smell like a farmyard! You do! Believe me, you do. Or a zoo.

We don't have room in the city master plan for a zoo!

Dear me, it seems we're being visited by ghosts of mafias past! It seems we've got another strange third party role among us this game. I think we need to summon a meeting of the high council! What? That's not a thing anymore? Well, I'm founding the Friendship Council. You're all invited to have a seat on the Friendship Council!

Oh, that gold over there is very shiny! 

10 hours ago, Wyeth Walrus said:

I judge that I would.  But perhaps I’d be distracted by the need to root out our enemies.

Urf! bad formatting. Can’t change my words!
I judge I won’t be using many tags.

But we don't know if you're crazy. We know the man in the hat is.

1 hour ago, Evren Elephant said:

We don't have room in the city master plan for a zoo!

How do we not have room? I want a zoo! I'll buy one myself if I have to. And Matt Damon can run it!

Meow. Good morning, where's my milk? Caylin, be a dear....

So we not only have nasty loyalists to deal with but there's some maniac running around with some weird absorber role who gives out actions and those actions are not necessarily all that helpful. :sceptic: This sounds horribly complicated, and I can feel a migraine coming on.

12 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Why is the boat is filled almost completely with short-haired animals?  I need some hair to twiddle!

Hack!

Hack!

Hack!

A hairball for you to play with. You're welcome. 

11 hours ago, Maddock Monkey said:

Do we not have some speech therapists in the party? Poor Lyev couldn't even understand Omrom and now Maddock sounds afflicted.

4 hours ago, Keyarra Crocodile said:

Whatever the case, it sounds like it has the potential to go horribly wrong.

This, I think, is the only thing we can be sure of right now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some licking to do. Meow.

8 minutes ago, Calissa Cat said:

Do we not have some speech therapists in the party? Poor Lyev couldn't even understand Omrom and now Maddock sounds afflicted.

I know like sewiouswy-... oh fwuck mwe...

13 minutes ago, Calissa Cat said:

Meow. Good morning, where's my milk? Caylin, be a dear....

Well... alright. But you better not look! I get nervous.

56 minutes ago, Priella Pig said:

Oh, that gold over there is very shiny! 

Very shiny indeed. I see a couple items I haven't got in my collection yet. Do you think we'll get to keep some of these decorations after we find the Loyalists and clean up the ship? That'd be great, I'd love to complete my gold collection, I mean there's always something new to collect but I try to get close as much as I can. Will the ship be dismantled to build our new homes, can we use the decorations then? 

Will the Loyalists get some of those roles tonight along with the rest of us? That'd mean extra actions for them, right? What is the point of us having 2 framers, it makes no sense to me that a Defector would want to frame anyone...I'm very confused by all of this.

13 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

I don't smell like a farmyard! You do! Believe me, you do. Or a zoo.

If you keep this up, I'll fling something at you...

12 hours ago, Wyeth Walrus said:

You too, Eggman.

1 hour ago, Pembroke Panda said:

What is the point of us having 2 framers, it makes no sense to me that a Defector would want to frame anyone...I'm very confused by all of this.

Isn't it obvious? We don't know how this trickster person wins. It's possible they could win with us or with the scum - the door is left open in the rules and we of course aren't privy to their role PM. The trickster may accidentally give or may even want to give the framing action to a scum to fuck with both investigators (since a frame would mess with an insane cop as well as a sane one).

Since these actions seem all to be one-shot, I think our course of action should be to claim early and claim often. Perhaps the people given the investigation roles should stay quiet until tomorrow, but I think whoever is given a frame today (or any similarly anti-town action in coming days) should reveal it as early as possible. Let's put the scum into an awkward position - do they want to claim to have a frame or do they want to keep quiet?

1 hour ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Will the Loyalists get some of those roles tonight along with the rest of us? That'd mean extra actions for them, right? What is the point of us having 2 framers, it makes no sense to me that a Defector would want to frame anyone...I'm very confused by all of this.

My assumption is that the twickstew, being a neutral party, has no idea who's scum and who's town. If they get to choose who gets their items, as opposed to simply which items are administered at random, then odds are they'll try to play the field and sew as much chaos as possible. It's an interesting role while highly irksome because this setup in particular is going to benefit the scum more. I have some other theories about the setup now but none that I'll divulge as they're not actually useful. My guess is that this twickstew character can't win with either team. I also guess they have more up their sleeve than we've seen yet. 

More to the point, 2 framers multiplies the trickster's chances of giving one of them to a scum, which would benefit them by means of sewing chaos. If a townie gets it they should under NO circumstances use that thing. In fact the play may very well be to try to get the 2 framers to claim as such in thread as there's literally no way it could be helpful to us otherwise. If we do that in fact we could even give the night actions something to work off if they find out that someone had the framing kit and did not claim it but I'm getting ahead of myself and also going down a wild hypothetical.

Madness, death, destruction! This reminds me of the anals of history! Those who fail to read the history books are doomed to make the same mistakes as our forbearers you know! I should hope we found our new NEIGHtion in a manner that we may benefit from the wisdom of our past mistakes

3 minutes ago, Maddock Monkey said:

We don't know how this trickster person wins. It's possible they could win with us or with the scum - the door is left open in the rules and we of course aren't privy to their role PM.

Oh no wonder I was so confused, I thought the trickster was an NPC.   That makes a little more sense now, thanks. 

Just now, Maddock Monkey said:

Since these actions seem all to be one-shot, I think our course of action should be to claim early and claim often. Perhaps the people given the investigation roles should stay quiet until tomorrow, but I think whoever is given a frame today (or any similarly anti-town action in coming days) should reveal it as early as possible. Let's put the scum into an awkward position - do they want to claim to have a frame or do they want to keep quiet?

Wow! Are u sure you're a monkey and not a ninja? :tongue:

My concern in having one-shot recipients all claim today is that it could reduce the efficacy of our investigators, throwing them in danger of being blocked or simply killed. Also we don't know if we even have an investigator on our side and limiting the oneshot investigations could cripple us as a town. I agree that them claiming tomorrow could be a very interesting gambit which we should consider.

the framers however should claim now. 

4 minutes ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Oh no wonder I was so confused, I thought the trickster was an NPC.   That makes a little more sense now, thanks. 

I was under the same thoughts.