On 7/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Zerobricks said:

What if I told you we are working on this exact project uisng the motors which are same form factor as RC ones, but more powerful?

On 7/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, astyanax said:

Sorry for my confusion. Are you saying you're working on a remote-controlled Sian, or are you developing a new motor?

I think He is working on an RC Sian with same size/shape motors but better performing motors. If no one else wants to know about it, I do!!

On 7/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, 1963maniac said:

Buggy motors and Buwizz is the way to go, Kbalage is right along with many others. The Lego buggy motors are $100+ US, not cheap! You can get after market ones from China that are supposedly equal to the Lego performance and much cheaper. There are threads about both topics here on EB, just Google it.

I just bought two of those Chinese buggy motors for $20 CAD, including shipping, and so far they are impressive. I think they have performance similar to the original Lego ones, but for a tenth or so of the price! Yes, they may be worse quality than the Lego ones were originally, but I feel fairly confident that they are better than 15-year old, used Lego ones, at any rate.

One thing I tried to unlock more performance was buying a near-hobby grade electronics system. The whole setup (Remote, circuitboard, battery ,motor, and servo) cost me about $50, and has great power, but it is difficult to hook up to Lego, and even when you do, it is almost impossible to make a high-performance car, for the simple reason that the RPMs on the output axle are so high that a load will twist the axle in half. Not pretty.