So, I won't be talking about an idea for the story for my hopes for a sequel, but instead the map. Please reply with thoughts and ideas both for the map and story.

So, the map in terms of size I would like to see maybe it being 3 or 4 times the size of LEGO City Undercover. I think the areas that we got in the previous game could stay the same but expanded a bit and made bigger. Now for new areas, I have my ideas listed below.

Snowy Mountain Area (where the Arctic stuff lives as well as the Winter Village stuff is if they included a Winter Village area)

Train Yard

Movie Studio

Swamp (with a Swamp Police station)

LEGO House Area (basically the area where the LEGO House is, and the house itself would be explore-able)

I know this isn't a lot, but I would like to hear other ideas for both the map and story for a sequel if we ever got one.

On 4/8/2020 at 2:47 PM, Brandon Pea said:

Maybe part of the storyline could be that Chase McCain and Duke DeTain meet and are actually actually cousins twice removed. 

I could see that. With the show (which I really don't like) airing, if they were to do a sequel to LCU, they would probably include all the characters from the show.

Back when I first beat the game on Wii U, I thought a lot about a potential sequel. Story and gameplay-wise, I felt like one of the neatest ways to follow up the single-player only Lego City Undercover was to do a "buddy cop" game where Chase gets a new partner (perhaps a returning character like Natalia or perhaps someone entirely new) who would allow for co-op gameplay (the LCU rereleases added some barebones co-op, but not in a way that actually factored into the story) as well as being able to build off of that subgenre's respective tropes the way LCU did with generic crime movie tropes.

In terms of areas, one of the biggest developments in the City theme since that game's release has been an overall broadening of scope—including things like arctic, jungle, volcano, and deep-sea exploration subthemes that take place well outside the traditional city limits. As such, if a sequel were to come out today it might benefit from a similarly wide scope. "Lego City: International", perhaps?

By extension, new disguises could be introduced corresponding to those sorts of themes, either for both characters or specifically for the new partner character (since having distinct abilities from Chase could benefit both single-player and co-op gameplay much like the distinct costumes for Batman and Robin in the first Lego Batman game). Some ideas include:

• Diving Gear: Could allow you to dive underwater to find new areas and secrets
  • Arctic Gear: Could allow you to break or interact with objects made of ice, along with perhaps some abilities like being able to hold your footing in icy or windy areas
  • Volcano Resistance Gear: Could allow you to survive in dangerously hot areas, and maybe share some of the miner abilities?
  • Jungle Gear: Could allow you hack through tough vines and other jungle plants with a machete, and maybe tame jungle animals like crocodiles and big cats.
  • Paramedic Gear: Could allow you to use defibrillators to electrify or power up machines, and maybe cure sick NPCs?

How about totally switching locations? From LEGO City to the Brick County, that was mentioned a few times in the game? I think that would be a little 'refreshing', because there's not much the game designers could add to the already existing LEGO City map...

For the Nintendo Switch version (if it happens), I’d like to see Easter Eggs from more Nintendo franchises like Kirby and Pokémon!