Sign in to follow this  
Krall

[TC18] No name, no entery, yet...

Hi! 

As I finished my crane truck project lately, I decided to consider participating in competition.

I want to make use of my fully suspended chassis concept based on these parts .

I have already built a prototype, to check if it will will stand up to my expectations.

49828583613_9f48f294ba_w.jpg49829113801_af93071ebf_w.jpg49829426737_97aee5d989_w.jpg

It works suprisingly well. Main upside of this solution is that it packes whole suspension in really thin build.
Apart from suspension and steering I want to also add working fake engine with a simple geerbox (let's say 2 speeds + R).

My biggest problem for this moment is not really knowing what I want my car to look like and theres not much time left, so I better hurry up.

See ya! 

I like that this contest is showing off some unusual ways of achieving suspension on a compact build. I'm not familiar with that part, how much does it flex?

41 minutes ago, Krall said:

...it packs whole suspension in really thin build....My biggest problem for this moment is not really knowing what I want my car to look like...

I'd be inclined toward something that utilised that low chassis. The ford GT40 was known for being low or a 50's racer like the Jaguar D type or Porsche 550? Or just arch a couple of flex axles over the top and let the mechanicals do the talking :classic:

Such a compact "everything in the floor" style layout is also pretty usefull in MPVs, one of the reason the original Audi A2 and Mercedes A-class had so much internal space is that everything else was hidden under the floor.

Ill bet you that an Audi A2 will stand out more between the other supercar entries then a GT40 :P

Thanks for your advices.

I guess I rather build a typical super car anyway.
Today I was puting some parts together to check what I can get from them and i built something resembling sports cars front :laugh:.

49834730963_268ce0f45a_w.jpg49835571302_b5a7d314d4_w.jpg49834729658_00173448cc_w.jpg

As you can see I also lowered the chassis even more.

See ya!