Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Seven

Just now, Bob said:

No. The scum would not outright outnumber due to a hypothetical neutral.

Did you hypothetically have to clarify that for the Scum team this morning and were they all hypothetically grumpy about it?

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

Robin said he was in contact with Emmett but hadn't shared his role with him. This makes me think Emmett knew he was being protected, though I'm not sure. Emmett wouldn't kill Robin if he was being protected by him.

That's odd because he contacted me to specifically ask if I wanted him to protect me, so he clearly had shared his role. :laugh:

Check back and I'm fairly certain I mentioned it somewhere, specifically the fact that I told him that I didn't think I was important enough to protect and to maybe pick one of the more invisible players who could be considered easier targets. I remember he didn't protect me that night, but then started after that when it became clear that I was about the only role left with any kind of information gathering ability, as minimal as it is. I miss him. :sad: 

And no, I wouldn't kill Robin if he was protecting me. Or if he wasn't. I can't kill or get people killed. If I could have, he-who-shall-not-be-named-but-who-was-useless would have been gone by night 2.

1 minute ago, Emmett Ware said:

If I could have, he-who-shall-not-be-named-but-who-was-useless would have been gone by night 2.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

If I could have, he-who-shall-not-be-named-but-who-was-useless would have been gone by night 2.

My name is Vincent, thank you. :pir-tongue:

I'm more inclined to believe that Andrew and Trenton are Scum before I'd believe you're in the mix. I was leaning more towards Fred/Peter being a team, but since Andrew reacted like:

tenor.gif

I'm not so sure now.

The reason I think there's 3 including Trenton is because it seems the Scum were sitting at home instead of killing. Why'd they choose to kill? Because they thought it would be the Conclusion today. I've been burned by digging into theories before so perhaps I should calm down. But I never will. :pir-blush:

Does nobody else feel like speculating? Andrew and Emmet just came in, snipped out everything I'd said except for their specific parts in it and left. Any other thoughts about what could be going on, you two? You both chose quotes from me that were actually speculating you're not Scum.

*Fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwomma, Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwomma* :pir-sing: Que necesita un boca de gracia *Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwomma fwom fwomma*

56 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Uuuuuuuum...this response is a little lackluster. I'm not asking that everyone post walls of text like me, but after what I laid out, your response is "Sure," ??

If you're looking at the game from a perspective that both blockers are Town, which you have said repeatedly today that you think it's possible the Scum don't have a blocker, who would be the killer in that scenario? I think it's really important that you explore that, because I can't come up with a killer outside of me, Aiden or Emmett, and I'd imagine if Emmett is a killer, he's your scum-buddy. You think both blockers and Emmett are Town. So, is Trenton the last Scum? How'd Robin die then?

*Fwomma*

I am not 100% sure that Fred is town, no. He's acted overall very townie, so if he's scum he's done a great job hiding it. I'm also not including scenarios where I'm a scum since it's not true. You'll have to investigate those yourself.

Here's my analysis of the night kills, ignoring all the dead townies since they're obviously not the scum killer. 

Night 6, with a scum kill, the killer could have been Vincent, Aiden (if he has a ninja ability), Aiden (if Emmett lied), or Peter (if Fred lied). I've said I don't think Emmett is scum, so that one possibility is probably off the table. 

Night 5, with no scum kill, the killer could have been Aiden (blocked by me), Peter (blocked by Fred since Fred was tracked by Emmett), or Vincent (not using kill to confuse us)

Night 4, with no scum kill, the killer could have been Aiden (not using or tried to kill a protected Emmett), Peter (blocked by me), or Vincent (blocked  by Fred). 

Night 3, with no scum kill, the killer could have been Aiden (not using it), Peter (not using it), or Vincent (jailed).

Night 2, with a scum kill, the killer could have been Aiden, Peter, or Vincent. 

Night 1, with a scum kill, the killer could have been Aiden, Joshua, Peter (since fred was unsuccessful in blocking him since I blocked Fred), or Vincent (if he has a ninja ability or Emmett lied). 

Going through all that, Aiden is the one who could POSSIBLY be a scum killer without anyone lying for him - if he has some ninja ability so he wasn't see last night. Or you, but I believe your 3rd party claim. Aiden is the only possibility I see if we started with 3 scum. 

If we started with 4 scum, then it could be Aiden/Emmett (doubt that) or Peter/Fred (but that means that either Fred tried to block his teammate on night 1, why would he do that, or Fred lied in his claim to have blocked him and probably actually tried to block one of the early dead. He was unsuccessful (because I blocked him) and perhaps thought it was a good time therefore to CLAIM to have blocked his teammate).

Out of all that, if I'm placing a vote for the lynch after Trenton, I'm going Aiden and blocking Peter. That way if Aiden is the scum, it's probably over, and if we're wrong, he can unlynch himself and Peter won't be able to kill anyone (unless Fred blocks me from blocking Peter, but then I'll be able to report I was unsuccessful). 

8 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Does nobody else feel like speculating? Andrew and Emmet just came in, snipped out everything I'd said except for their specific parts in it and left. Any other thoughts about what could be going on, you two?

The early game taught me to only read the parts with my name in them. Even spelled incorrectly.

My only legitimate idea at this point would require reviewing every post Trenton ever made and finding where he slipped up and we missed it. I have no doubt it happened, even if it was subtle. Somewhere is a tiny bit of support for the wrong person, or a clear attempt at guiding us in the wrong direction, and that would be very revealing.

Who is up for a review of the entire game thus far? I bet I can guess who! It's Vincent! See? I can say your name.

Fucking hypothetical neutrals.

>-:hmpf: >

Strikethrough lets you put an arrow through your head. I feel like I've learned something useful here.

1 minute ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Out of all that, if I'm placing a vote for the lynch after Trenton, I'm going Aiden 

So Aiden is currently bussing Trenton? None of us noticed that the PMs were fake and Aiden swoops in and busses his teammate, towards the end of the game, because why??

Are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face.jpg

*Fwooooooooooooooooooom*

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

Who is up for a review of the entire game thus far? I bet I can guess who! It's Vincent! See? I can say your name.

Fucking hypothetical neutrals.

>-:hmpf: >

Strikethrough lets you put an arrow through your head. I feel like I've learned something useful here.

I did that yesterday. Use Ctrl + F to find "Tristan."

*Fwooooooooooooooom*

If we could rule out Emmet, then this would all come down to Andrew or Fred. I think...

If Peter and Andrew are scum together, Peter would have found out from Andrew that Vincent's was setting a trap for him. What does Peter's reaction. along with him bringing it up this morning, say about the posibility of him being scum with Andrew? 

14 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

If we could rule out Emmet, then this would all come down to Andrew or Fred. I think...

You also play by only finding your name? I've already said that.

*Fwooooooooooom*

18 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

Who? :wacko:

Ctrl + F "Tristan" in today's thread, just do it. Jesus... :pir-hmpf:

Part of me is shocked and disheartened to find out that people play this way. The other part of me needs to come to terms with the fact that my posting style is a contributing factor to it.

How do you expect to solve the puzzle here if you're only looking for when people mention your name?

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma* Ctrl + F "fwom," bitches.

7 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

So Aiden is currently bussing Trenton? None of us noticed that the PMs were fake and Aiden swoops in and busses his teammate, towards the end of the game, because why??

Admittedly, that's where it possibly falls apart. Maybe Aiden figured Trenton was busted as soon as Vincent started asking for PMs and bussed. If he assumed that someone would find it, it might as well be him getting the credit. I'm also heavily weighing into it that Aiden is the one person that is safe to be wrong about - he can resurrect himself if he's telling the truth. 

7 hours ago, Aiden Leon said:

If Peter and Andrew are scum together, Peter would have found out from Andrew that Vincent's was setting a trap for him. What does Peter's reaction. along with him bringing it up this morning, say about the posibility of him being scum with Andrew? 

If it's not Emmett or you, then yes, it basically has to be a Fred vs Andrew call. And since we've both demonstrated our block ability, we'd have to be partnered with Peter. (and there. All 7 of our names in this post, so EVERYONE will read it even with a Ctrl-F playstyle...)

39 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Maybe Aiden figured Trenton was busted as soon as Vincent started asking for PMs and bussed.

Yeah but then this was Vincent after Trenton posted part of his fake PM.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:32 PM, Vincent Denis said:

I buy this. Thank you. You're beautiful. :pir-wub: Also, Remi's a nerd. Who says "Ahoy there?" :pir-hmpf: Dork. If a tubist calls you a dork you've got some serious life assessment to consider. It would help round out the reality if we could see your PMs to him? Just to channel Daniel and be annoyingly thorough. :pir-blush: Sorry...

All signs point to Peter and Fred.

43 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

I'm also heavily weighing into it that Aiden is the one person that is safe to be wrong about - he can resurrect himself if he's telling the truth. 

With the amount of players left, we don't have the privilege to be testing townies.

I think we can all use some sleep...

Aiden bussing Trenton seems pretty unlikely to me at this point.  Certainly not if there's only 1 scum left.

What's this Ctrl-F thing you speak of?  Is it like Command-F?

8 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

I think we can all use some sleep...

Aiden bussing Trenton seems pretty unlikely to me at this point.  Certainly not if there's only 1 scum left.

What's this Ctrl-F thing you speak of?  Is it like Command-F?

Yes, in our world it's:

HUpbRvEcRbjwFzQLQlSFxMpnnUHYhqWfoqgLajUy + F

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwomma fwomma, fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma, fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away *fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwoooooooom*

If we had the option, I'd say we should end the day early.

In the mean time, I'm curious what Fred and Peter think (And Emmett for that matter): If both blockers are telling the truth, and Trenton and Peter were both blocked last night, who do you think killed Robin?

*Fwomma fwom*

2 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

If both blockers are telling the truth

I highly doubt that. :pir-sceptic:

I'm leaning in one direction on that, but it's probably going to come down to a guess in the end.

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

I highly doubt that. :pir-sceptic:

I'm leaning in one direction on that, but it's probably going to come down to a guess in the end.

Hey, question Emmett - what was the actual name of your role? I'm curious, since I'm obviously slightly scummier looking since I claimed second... but I noticed that most of the role claims we have are "weird" named - governor (not a common role), vanillaizer, seraph knight, bulletproof survivor, etc. So are you actually a "tracker" or did you get a more unusual name? 

2 minutes ago, Fred Dumont said:

I have no idea who killed Robin. The other Leon/lyon? That's been my thought the whole day though.

How can you wonder that if you blocked Lyon?

*Fwom*

2 hours ago, Andrew Laurent said:

So are you actually a "tracker" or did you get a more unusual name? 

Just tracker. Good thing, too, I have never heard of half of these bullshit variations. It did make me wonder if there could be a second form of tracker out there, but I've seen no evidence of that.