Is anyone aware on a way to use the servo to make multiple steps in a given direction?

I.e. rotating it 2 times clockwise would move something 2 "steps" to the left. Then rotating 2 times counter-clockwise would bring it back to the center.

Basically I need a mechanism that does nothing when the motor re-centers.

Thank you Didumos69, very neat.

However that only has 4 positions. I was looking into a linear movement, where I can go left or right indefinitely.

P.S.: your models are amazing!

2 hours ago, algiogia said:

However that only has 4 positions. I was looking into a linear movement, where I can go left or right indefinitely.

What is not indefinite about the movement in the examples I showed? They can move left endlessly and right endlessly. Or do you want something that is not confined to 90 degree steps?

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

What is not indefinite about the movement in the examples I showed? They can move left endlessly and right endlessly. Or do you want something that is not confined to 90 degree steps?

Yes, sorry. I've just realized I could put a cog at the end to transfer the movement.

Just now, algiogia said:

Yes, sorry. I've just realized I could put a cog at the end to transfer the movement.

:thumbup:

3 hours ago, algiogia said:

Thanks brunojj1. Where does the rubber band go?

640x333.jpg

The silicone band goes around the orange 3L connector, attached to the yellow bushes. That makes sure the rotation stops at 90 degrees.

EDIT: I´ve had a little mistake in my previous version and updated the links in the post.

Edited by brunojj1