mcphatty

[MOC] Micro Imperial TIE Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber and Advanced

Here are some simple micro TIE Fighters, hopefully useful for a bit of fleet building! They’re cheap and frail (much like the real thing) and I think I’ve got the scale just about right to match the rest of my micro builds. As usual, instructions over on Rebrickable...

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-35570/ron_mcphatty/micro-imperial-tie-fighters/

1280x1024.jpg

I stupidly missed the Bomber and Advanced wing 2x2 wedge pieces off my order so for now here’s a picture of the TIE Fighter and Interceptor.

1280x1171.jpg

I had some fun with the wing connections on the Interceptor, the plates that make up the wing hinge clamp onto the modified tile ‘clip’ piece pretty firmly, but don’t actually *click*. It’s okay for display but I’m sure some would argue that it’s an illegal connection!

1280x720.jpg

I’ll add more photos as the parts arrive and hopefully build some more TIEs too, the more the merrier, right?

Edited by mcphatty

Sometimes I see techniques and literally facepalm that I never thought of that. Your brackets and hinges approach to the angled wings on these is one of those moments. Very simple, clever and effective. More worthy additions to your fleet!

Edited by Rubblemaker

@Rubblemaker Thanks! Those wings have been held together so many different and ugly ways over the last year, it was only last week I tried the hinge brick and brackets. It’s the lesser of many evils, what I’d really love is this part but without the stud end, one day maybe.