danth

German Toy Fair – LEGO To Increase Focus On AFOLs

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

So now we officially see Creator Expert stopped being used and now we have an 18+ series of sets.

Which started this year, earlier with the Star Wars helmets and A-Wing, and the 2020 Architecture White House to follow, and now the Haunted House "Fairground Collection" label.

“We have decided to stop using the Creator Expert branding and, instead, use the new adult-focused packaging design to make it clearer which hobbies or brand products they can relate to.”

I don’t think they’re sure how to market it though. I was recommended an ad for the Huanted House on Facebook - presumably a place where Lego is hoping to pick up a significant number of new AFOLs there, as they’re not gonna be browsing Lego S@H, Brickset, Eurobricks, Lego YouTubers, etc

This is the ad: 

That is, in no way, an advert aimed at adults. It’s an advert aimed at kids (or adults buying for kids) just like every other of Lego’s adverts. Look at all the silly over the top expressions as they jump when they walk into the house. I think they need to work  out who they’re targeting here.

Edited by sammy_zammy

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I don’t think they’re sure how to market it though. I was recommended an ad for the Huanted House on Facebook - presumably a place where Lego is hoping to pick up a significant number of new AFOLs there, as they’re not gonna be browsing Lego S@H, Brickset, Eurobricks, Lego YouTubers, etc

This is the ad: 

That is, in no way, an advert aimed at adults. It’s an advert aimed at kids (or adults buying for kids) just like every other of Lego’s adverts. Look at all the silly over the top expressions as they jump when they walk into the house. I think they need to work  out who they’re targeting here.

I don’t see a problem with the ad? Those expressions are their prints, and pretty normal for minifigs. If you mean the way their bodies react by the surprise, I imagine that’s normal as well. I don’t do haunted houses, but I’m sure people jump when they see spooky stuff meant to scare them. 

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I don’t see a problem with the ad? Those expressions are their prints, and pretty normal for minifigs. If you mean the way their bodies react by the surprise, I imagine that’s normal as well. I don’t do haunted houses, but I’m sure people jump when they see spooky stuff meant to scare them. 

I guess so. It just doesn’t seem like an ad designed to appeal to adults any more than every other ad that’s designed to appeal to kids.

9 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I guess so. It just doesn’t seem like an ad designed to appeal to adults any more than every other ad that’s designed to appeal to kids.

That’s definitely fair. That ad looked like every other LEGO animation.