Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Okay, out of curiosity... if you could add/change 3 things to this set, what would it be? 

Mine:

1. Add more alley props to make it look funkier (animals, signs, boxes, you name it)

2. Add arthur with his wizard hat

3. Give lockhart a new hairpiece

I agree, I think the exterior needs more business and the sidewalk could extent out more. The buildings themselves already look amazing!

Luckily these things won’t be too hard to add ourselves.

Edited by Modal

14 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Okay, it was utterly pointless for LEGO to include the Daily Prophet Offices as all they've made is a door. The 'interior' is just a cobweb and a newspaper.

Maybe it's supposed to be reminiscent of the broom cupboard Rita interviews Harry in :wink:

10 minutes ago, strangely said:

I mean, it makes no sense to me that they'll create a special box for wands to recreate one scene, but they won't give us a proper riding broom.

Could just be me but that looks more like a sticker or print than a new mold imo :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I love the standard plates because you can connect Modulars to the set and call it London

Yeah I could see the appeal of that but I only have 2 modular buildings so it would be a small London :grin:. I also wish they added the brick wall entrance as a side build.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Biggest thing for me about this set is the amount of figures. A few more to just populate the alley would Have been perfect 

Yeah it would've been cool to get just some random wizards to fill out the shops.

I think I am going to buy both the advent calendar sets now to add accessories onto this set. Little trinkets here and there will go a long way to make it feel like that crowded DA in Philosopher’s Stone

Also, I think the set is lacking more capes and cloth pieces, IMO that’s part of the magic! Oh and legprints.

On a different note, what are the white pieces under the blue quill in Scribbulus? (Shot with Hermione and Ron)

I'd really love one of the random witches/wizards you'd find in the alley in LEGO HP Years 1-4, I feel like one or two of them in a second DA set, or even a GWP or polybag would be a really cool little callback to the original game. I remember running through, and they'd stop and wave at me, and that's just really nostalgic for me, especially with the grunt they'd have, and I dunno, but for me, I'd love that

Don’t know if it’s been discussed (too many messages to read through as have been at work all day) now that we’ve seen Diagon Alley, what do we all think the Harry minifigure with the dirty face/scruffy shirt is from?

I’m sorry but I have to say that the set and figures are a disappointment. They’re both rather lackluster and I don’t think the set would even look good on display. It’s a pass for me

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Don’t know if it’s been discussed (too many messages to read through as have been at work all day) now that we’ve seen Diagon Alley, what do we all think the Harry minifigure with the dirty face/scruffy shirt is from?

Think there are a few options floating around.

1. A new GWP that will come alongside the set

2. A polybag or book accessory

3. A new set altogether

1 minute ago, Sheesh417 said:

I’m sorry but I have to say that the set and figures are a disappointment. They’re both rather lackluster and I don’t think the set would even look good on display. It’s a pass for me

I totally understand the disappointment, but I would definitely recommend to at least wait until we see it officially. I think a lot of us have come to the conclusion that the box is kinda...not great. Like all Lego sets, this will look much better in person.

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I love the standard plates because you can connect Modulars to the set and call it London

I agree. One of my biggest hopes of this set was that it would be easy to connect to the other modular buildings and it look like you can.

Some other observations:

• Looks like they’ve included the entrance to Knockturn Alley - a sign of more things to come maybe?
  • I’m hoping someone will come up with a way to motorise the arm on WWW so it goes up and down by itself.

3 minutes ago, Modal said:

3. A new set altogether

I can 100% get behind all of those because yanoe, more HP is great HP!! ????

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

My guess is that the minifig is from the unknown set with the HP-4 code that was recently found. I have a strong feeling we will be getting Borgin and Burke’s. There are technic connectors behind Knockturn Alley and even though the minifig’s outfit is from PS I think they just wanted the trio to match in the D2C Diagon Alley set. It would fit perfectly with the Burrow’s floo powder fireplace, plus it works well with the HBP theme of the year since it’s an important setting in that film.

5 minutes ago, Modal said:

3. A new set altogether

A polybag with DA props would be nice, though a pack would be more appropriate for that. I might use the advent calendars as someone suggested.

I hope no one that bought the older DA recently feels robbed, your whole setup will turn out amazing!

Edited by Otherworld

I just bought the 2019 Advent Calendar before it gains a lot of value from being retired. Excited to put the flags and tables in DA!

Just now, sebastian666 said:

My guess is that the minifig is from the unknown set with the HP-4 code that was recently found. I have a strong feeling we will be getting Borgin and Burke’s. There are technic connectors behind Knockturn Alley and even though the minifig’s outfit is from PS I think they just wanted the trio to match in the D2C Diagon Alley set. It would fit perfectly with the Burrow’s floo powder fireplace, plus it works well with the HBP theme of the year since it’s an important setting in that film.

If there’s another set then I could definitely see it being KA, but although it’s a pub, LC could be possible because (as you said) the figure is from Philosopher’s Stone and the pub features in PS and PoA

Just now, Modal said:

I just bought the 2019 Advent Calendar before it gains a lot of value from being retired. Excited to put the flags and tables in DA!

I still have to get mine :cry_sad: I might try Amazon US.

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

A polybag with DA props would be nice, though a pack would be more appropriate for that. I might use the advent calendars as someone suggested.

I hope no one that bought the older DA recently feels robbed, your whole setup will turn out amazing!

I think if they bought an old DA set this year, they are aware enough of the Lego world to know this was coming 

8 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Also, I think the set is lacking more capes and cloth pieces, IMO that’s part of the magic! Oh and legprints.

On a different note, what are the white pieces under the blue quill in Scribbulus? (Shot with Hermione and Ron)

They look like the other quill piece LEGO has

BrickLink - Part 4502a : Lego Minifigure, Plume Feather Small ...

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

I really don't see Borgin and Burkes looking good at $30, definetely needs a higher price :sceptic:

Just now, Modal said:

I think if they bought an old DA set this year, they are aware enough of the Lego world to know this was coming 

I just got mine there! It’s $46 so not terrible

If the set shows up at the rumored $350 price, I might consider getting it despite the disappointment. I just don’t like how bright the pink is. My eyes go straight to the “pink box” (QQS). Thought we’d get subtle colors like the micro scale model (tans/browns/reds)

How much do you think it would cost to replace all the pink bricks on QQS with red bricks. I definitely prefer the red/yellow combo on the micro scale version