Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Eight

GE14K8S.jpg

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts! Make sure you change your password!

Day Eight: Speaking of emotional...

XwbbeXb.jpg

It was late, and Aiden Leon was walking the port at night, patrolling for any signs of enemy activity.

IliYFv5.jpg

"Wait a second." he starts, turning away from the approaching figure. "It all makes sense to me now. I know everything!"

SwXkJ8v.jpg

He doesn't have the opportunity to explain his newfound revelations, as a comic axe swings through his neck, beheading him.

OqP0hfA.jpg

The figure runs off into the darkness.

eHNwdAv.jpg

FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

"WAKE UP HOST!"

FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

WC0vxVj.jpg

"I figured I would come down here and address you today." Governor Broadside said. "Trenton Monette was an Imperial Guard! But Aiden Leon was a Loyal Soldier. Keep up the good work!"

---

Day Eight has now begun! There are 72 hours left in this day. With 5 players, a majority of 3 is required to send someone to the firing line.

Players (5):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - NPC
5jmZSYC.jpg
Fred Dumont - Lieutenant
6gwcCbE.jpg
Peter Lyon - Lieutenant of the Fort
6vrQMD7.jpg
Emmett Ware - Soldier
dmaHAdw.jpg
Andrew Laurent - Soldier
3OazMdx.jpg
Vincent Denis - Tubist

The Dead:
AbBMdQJ.jpg
Remi Blaise - Blown to pieces on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
hCpWzHz.jpg
Michael Lavoie - Mod-killed on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
eym0u3t.jpg
Joshua Levitt - Executed on Day Two (Imperial Guard)
8omDvnY.jpg
Jean Pelley - Stabbed in the back on Night Two (Loyal Soldier)
eC1vqL5.jpg
Alex Howe - Shot on Day Three (Loyal Soldier)
EbeuZP5.jpg
Justin Reynaud - Executed on Day Four (Loyal Soldier
Iu2hDWN.jpg
Daniel Lucas - Struck by a wheel on Night Four (Loyal Soldier)
zwWiPUx.jpg
Fabien Bellamy - Shot on Day Five (Loyal Soldier)
jI6NjAe.jpg
Robin Tremblay - Stabbed on Night Six (Loyal Soldier)
K6YJ1K2.jpg
Trenton Monette - Executed on Day Seven (Imperial Guard)
YQUXzCd.jpg
Aiden Leon - Beheaded on Night Seven (Loyal Soldier)

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or an Imperial Guard. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. If the day length needs to be shortened at any time, I will make that decision.
      5a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads. You can only PM during the night phase, please, including scum.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please try to post every day!

11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account!

Just now, Fred Dumont said:

I blocked Aiden last night and received a successful result. Let’s see what Others actions are. I’ve got thoughts. 

Oh, good. Thanks, Fred. We definitely needed confirmation that Aiden didn't kill himself. :thumbup: Thanks!

*Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

Oh, good. Thanks, Fred. We definitely needed confirmation that Aiden didn't kill himself. :thumbup: Thanks!

*Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I'm just letting everyone know my result, Mr. Denis. And if he did kill himself, that would've been a shame. He had too much to live for.

2 minutes ago, Fred Dumont said:

I'm just letting everyone know my result, Mr. Denis. And if he did kill himself, that would've been a shame. He had too much to live for.

Yeah, I know what you were doing. It's just fun to make smartass comments, anyway. :pir-blush:

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma, fwomma fwomma fwomma, fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

A fascinating turn of events.

So, Andrew and Fred and I planned our actions for the night. Andrew was to block Peter, Fred was to block Aiden, and I was to track Fred, all as laid out by Andrew. I didn't trust it and announced that I would choose Vincent instead. I was fairly late to announce it and no one replied, so I have no doubt they had already submitted their actions by then.

I was unsuccessful. I've never been unsuccessful in a track before. We're only supposed to have 2 blockers, so one of them didn't do what they said they would and instead targeted me.

Which one though? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but let's hear from the class first.

*Fwomma fwomma fwom*

Unless Bob let the final Scum have a block and a kill, I would think that the Scum having both capabilities last night points to Fred blocking you and Peter killing Aiden. If they wanted the suspicion to stay on you and Andrew as the potential Scum team, they couldn't kill you. But they couldn't have you tracking them, either. So, they blocked you and killed Aiden. Were those your thoughts?

*Fwom fwooooom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Run away, I've got to *Fwom fwom* get away! *Fwom fwom fwoooom fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

Wait, wait. Andrew was supposed to block Peter, so that doesn't add up...

:pir-oh: Andrew and Peter????

Please, tell me that I was right with my first vote, the same vote that sent Daniel off for four Days about how Scummy I was and how "straightforward" and Townie Andrew was. Is that what you think happened? 

*Fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Tainted Love! *Fwom fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

Wait, wait. Andrew was supposed to block Peter, so that doesn't add up...

:pir-oh: Andrew and Peter????

Ding ding ding. Andrew thought I would follow his plan and track Fred, but even if I tracked you, it still initially makes it look like Fred. One lynch later, game over.

Alternately, they could have simply killed me, but then it would be a debate over who to blame today and they could have potentially lost that fight. This plan prevents that by giving them the kill last night and an easy lynch today.

Or at least that's what they thought would happen. We're not going to allow that, are we?

Let's start with the killer.

Vote: Peter Lyon

3 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

Ding ding ding. Andrew thought I would follow his plan and track Fred, but even if I tracked you, it still initially makes it look like Fred. One lynch later, game over.

Alternately, they could have simply killed me, but then it would be a debate over who to blame today and they could have potentially lost that fight. This plan prevents that by giving them the kill last night and an easy lynch today.

Or at least that's what they thought would happen. We're not going to allow that, are we?

Which is why the plan to ask Fred to target Aiden worked. :pir-sweet: Who thought of that? Did I think of that? Aw, doesn't matter really as long as the Scum die in the end. Sorry, Aiden. We set you up to be killed so we could keep Emmett as tracker. 

KP_03_004_CLIP3.jpg

like we should have two days ago but Andrew insisted on Aiden. :pir-hmpf: 

*Fwom fwooooooom fwom fwooooooooom*

I can't help myself. :pir-blush: I did think of it. Tee hee!

On 5/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, Vincent Denis said:

Having Fred block Aiden and saying you're going to track him should cause Andrew to kill Aiden to frame Fred, if Andrew is Scum. Then, that should save you.

Of course, if Emmet is Scum... blurdy-blur-blah, no. Funny that I didn't even identify the plan I came up with coming to fruition when Emmett announced he'd been blocked. :laugh: I guess it took me that long to imagine Andrew and Peter as a team. Anyway, file this under another Hin...um :pir-look: ... Vincent "look at me!" moment. :pir_laugh2:

:blush:

*Fwooooooooooom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma* :pir-sing: And we'll keep on fighting to the end! (*knock on wood to ward off premature celebration and karmic payback for over-confidence) *Fwom fwomma fwomma, fwom fwomma fwomm, fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma-fwom... fwomma fwom!*

Didn't I voice earlier I thought Andrew could be scum? Like in an earlier day thread? I'm totally ok with being used like this to get some scum. Like a (Harriet) slut(ter). Wait, what?

And I freaking said Peter Lyon was suspicious days ago, no?

2 minutes ago, Fred Dumont said:

Didn't I voice earlier I thought Andrew could be scum? Like in an earlier day thread? I'm totally ok with being used like this to get some scum. Like a (Harriet) slut(ter). Wait, what?

And I freaking said Peter Lyon was suspicious days ago, no?

Then you shouldn't have voted for Aiden two seconds after Andrew did, huh? Kind of hard to believe you find him Scummy if you jump in and vote right after him two days in a row. Also, how about chime in on one of the 50 posts I made that one of the blockers had to be lying. Actually, that's probably all my fault for posting so much and without being concise. Sooowy. :pir-blush: Also, in retrospect will be hilarious if I went to Andrew to back me up with my gambit to get Peter to admit he was the killer. :facepalm: Assuming we're correct, anyway. Also, assuming we're correct, sorry, Fred, for all the times I suspected you were the lying blocker. 

*Fwom fwomma fwomma* :pir-sing: Cuz we are (possibly) the champions *Fwom fwomma fwomma, fwom fwomma fwomma!*

Well this sucks. Suddenly Peter and I are being accused of being a scum team, just because I wasn't the first one to post today. So brace yourself for a Vincent-style wall of text. 

I blocked Peter. I was successful. I'd love to quote the PM to prove it, but that actually is prohibited in the rules. I'm tempted to break the rule anyway, but that would hand the game over to them since the any penalty votes would allow the 2 remaining scum could just vote for me and unstoppably force my lynch. 

So sorry, but you all have completely taken this wrong. Peter can't be the killer because I blocked him. I said I would and I did. 

I think Vincent is a lying scum. And Emmett is his scum buddy. Emmett is a scummy tracker, and Vincent is the scum killer. 

The ONLY "proof" that Vincent isn't a scum killer is Emmett's early claim to have tracked him and seen him do nothing. Emmett has been able to report otherwise truthful tracking results because he could just avoid tracking scum except for the night Trenton stayed home and so he tracked him then. Now he's claiming to be blocked to throw massive suspicion onto Fred and I. 

Last night Emmett threw an idea into the group PM with Fred and myself. He said he was going to track Vincent because he thought V was a serial killer. He thought that V was playing too aggressively for a survivor. I saw right through that - why would a serial killer play any more aggressively than a survivor? BOTH those roles would lay back and try to be non-suspicious, even as bulletproof. Neither would stand out, so why would Emmett ever make such an accusation to us? Go read up on Bulletproof on mafiawiki:

In games with Serial Killers and/or Vigilantes, one member of the Mafia is often made Bulletproof so as to grant the team some measure of protection from being routed at Night. As Townies are not generally Bulletproof, this is only a small respite as the shooter can find a way to claim a guilty result of some kind on the Bulletproof Mafioso.

Serial Killers are commonly one-shot Bulletproof to prevent them from being killed too early by the Mafia. However, they are also commonly given full Bulletproof as well, so the Mafia must think twice before trying to kill the Serial Killer again.

Townies with unlimited Bulletproof are very rare because they can generally only be killed by the lynch. 

So a bulletproof mafia goon is totally logical since we clearly did have a vigilante. All he had to do was play townie enough that we never tried to lynch him, and he clearly was successful at that. They've even admitted to scheming together - but instead of trying to catch one of the blockers, they were instead using that plan to frame me. They waited till Fred and I had sent our blocks in, then made up this plan that we could no longer stop. 

Fred, basically I'm talking to you. A little to Peter, but I'm sure he'll vote wherever I do since that's his only prayer of surviving today. Did Emmett's "late game twist" as he called it sound as fishy to you as it did to me? Yeah, I replied to him playing along to see if he could justify his nonsense accusation, and he never replied. Funny how my PM questions from 22 hours ago didn't get an answer, when clearly Emmett and Vincent have spent the day hitting refresh on the mafia forum. 

Vote: Vincent

You've played this town like a harp and it's time for that to end. 

To be clear, I think Vincent STARTED out as a bulletproof scum goon. Joshua then would have been the scum killer. When he was lynched, Vincent took the kill role and probably lost the bulletproof, but he'd already spent 2 days posting walls of text, so he had to keep that up or we would have known something changed.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Vote: Vincent

You've played this town like a harp and it's time for that to end. 

I have a last name and I play the tuba, bitch.

(I don't really think you're a bitch. :pir-wub: )

Thank you for making this easier for me. If you'd have said Fred and Emmett were a team, I'd just about kill myself trying to decide which pair of you are lying. Now I can sit back, relax and not post. :pir_laugh2: Yeah, right. That won't happen no matter what else happens.

So, you're saying both blockers are Town and Emmett and I have been lying all along. I suppose I can find quotes where you trust Emmett and maybe even where you show you know damn well I'm a neutral bulletproof Survivor, but if Emmett's reasoning for tracking me seemed off to anyone else, here you go: 

23 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

The reason I think this is the best plan is that if you actually track Andrew, we'll confirm if he blocked Peter or if he, himself, was blocked. In the case that Peter is the killer and kills Andrew, you'll know that he was blocked if he tracks nobody. If Peter kills you and Andrew reports being unsuccessful, I'm sure Fred will also say he's unsuccessful to try to pin it on Aiden. I'd imagine if Fred and Peter are Scum, they'll block and kill Andrew so he won't report being unsuccessful and they won't kill you because Fred will think you're tracking him. 

Wait, no. They'll kill you if they think you're tracking him and can confirm that he targeted someone else. Wait, is this a good plan? Maybe you suggest to them that you'll be tracking me to make sure I'm not a killer after all. What do you think?

So, addendum: this is the best plan to catch Andrew if he's Scum and the best way to get you killed if Fred is Scum. 

Emphasis added. Emmett and I came up with the plan to lie about who he'd be tracking. I'd post his responses, but he doesn't like people posting his PMs, so I'll leave that up to him. But, why would switching to me as a target make him Scum? And why would he pretend to be blocked when saying that you targeted Aiden would get you lynched? It would make a much better story if you accused Fred of killing Aiden, since he admitted to targeting him. But then, who would've blocked Emmett? You could've said you were blocked to implicate Fred, but that would implicate your buddy, Peter, as the killer. So, Fred, his post is only for you. It's the only story he could've told with what he had to work with, but you're the only one he can try to convince that he's not Scum, because you're the real blocker. 

I was getting stuck in my head going through scenarios of how Fred and Emmett could've worked together, or Emmett and Peter, before Andrew posted, but now I think we're lynching the right person and that should also give us the best idea of who to block tonight. 

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

1 hour ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Funny how my PM questions from 22 hours ago didn't get an answer, when clearly Emmett and Vincent have spent the day hitting refresh on the mafia forum. 

I woke up 5 minutes before I posted and my notifications only indicated the one from Bob giving me my results. No refreshing or anxiously waiting, I actually thought I was going to be dead, and when I read unsuccessful, I momentarily wondered if I had died and Bob forgot to write it, so I came to the day topic to check and all the pieces fell in place.

So here is what it comes down to. I know I'm not scum, so any theory including that is wrong. I know that someone blocked me from tracking and only 2 people have claimed that ability. That would make no sense for Fred to do, since he thought I was tracking Vincent and doing so would make both of them look guilty.

The only way this is wrong is if Fred is a genius and master manipulator. If that's the case, I will be both surprised and impressed. I would also be annoyed that the town block had a scum in it, either you or him, but I've suspected that from the beginning anyway.

So let's spend a moment in an alternate timeline where you arrive first. What would you have said that would be different?

What would I have said? I'd have said the truth - but I'd have been able to make my case first instead of poor Peter already having 3 votes on him before he or I could respond to the story you and Vincent spun. 

Vincent, why on earth would a theoretical scum-me and scum-Peter have killed Aiden? If I was scum last night I'd 100% had us kill off Emmett. No tracker means no one could tell what we did. The only logical reason that Emmett is still alive IS THAT HE IS SCUM. Whether the scum team is me and Peter, Fred and Peter, anyone other than Emmett, Emmett should have been killed last night. Why kill Aiden, the guy who can't do anything to interfere with the scum? The only reason is because Emmett is scum, you are scum. Killing Peter would have killed off your prime blame target. Killing off Fred would have killed off another. Killing me, ditto. You killed Aiden because that removes a townie from the numbers and left us as people for you to blame. 

I KNOW that Peter isn't the scum killer because I successfully blocked him last night. That's all I need to know - he's not the killer, therefore I had to look at other options. 

Fred, at this point I assume you're not scum. As I said, if you're scum, Emmett would be dead. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

poor Peter

:pir-hmpf: 

Vincent, why on earth would a theoretical scum-me and scum-Peter have killed Aiden? If I was scum last night I'd 100% had us kill off Emmett. No tracker means no one could tell what we did. The only logical reason that Emmett is still alive IS THAT HE IS SCUM. Whether the scum team is me and Peter, Fred and Peter, anyone other than Emmett, Emmett should have been killed last night. Why kill Aiden, the guy who can't do anything to interfere with the scum? The only reason is because Emmett is scum, you are scum. Killing Peter would have killed off your prime blame target. Killing off Fred would have killed off another. Killing me, ditto. You killed Aiden because that removes a townie from the numbers and left us as people for you to blame. 

I KNOW that Peter isn't the scum killer because I successfully blocked him last night. That's all I need to know - he's not the killer, therefore I had to look at other options. 

Fred, at this point I assume you're not scum. As I said, if you're scum, Emmett would be dead. 

If you're Town, which I admit I doubt, then you're voting for a neutral right now. If I were to be lynched today and there's two Scum, then the Town loses. If "Poor Peter"'s Town and there are two Scum and we lynch him, Town loses. 

I'm seriously going over all options still in my head, for sure. Obviously, I'm not going to go with your theory because I know I'm not Scum.

Let's look at how Aiden would've looked today if he were alive and Emmett were dead. Aiden would've been tracked targeting nobody on the night where Robin was killed and then blocked on the night Emmett was killed. Plus, he single-handedly caught Trenton, so none of us would lynch him today. Therefore, he's useless to the Scum. So, Aiden was a good choice, because now Scum is free of the ultra-verified Governor Townie who could un-lynch himself anyway. So, yeah, that's why you or anybody would kill Aiden over Emmett. That was less me setting him up to be the kill target as it was him just playing a good Town game. So, there's one reason.

I've got a whole post composed in my head of why we should/shouldn't suspect all of the remaining players, but in the interest of readability, I'll wait. 

*Fwomma fwom, fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: spins a web, any size, *Fwom fwom fwom, fwomma fwom*

2 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Vincent, why on earth would a theoretical scum-me and scum-Peter have killed Aiden? If I was scum last night I'd 100% had us kill off Emmett. No tracker means no one could tell what we did. The only logical reason that Emmett is still alive IS THAT HE IS SCUM.

Your plan was to kill Aiden while Fred was blocking him. If I had tracked Fred, as you wanted, I would have seen Fred target him and run here to declare him the killer. You would have gotten the kill on Aiden and a quick lynch on Fred and it would all be over, if we're guessing the numbers right. That's why you didn't kill me, you tried to use me.

And you'd have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids and their tuba.

*Fwomma fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma*

28 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

*Fwomma fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma*

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom from fwomma fwomma
Fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom
Fwom fwom fwom!*

Huh, wow.  I guess the scum are consistent... they went after Jean when Joshua was lynched and now go after Aiden when Trenton is taken out.

17 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

So, Andrew and Fred and I planned our actions for the night. Andrew was to block Peter, Fred was to block Aiden, and I was to track Fred, all as laid out by Andrew. I didn't trust it and announced that I would choose Vincent instead. I was fairly late to announce it and no one replied, so I have no doubt they had already submitted their actions by then.

I was unsuccessful. I've never been unsuccessful in a track before. We're only supposed to have 2 blockers, so one of them didn't do what they said they would and instead targeted me.

Which one though? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but let's hear from the class first.

All of that fits very nicely for you, but I was indeed blocked.  So Andrew's claim checks out.  That doesn't make him town.  So it's you and Andrew or Fred.  I think you're claiming to be blocked because you can no longer track and block and kill, and you didn't want to lose the blocking action.  So it's you and Andrew or Fred.

Andrew - If he's scum, he blocked me, which would make sense as you'd be worried that I could still catch you out.  I would've targeted you last night had I not been blocked.  You come in today and cast aspersions on me because even though Andrew will take some heat, you just need to get me lynched.  If he's town, you knew he was going to block me, then everything was fine as far as you were concerned.  You can come in and claim to have been blocked and throw both of us under the bus.

Fred - If he's scum, then you knew Andrew would block me and the townies were going at it and everything was fine.  He could block me just in case, and no one would know it wasn't Andrew.  Or he could have tried blocking Aiden in the hopes that if the kill did not go through, that Aiden could not have used his Governor action to save a townie from a lynch today.  If he's town, then you knew he was blocking the kill target and everything was fine.

16 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

*snipped*

This is all a bit of nonsense and putting the vote on Vincent ensures that everyone looks the other way from Emmett.  That certainly makes Fred look a bit better.

17 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Yes, please.

Vote: Emmett Ware

I'm not yet sure between Andrew and Fred, but we have to lynch Emmett today or we're going to hand this to the scum.

12 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

If you're Town, which I admit I doubt, then you're voting for a neutral right now. If I were to be lynched today and there's two Scum, then the Town loses. If "Poor Peter"'s Town and there are two Scum and we lynch him, Town loses. 

I'm seriously going over all options still in my head, for sure. Obviously, I'm not going to go with your theory because I know I'm not Scum.

Let's look at how Aiden would've looked today if he were alive and Emmett were dead. Aiden would've been tracked targeting nobody on the night where Robin was killed and then blocked on the night Emmett was killed. Plus, he single-handedly caught Trenton, so none of us would lynch him today. Therefore, he's useless to the Scum. So, Aiden was a good choice, because now Scum is free of the ultra-verified Governor Townie who could un-lynch himself anyway. So, yeah, that's why you or anybody would kill Aiden over Emmett. That was less me setting him up to be the kill target as it was him just playing a good Town game. So, there's one reason.

If I'm town, which I am, then I'm voting for a scum right now. Let me go over it again. I'm town. I blocked Peter last night, so he's not the scum killer. Who could be? Aiden's dead and town, so not him. Emmett? We've gotten tracking info from him. Fred we've gotten block info from. That leaves Vincent. And if Vincent is the killer, then Emmett is in on it since Emmett claims to have been blocked last night. Or Fred has to be in on it, having blocked Emmett. 

I initially said Emmett HAD to be the scum partner of Vincent, but I've since realized that's not quite true. My original reason was that Emmett reported V doing nothing night 1. Well, I think initially V was a bulletproof goon and Joshua was the killer. That means night 1 Vincent really DID do nothing. But either way, Vincent is the one constant who HAS to be scum as the only possibility for the killer. 

12 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Your plan was to kill Aiden while Fred was blocking him. If I had tracked Fred, as you wanted, I would have seen Fred target him and run here to declare him the killer. You would have gotten the kill on Aiden and a quick lynch on Fred and it would all be over, if we're guessing the numbers right. That's why you didn't kill me, you tried to use me.

And you'd have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids and their tuba.

Again, that's such a complicated leap. Why not just kill you and not have to worry about it? Your "swap what I'm doing" scheme was a failure because I saw right through it. It made no sense for you to accuse Vincent and change your tracking target. 

More importantly, you say I masterminded a scheme to have you "catch" Fred? Nope. Where did that list of actions come from? IT CAME FROM SCUMMY VINCENT!!!!! Here's the PM to prove it.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, Vincent Denis said:

You block Peter, Fred blocks Aiden, Emmett tracks Fred. Yes?

Or have Fred block me, doesn't matter. I don't buy that Aiden bussed Trenton. Yes, it's a possibility. But, Trenton was on his way to getting away with it. The conversation was leaning towards lynching Peter at that point? I don't know for sure, but I felt strongest that Fred and Peter were Scum at that point. Not sure how others felt. The day moved somewhat slow. 

Who knows, though? I've obviously lost my ability to read people. 

He had this whole scheme plotted out. Have the blocks and tracks, and then have you change your action at the last minute. You know, the more I think about it... I'm leaning more towards Vincent/Fred as the scum duo. I haven't gone through all the night actions to see if it works, but it might. 

Peter, wow, not even considering Vincent as scum? 

The more I consider it, I think Vincent is just having fun with us now. Playing us like a harp. Not a tuba - they're big and clunky and have no finesse. No, he's being trickier than a tuba. Loud like one, THAT he is doing. 

Vincent and Fred - Vincent kills, and Fred has been his scum buddy (to be fair, I've kept Vincent in the loop for several nights too since I wrongly trusted him). So it makes sense - last night, I'm betting Fred didn't send his action in till the last minute, to make sure Emmett was changing plans as suggested by Vincent. Fred blocked Emmett to throw suspicion on me AND to ensure that he couldn't actually track Vincent the killer. Clever... and you might just pull it off. You've played an impressive scum game, and now it all comes down to who is more trusted. The guy who hid his role for days, then lied about it, and is STILL lying about it. Or the one stuck with a weirdly named role but who has consistently helped the town try to catch scum. I voted early on Joshua. Would I have done that to a scum buddy, bussed him on day 2? You gotta be kidding me. 

Yesterday Vincent got screwed over by his scum mate Trenton - Vincent THOUGHT they could pull off fake PMs to protect Trenton, so he brought it up immediately with a vote, so Trenton could whip out the PMs. And then Vincent went, Oh wow, thanks, you're awesome. But he assumed he could unvote once he had a case on someone else. Instead, Aiden showed up and caught the fake PMs and Vincent was stuck. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

If I'm town, which I am, then I'm voting for a scum right now. Let me go over it again. I'm town. I blocked Peter last night, so he's not the scum killer. Who could be? Aiden's dead and town, so not him. Emmett? We've gotten tracking info from him. Fred we've gotten block info from. That leaves Vincent. And if Vincent is the killer, then Emmett is in on it since Emmett claims to have been blocked last night. Or Fred has to be in on it, having blocked Emmett. 

I initially said Emmett HAD to be the scum partner of Vincent, but I've since realized that's not quite true. My original reason was that Emmett reported V doing nothing night 1. Well, I think initially V was a bulletproof goon and Joshua was the killer. That means night 1 Vincent really DID do nothing. But either way, Vincent is the one constant who HAS to be scum as the only possibility for the killer. 

Again, that's such a complicated leap. Why not just kill you and not have to worry about it? Your "swap what I'm doing" scheme was a failure because I saw right through it. It made no sense for you to accuse Vincent and change your tracking target. 

More importantly, you say I masterminded a scheme to have you "catch" Fred? Nope. Where did that list of actions come from? IT CAME FROM SCUMMY VINCENT!!!!! Here's the PM to prove it.

He had this whole scheme plotted out. Have the blocks and tracks, and then have you change your action at the last minute. You know, the more I think about it... I'm leaning more towards Vincent/Fred as the scum duo. I haven't gone through all the night actions to see if it works, but it might. 

If I'm the killer why didn't I kill anybody on the night I wasn't blocked? And why would you not be considering Fred? If Fred's the last Scum, he'd inherit the kill after Trenton was lynched. If you blocked Trenton though, who killed Robin? Because Fred said he blocked Peter and Peter says he was blocked. Who'd you block that night? Trenton, right? Emmett tracked Aiden targeting nobody, so if we're supposed to believe you blocked Trenton, then I'm the only person you can pin it on, today. We have the same story. 

I have to admit that Peter's post has sent my brain reeling and broken my confidence in how I feel about Andrew's Scummy Scummy behavior. Like Hungry Hungry Hippos. Wait, what?

Spreadsheet time, mother-fuckers! :pir-angry: 

On 5/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Peter Lyon said:

My targets that I got results on for nights 1 to 3 were Justin, Fred, and Aiden.  Each of them came up negative, but as I understand my role, it can't be used to confirm townies so much as only identify scum who have yet to kill.

Are you guys even going to cite this as a reason to trust Fred? Why did I have to pull this out? If Peter is telling the truth, then Fred never had the ability to kill. If Peter is Scum, he's thrown Fred in the mix of his fake results. If he's Scum, he's telling the truth about Fred, who if he's Town, would know that that "result" would be accurate. I can barely follow that sentence myself. :pir_wacko:

I'm doing the spreadsheet but it's taking forever. Lot of shit going on here. :pir-laugh2:

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

10 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Vincent and Fred - Vincent kills, and Fred has been his scum buddy (to be fair, I've kept Vincent in the loop for several nights too since I wrongly trusted him). So it makes sense - last night, I'm betting Fred didn't send his action in till the last minute, to make sure Emmett was changing plans as suggested by Vincent. Fred blocked Emmett to throw suspicion on me AND to ensure that he couldn't actually track Vincent the killer. Clever... and you might just pull it off. You've played an impressive scum game, and now it all comes down to who is more trusted. The guy who hid his role for days, then lied about it, and is STILL lying about it. Or the one stuck with a weirdly named role but who has consistently helped the town try to catch scum. I voted early on Joshua. Would I have done that to a scum buddy, bussed him on day 2? You gotta be kidding me. 

Damn. This is going to merge into a wall of text. Poop.

Anyway, no. No no no no no no. You can't believe I'm working with Fred if you believe Peter is Town because Peter cleared Fred of being Scum with his Action. So, you have to stick to me and Emmett. 

*Fwom*

2 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Yesterday Vincent got screwed over by his scum mate Trenton - Vincent THOUGHT they could pull off fake PMs to protect Trenton, so he brought it up immediately with a vote, so Trenton could whip out the PMs. And then Vincent went, Oh wow, thanks, you're awesome. But he assumed he could unvote once he had a case on someone else. Instead, Aiden showed up and caught the fake PMs and Vincent was stuck. 

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom*

Right, and Vincent PMed Robin, Aiden, Emmett and you to point out that Trenton hadn't posted the PMs and we were all idiots for not asking for them. Then, when he posted only Remi's side of the conversation, asked for the other side of the conversation and left his vote on him the whole time. For getting screwed over by Trenton, I really set the ball in motion on behalf of getting myself screwed over by it. Boy, do I feel dumb now! :sarcasm_hmpf:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dgAbYCgXBNTcJ5v_GbYz-1YMZqFJw40ZJ7cAhHOFLoc/edit?usp=sharing

There's my spreadsheet, night action and voting analysis. Here are my conclusions:

1. Fred cannot be Scum alone if Peter is Town.

If Peter is Town, he got the Psychologist result of negative on Night Two, meaning Fred did not have an unused killing ability at that time. We have proof through confirmation that Fred has the ability to block, so if Peter is Town, then the result is true and Fred is unable to be a killer. Period.

2. Emmet could be a killer.

For this to be true, it takes a lot of what-ifs, but I'll try to make it concise.

a. Emmett is the killer and the last Scum remaining. Emmett started as Scum Tracker and after Joshua was lynched, he was in the Town Block so he could track while Trenton sat around doing nothing. In this scenario, the Scum could move their kill around and Trenton killed Jean while Emmett tracked Daniel, who he saw targeting Robin, which we all have confirmation on. The other possibility is that the Scum see their results at the same time and Emmett has been the killer the whole time, getting the tracking information from Trenton's results. This would mean Andrew did block Trenton and Emmett was able to guess the result that Aiden tracked nobody, based on Aiden repeatedly telling us that he doesn't target anyone. Having the knowledge of who has been blocked, Emmett could frame three non-Scum as killers knowing that three of them were targeted for blocks in one night. If this is the case, he could continue the gambit when Peter was thrown into the mix. Not voting for a couple of days makes it harder to analyze his votes. If Emmett is Scum alone, then we can afford to lynch Peter. If Peter flips Town, then Emmett is Scum.

b. Emmett and Andrew are working together. Andrew blocked Peter to prove he was a blocker and get confirmation from Peter that he was blocked. Emmett pretended to be blocked but actually killed Aiden. This gave them the opportunity to confuse us by going after each other and putting some distance between the two of them. If this is the case, we can solve both conundrums by lynching Andrew instead of Peter. If Emmett and Andrew are working together, lynching Peter gives them the win. If we lynch Andrew and he flips Scum and the game continues, we can decipher from there who Andrew was working with by hoping that Fred blocks the right person. 

3. Andrew and Peter are Scum

Andrew can't be Scum alone. Unless, for some reason, Bob has gone back to giving the final Scum a block and a kill. That's the only way he could be Scum alone. Block Emmett, kill Aiden. For the Scum team to have been Joshua, Trenton, Andrew, Peter–Andrew had to have lied about blocking Trenton. Trenton killed Robin while Fred blocked Peter. Maybe the Scum have a blocker and then some goons to pass the kill around between. There's no standard on the Scum setup and their ability to pass Actions around so we can't be sure. The only explanation besides Emmett killing Robin is that Andrew lied about blocking Trenton, freeing him up to kill. Robin was a protector (only I knew he was a seraph knight) and told Emmett that he found him to be the most important person in the game. With this knowledge, I find it hard to believe that Emmett would kill Robin. But if Andrew and Peter want to get rid of the Tracker, they can't have him protected by a Seraph Knight, which Andrew defined for us, then forgot he did so in a guess of what Robin's protection limitations were.

Andrew has also voted in a prime Scum slot every day except for his Scummy vote on Joshua. He can hold up his vote for Joshua as a badge of Towniness all he wants. The vote even pinged Jean. Second is a safe place to vote for a Scum buddy and I'd hardly call that bussing. Especially when the rest of the momentum was swinging towards Daniel. Once Daniel claimed and Jean started pressing for people to vote Joshua, it would've looked super Scummy to unvote Joshua at that point. 

Lastly, I'll point out that while the Scum could've sat back and not killed on the nights we didn't see a kill, I was bulletproof and protected by Daniel on Night Three, Emmett was protected by Robin on Nights Four and Five. And then Robin was killed on Night Six. Looks to me like somebody might've wanted to kill Emmett.

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom*

Trenton targeting Emmett on Night Four would make sense with Peter being blocked, Robin protecting Emmett and Emmett tracking Trenton with the result of "no target." 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, Andrew Laurent said:

$%^#$%#$%!!!!!

#$%^#$%^!

Seriously, a kill and the game isn't over yet? Well, that tells us one thing. We didn't start with a neutral AND 4 scum. If we had, we'd be at 3 town, 3 scum, and 1 neutral right now and day 7 wouldn't exist. So either there were only 3 scum, or Vincent is actually town. 

Yeah, I think Andrew lied about blocking Trenton and thought Robin's death would give them the win and the conclusion would be up, thus the swearing at the start of Day Seven. 

@Fred Dumont Do you think we should switch to Andrew? That would be the safest lynch in case my second possibility listed above is true. @Emmett Ware would you be willing to switch to Andrew so that Fred and I can feel safe that there will be a Day Nine? @Peter Lyon Would you be willing to vote for Andrew? If Emmett is Scum, he's either working alone or with Andrew. In that case, even if Andrew is Town, there will be a Day Nine for us to get Emmett. I don't see a scenario where you would be Scum working alone, so if Andrew flips Town, it's most likely Emmett that is the remaining Scum. 

*Fwooooooooooom*