Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Seven

*Fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

Yeah, thanks Andrew, for not being Scum and telling us that Aiden killed Robin.

So, are Trenton and Andrew a Scum team? Is it either Peter and Fred or Trenton and Andrew? What the fuck? Can we have an Action that tells us if someone is Scum or not? This blocky-tracky thing isn't working. :pir-sceptic: Like someone who ...like, investigates... a player? Like a Jean? :pir-hmpf_bad: Stupid Jean, getting killed early. 

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom* :pir-sing: A little less conversation, a little more action, please...wait, is that directed at me? :pir-cry_sad: *Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

4 hours ago, Trenton Monette said:

I am NOT lying. I asked the host whether I can quote PMs to another player and he said I couldn’t. 

We can quote PMs in the day thread but not between each other.

You’ve fundamentally misunderstood that Ruke Vincent

If you’re so unsure of my claim PM the host and ask him whether we can share PMs we’ve had with one player with another player in private, he’ll tell you exactly the same thing he told me.

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom*

Apologies. I did fundamentally misunderstand the Ruke. Bob said we can't post screen caps but you could've quoted the PMs to me in private and you can definitely post them now. So, could you please? It will help us get a clearer picture of the game. Thanks!

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma*

Ok, some clarification on the whole PM ruke. :grin: When I asked Bob about the rule I only asked about screenshots not quotes. So I apologise. That was an error on my wording. Now for those quotes you wanted Vincent:

On 4/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Ahoy there Trenton! I believe we are the Town Masons. Looks like our host has allowed us to communicate during the day as well as the night! Have you ever had experience as a mason before?

He sent me this first before Day One started. Essentially setting up the PM chat. Then during Day One I got this:

On 4/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Fair enough. Without trying to reveal too much I've played a while here but never mason before. I'm not sure I agree with Andrew's remark about not relying on Night actions. Though I'm not getting any scum tells on anyone just yet. 

And then this:

On 4/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Yeah I agree. People seem to be throwing their votes around like crazy. I've also just seen the Vincent/Daniel drama that seems to be unfolding. I feel like there could be a scum here maybe? Or possibly just two townies.

And then he stopped communicating with me. Given he didn't say much at all for the rest of the day I'm assuming he had RL stuff. But that's all I know. Like I said I'm a mason. 

Just now, Trenton Monette said:

Ok, some clarification on the whole PM ruke. :grin: When I asked Bob about the rule I only asked about screenshots not quotes. So I apologise. That was an error on my wording. Now for those quotes you wanted Vincent:

He sent me this first before Day One started. Essentially setting up the PM chat. Then during Day One I got this:

And then this:

And then he stopped communicating with me. Given he didn't say much at all for the rest of the day I'm assuming he had RL stuff. But that's all I know. Like I said I'm a mason. 

*Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

I buy this. Thank you. You're beautiful. :pir-wub: Also, Remi's a nerd. Who says "Ahoy there?" :pir-hmpf: Dork. If a tubist calls you a dork you've got some serious life assessment to consider. It would help round out the reality if we could see your PMs to him? Just to channel Daniel and be annoyingly thorough. :pir-blush: Sorry...

All signs point to Peter and Fred.

*Fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Spinning wheel's got to go round! *Fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwoooom fwooooooooooooooooom*

Right so then we're left with Peter, Fred, and Vincent.

If Vincent is scum is he scum with Fred and/or Peter? Could he be a stand alone scum? 

I think I still prefer the Peter & Fred scum team. Should've lynched Peter yesterday people. :angry:

1 minute ago, Peter Lyon said:

Vincent... when did Aiden "guess" your role?

On 4/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, Aiden Leon said:

I was kinda thinking you might be a PGO trying to bait scum into killing you.

Just now, Peter Lyon said:

Vincent... when did Aiden "guess" your role?

April 20th at 5:32 PM, Central Daylight Time

On 4/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Vincent Denis said:

Totally not looking for a claim out of you, but if you're a protector, please don't target me, I'd rather die.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, Aiden Leon said:

I was kinda thinking you might be a PGO trying to bait scum into killing you.

On 4/20/2020 at 6:20 PM, Vincent Denis said:

That's one of a few possibilities. I hope the scum don't come to the same conclusion you do and now I really really hope you're not scum because that would mean that's what they think.

*redacted as it's more Daniel trashing*

And then...

On 4/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, Aiden Leon said:

If you get lynched tommorow, do you want it to stay that way? 

On 4/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, Vincent Denis said:

I'll let you decide that if you see my roleclaim and believe me. Governor, I take it?

I am really hoping Justin flips scum. Do you think he won't? This is the second thing you've said that makes me think you don't think he will flip scum.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, Aiden Leon said:

Yeah.

I feel pretty good about it, but I wanted to check with you in case he flips town and you get lynched and don't wanna be unlynched. :laugh:

On 4/25/2020 at 9:19 AM, Vincent Denis said:

Yeah, I'm tempted to just leave the game. I'm so frustrated. *redacted-more Daniel trashing*

For what it's worth, since you would be the one to save me from a potential lynch and you've pretty much already guessed it, I'm bulletproof. That's it. Nothing huge, but I'd really been hoping I could tempt the scum into killing me and waste their night kill.

*redacted because it's 10 paragraphs making a case why Daniel might be scum*

Any other questions, Peter-with-the-sexy-beard? Fred's is better, but still.

*Fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwom, fwoooma, fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwom, fwoooma fwom* :pir-sing: The hurtin's on me, yeah. I can never be free now, baby, no, no *Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* And you broke it, you broke it. *Fwom fwom, fwomma fwomma fwom, fwomma fwom*

So last night you, Vincent, came to me, convinced I'm the scum killer, with an offer to help strongarm a kill through.  You're not trying to help us anymore, you're trying to help the scum.  You see the numbers dwindling and you're trying to figure out how to get the scum win completed.  Your logic that Fred and I are the remaining scum doesn't hold water given the kill last night with Fred blocking me.  Of course Fred could be lying about the block but he was tracked the night before blocking me.

We can't be at 3:3:1 because that would be parity.  Parity in the rules clearly refers to the town and the scum as the third party component of the rules comes after that.  Parity implies that the warring factions (town and scum) are even.  If you're really a neutral survivor, you should have won already if there's 3 scum remaining.  We have to be at 4:2:1 or 4:3, with you lying and having set up the bulletproof survivor as an early possible scum claim because you knew you'd need it later.

What do I think we should do if it's 4:2:1 or 4:3?  Well, there's a couple of options.  In either case, lynching Vincent is a good option.  In the first case, yes, we'd very possibly be down to 3:2 tomorrow, but at least we don't have to worry about where Vincent's motivation lies.  In the second, we've caught out a lying scum.  However, I think it's less likely that Vincent is scum because why would he come to me at night.  He nearly got me lynched yesterday.  Maybe he was hoping for an odd reaction that could be used to get that lynch through.  So I lean towards the 4:2:1 scenario.

So if it's 4:2:1, then who's most likely to be in the 2?  Well, the first person is naturally Aiden for the same reasons that they both keep pushing on me.  Aiden has been blocked when there was no kill.  However, today, when we had a kill, Aiden wasn't blocked.  What about Emmett's tracker result?  Well there's two possible explanations.  First, Emmett is a scum tracker who's lying.  Second, Aiden is a ninja who can be blocked but not tracked.  That would be consistent with all the night action results that we have.

Right now, you're got it set up nicely.  You're planning to lynch me today, kill tonight, and then lynch Fred tomorrow.  Game over, scum wins.  What we need to do today is follow through on the player you've inexplicably and repeatedly given a total free pass to, and that's Aiden.  If he's truly a governor, he can stop today's lynch.  I think you've either been trying to win with him for some time now or you confirmed it last night with a similar PM to the one you sent to me.  Since you already had rapport, you just buddied up while we imploded lynching ourselves.

I think the first thing we do is test Aiden's governor claim, and then lynch Vincent tomorrow pending no clearer answers from Emmett or the blockers.

Vote: Aiden Leon

Just now, Peter Lyon said:

Vote: Aiden Leon

This means we're not in lylo and scummy Pete is trying to get more night kills.

5 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

Your logic that Fred and I are the remaining scum doesn't hold water given the kill last night with Fred blocking me.  Of course Fred could be lying about the block but he was tracked the night before blocking me.

Yeah I'm assuming Fred new who else was being blocked and tracked. Still waiting to hear from Andrew.

7 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

So last night you, Vincent, came to me, convinced I'm the scum killer, with an offer to help strongarm a kill through.  You're not trying to help us anymore, you're trying to help the scum.  You see the numbers dwindling and you're trying to figure out how to get the scum win completed. 

Bruh wtf is going on in this game? Why would Vincent say that if he new you could show it to everyone in the morning? And why would you say this if you could be proven to be lying? Did he think you were scum that much? Or are you scum and you're gonna use this to make yourself look townie? Or are you both scum and this is some wierd bullshit?

11 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

Right now, you're got it set up nicely.  You're planning to lynch me today, kill tonight, and then lynch Fred tomorrow.  Game over, scum wins. 

Wait is he third party or scum? Wtf? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Also if you think he's third party (or maybe you think he's scum? wtf?), then you should be lynching scum. 

13 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

Either way you need to post the PM. Why didn't you do it when you posted? 

I know one thing, if someone sent me a PM suggesting anything underhanded, first thing I'd do is run here and get the word out, so this pings a little like someone trying to redirect suspicion away from themselves without planning it out well.

15 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

So last night you, Vincent, came to me, convinced I'm the scum killer, with an offer to help strongarm a kill through.  You're not trying to help us anymore, you're trying to help the scum.  You see the numbers dwindling and you're trying to figure out how to get the scum win completed.  Your logic that Fred and I are the remaining scum doesn't hold water given the kill last night with Fred blocking me.  Of course Fred could be lying about the block but he was tracked the night before blocking me.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I came to you at night and offered you what now? To strongarm your kill? That's crazy. That is such a blatant lie, you Scum! I can't even do such a thing.

Oh, wait. You mean this?

On 5/4/2020 at 11:43 AM, Vincent Denis said:

I have something that may help you if you are the killer, which I'm pretty sure you are. While I want to find the Scum because I don't know who they are, Bob made me neutral so I should play the game he set up. I have a one-shot ability to target someone and make their action strongarm. If we're not lynching people now and there's no kill, this fucking game is going to last forever, and I'm over it.

Want me to target you tonight? If you are the killer, it will break the block. If you're Town, well then my ass is getting lynched tomorrow. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

I still think you've known I was neutral since Day Two and I'm dying to find out how.

Oh, right. I forgot. Well, I did. I offered to target you so that you could break free from the blockers and be free to kill. And you didn't take me up on the offer. This must be shocking news to everyone. Well, Aiden didn't seem to mind at all, but anyway, everyone must be shocked. Except Andrew:

On 5/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Vincent Denis said:

Did you think Peter or Aiden would've been the best lynch?

I've also had an idea. What if I approached Peter and said I had some sort of something to help them, like a day kill or one-shot strongarm modifier I could use on him, which by the way I do not have anything I can actually do, so don't freak out. The plan would be to see if they would go along with it and basically get a confession that they're scum. I hardly think it would work as they would probably see right through it. Especially since Fred said I "ping his as town," whatever that means. But I think the best person to try it on would be Peter anyway. It's worth a shot, right?

What do you think of Fred at this point? 

Poor Andrew was very busy last night as that's where most of my walls of text went. There's a lot more than just this. But, in the mean time, let's go back to what you were saying:

20 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

In either case, lynching Vincent is a good option.  In the first case, yes, we'd very possibly be down to 3:2 tomorrow, but at least we don't have to worry about where Vincent's motivation lies.  In the second, we've caught out a lying scum.  However, I think it's less likely that Vincent is scum because why would he come to me at night.  He nearly got me lynched yesterday.  Maybe he was hoping for an odd reaction that could be used to get that lynch through.  So I lean towards the 4:2:1 scenario.

Your reaction wasn't blatantly Scummy, but you definitely didn't want to talk anymore about it. You didn't want to be a strongarm Psychologist, either, and you just can't stand talking to Neutrals, because they're gross and they smell weird and they play tubas! No, icky Neutral, go away, I won't talk to you. I think I'd have been fascinated in your Town shoes and I'd have kept me talking for as long as possible. Maybe I over-estimate people's desire to hear what I have to say... :pir-cry_sad:

I also don't care that Fred was tracked targeting you on Night Five. That is exactly what gives you the cover to attempt a kill on Night Six. Fred lies and you kill. "But we saw Fred blocking Peter!" All it proves is that he blocked you on Night Five. He could've kicked crows all night last night and we wouldn't know. The problem with your cover story is that your Scum are all in one basket. You have to be risking both of you, if one of you isn't believed. The fact that you're arguing Fred isn't lying because he was tracked targeting you on a night where there was no kill demonstrates the narrative you want us to believe.

28 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

Right now, you're got it set up nicely.  You're planning to lynch me today, kill tonight, and then lynch Fred tomorrow.  Game over, scum wins.  What we need to do today is follow through on the player you've inexplicably and repeatedly given a total free pass to, and that's Aiden.  If he's truly a governor, he can stop today's lynch.  I think you've either been trying to win with him for some time now or you confirmed it last night with a similar PM to the one you sent to me.  Since you already had rapport, you just buddied up while we imploded lynching ourselves.

I think the first thing we do is test Aiden's governor claim, and then lynch Vincent tomorrow pending no clearer answers from Emmett or the blockers.

Two holes in your thinking here, Jolly-Joe-Sexy-Beard:

1. In your scenario, you and Fred are both Town, why would we lynch Fred if you flip Town tomorrow? We'd probably not suspect Fred anymore at that point. 

2. Why would you lynch me if Aiden flips Town? Oops. Aiden was Town, let's lynch that pesky neutral to win!

Makes no sense. 

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

Except Andrew:

"Quote"

Oh my gosh now you got me thinking you and Andrew could be scum together!!! Everybody is scum with somebody else and they're plotting some fancy ass shit! AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :wall: :iamded_lol:

5 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Well, Aiden didn't seem to mind at all

I minded that it made zero fucking sense! :head_back:

Just now, Aiden Leon said:

Oh my gosh now you got me thinking you and Andrew could be scum together!!! Everybody is scum with somebody else and they're plotting some fancy ass shit! AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :wall: :iamded_lol:

I suspect they're both OK with it, but I'll wait for their permission to post the rest of the PMs. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

5 hours ago, Aiden Leon said:

I was saying that I could be a mafia governor since we had a vig which lines up to when Mafia Scum said mafia governor could appear aka "where there are plenty of other ways to render someone dead aside from the lynch"

@Andrew Laurent I'd like to know the sequence of events for the blocks and tracking if possible. Also who chose the actions? Did anyone suggest alternative decisions and what were they?

Our discussions last night... the PM is between me, Fred, and Emmett.  

1. I pm'd first, asking Fred if he saw anything we could do to convince everyone we're both town. I then said my top names for blocking would be Aiden, Peter, and Trenton. 

2. Emmett replied, unsure if I'm town still, says since Aiden's claim has no action, he should track him to check that while we block the other two. 

3. I say sure, suggest E tracks A, I block Trenton, and Fred blocks Peter. 

4. Fred agrees, so I sent my action in. 

1 hour ago, Peter Lyon said:

For what it's worth, yes, Vincent came to me as he said, before he said anything to Peter (he shared that same PM quote with me after he sent it) asking my thoughts on testing Peter that way. He was hoping Peter might accept the help in which case he'd out Peter as scum today. (the PM he quoted that he sent me is accurate).

My thoughts at this point - as I was discussing at length with Vincent last night... I thought that 3:3:1 would be parity and game would be over, so I was afraid we wouldn't have today. It makes sense though that it's not - the point of parity is that if scum=town, then the scum can prevent a lynch and night kill to win. Even with blocking and stuff, eventually, they'd succeed, so at parity, the game is effectively over. With a neutral though, the scum are NOT at parity at 3:3:1 since Vincent can vote with town and the scum cannot FORCE a no-lynch. So 3:3:1 is absolutely a possible scenario today. It could also be 4:3 or 4:2:1. We don't know. Personally, I accept Vincent's neutral claim. It fits with how he's played the game and his role claim. I don't see any reason to lynch Vincent. I see no logical way he's scum, and the only thing we should be doing is trying to lynch scum. 

12 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

I buy this. Thank you. You're beautiful. :pir-wub: Also, Remi's a nerd.

Thank you for understanding me! And I apologise for the confusion I caused earlier. And I love you (and your tuba) too :wub:.

Here is the full conversation:

On 4/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Ahoy there Trenton! I believe we are the Town Masons. Looks like our host has allowed us to communicate during the day as well as the night! Have you ever had experience as a mason before?

On 4/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, Trenton Monette said:

Hey there Remi! Indeed we are! I’ve never played a mason before. 

On 4/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Fair enough. Without trying to reveal too much I've played a while here but never mason before. I'm not sure I agree with Andrew's remark about not relying on Night actions. Though I'm not getting any scum tells on anyone just yet

On 4/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, Trenton Monette said:

Dam there’s a lot of voting going on. I also agree Andrew’s remark seems a little odd. 

On 4/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, Remi Blaise said:

Yeah I agree. People seem to be throwing their votes around like crazy. I've also just seen the Vincent/Daniel drama that seems to be unfolding. I feel like there could be a scum here maybe? Or possibly just two townies.

On 4/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, Trenton Monette said:

That’s really developed quickly. I dunno, I could see it being two townies. I don’t know whether a scum would want to make a big thing like that on Day One. There’s no way two scum would fake this just to look Town right?

On 4/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Trenton Monette said:

Sorry for not being active that much. That was certainly something! Have you ever seen something blow up like that before in one of the games you’ve played? Aiden seems to have joined in too. 1 scum two town maybe? I don’t even know at this stage.

55 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

Here is the full conversation:

Bruh...

I can follow the links to their origin...

If they were from a PM I wasn't in then I would get a Eurobricks error page.

They lead to previous posts posted in the day threads by both of them from the past days.

giphy.gif

Vote: Trenton Monette

Am I missing something?

Remi's quote text is highlighted aka pasted in so I was like "that's not right" so I followed the links and bam.

If you had pasted it as plain text, then the highlight wouldn't have been there and you probably would have gotten away with it. 

euRu9De.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, Aiden Leon said:

Am I missing something?

And the one that supposedly took place after the Day ended is from the night thread. Yes, they're fake as far as I can tell. Good catch. That's why there are so few messages. Remi hardly posted. It's possible to post those without that link back, but not for the Gamer group. At least I don't think. It's been ages since I tried to fake a PM in a game. Aiden, excellent job. It's nice to actually have caught someone in a lie! You're a hero! :pir-wub:

So, who's he working with? Anybody want to see my PMs with Peter? That will help everyone decide if he's Scum or not. I know I said I'd wait for his permission, but there's a statute of limitations on that. I expected to see more activity this morning, or late morning or 1/4 of the way through the day or whatever. My favorite theory is still Fred and Peter working together but that's just because it's the most clever theory and most interesting. Would Trenton fit into that?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I'll add that's a pretty good fake conversation, Trenton. :thumbup: Good effort.

*Fwoooooooooooooooooom*

Vote Count:
Trenton Monette - 2 (Vincent Denis, AIden Leon)
Aiden Leon - 1 (Peter Lyon)

With 7 players, a majority of 4 is required to lynch. 50 hours or so remain in this day.

I'd say those thoroughly fake looking PMs are some pretty damning evidence of either scumminess or stupidity. I wish I could be sure which, this game has been full of a lot of the latter. Half our lynches were driven by their targets being stupid and looking like scum. Nevertheless, the odds have to be with us now, right? Right? :look: 

17 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

I know one thing, if someone sent me a PM suggesting anything underhanded, first thing I'd do is run here and get the word out, so this pings a little like someone trying to redirect suspicion away from themselves without planning it out well.

I did that, with the caveat that I wanted to understand what Vincent and Aiden's reaction would be to the role sharing earlier in the game.  There's half a dozen different theories that went through my head with the PM's from Vincent and two of them were that he was working with Aiden and someone else or he was scum with Aiden.  Both were possibilities in my mind.

His whole case against me yesterday was that the blocks meant that I was the killer because no kill had happened.  But he didn't even consider Aiden as a possibility.

17 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

1. In your scenario, you and Fred are both Town, why would we lynch Fred if you flip Town tomorrow? We'd probably not suspect Fred anymore at that point. 

2. Why would you lynch me if Aiden flips Town? Oops. Aiden was Town, let's lynch that pesky neutral to win!

Makes no sense. 

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I was convinced you'd find a reason to convict anyone but yourself and Aiden.

Aiden wouldn't flip town if he's town because he'd have been telling the truth about the governor claim and saved himself.  If he was scum, you'd be the next logical option.

7 hours ago, Aiden Leon said:

If you had pasted it as plain text, then the highlight wouldn't have been there and you probably would have gotten away with it. 

Looks like no one is going to be getting away with unlinked PM's in the future!

Nice catch, Aiden!

4 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

I'll add that's a pretty good fake conversation, Trenton. :thumbup: Good effort.

Hear hear.

Unvote: Aiden Leon

Vincent, on the sharing of PM's... I have nothing to hide.

Have to go to my real job, and come home to us actually having caught a scummo! Well done, finally. 

Vote: Trenton

And so now do we start discussing tomorrow's lynch plans? I know Trenton can't be the killer since I blocked him last night, so our night-kill analysis should be unaffected by his lynch here. 

Vincent, I was re-reading your scenarios from the start of the day. You're right, that the scum not having a blocker is odd. You left off one big possibility though - Joshua as scum blocker. That could be why we've seen so few successful scum kills. They lost their blocker early on and so have been "defenseless" against our blocks/tracks/jails/protects. The may also have skipped some nights due to the risk of being tracked. I assume we had an investigator of some sort that we lost in the early days as well (which has hamstrung us to a significant extent), and they likely lost a role too (hurting their ability to kill). 

That's part of the reason I generally trust Emmett - the odds of the town losing ALL our investigative ability in the first couple nights is just super low. We don't know the roles of Michael, Remi, and Jean. But the odds of those 3 being all our investigative abilities - in a game where we seem to have 3 blockers - is just too low.