Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh no I actually love this set (except sand green parts and white door frames). It's just I don't want to spend all my money on one set, so I usually distribute it to get lot of smaller sets, which gives more minifigs.

For example this year I'm getting either one of two from Room of Requirement, Forbidden Forest and 75978 (I need to see 75978 to decide which ones of those I'll buy), Advent Calendar, Student Pack and a few CMF characters (like a half or more).

I completely understand that, that is a very smart thing to do, unfortunately when it comes to Lego I don’t have smart brains, I have “I want every single set” brains ??

And may I ask, what is 75878? Seen as that is the only set you didn’t name?

Am I remembering correctly that there was a rumored harry potter gift with purchase set supposed to be coming? Really hoping it comes out either with this wave or with the D2C. I don't purchase from LEGO much so i'm really hoping I can get it with either the Burrow or D2C if it exists.

Also I noticed a few people complaining that Cho's head is identical to the CMF, but it's only one side that is the same right? The CMF was only a one sided face I think. Can't really check as it's the middle of the night and trying to get a toddler to sleep in his own bed! :-)

I'm personally okay with the odd reused faces such as Hannah Abbott. To be honest with the details in a LEGO face there isn't a lot you can do to differentiate between two female characters without facial hair or other distinguishing features such as scars etc. Maybe i'm just easily pleased, but if LEGO says that I have Hannah Abbott, then it's Hannah Abbott, regardless of whether it's using Fleur's face or McGonagall's face! :-D

1 minute ago, Bluetus said:

It also has (very) small hint of PoA too.
They added lily and james photo frame that appears in PoA

Now that’s just an insult, they add one thing from PoA when the entire set should’ve been PoA lmao ??

12 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

PS. Private Drive already has 2 movies in one set. It based on SS ( Harry’s bedroom under the stairs, Hogwarts mails scene) and CoS ( Harry’s bedroom and Dobby). If they added Marge, it’ll be 3 movies lol. 

It does already have references to PoA. There's the little picture of Harry's parents dancing.

(PS It's Privet Drive)

4 minutes ago, Bluetus said:

It also has (very) small hint of PoA too.
They added lily and james photo frame that appears in PoA

Haha I think I must've been midway through writing the same point when you posted this. 

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

It does already have references to PoA. There's the little picture of Harry's parents dancing.

(PS It's Privet Drive)

I still personally feel that the entire set should’ve been PoA and they should’ve done a different CoS set like yanoe... the Chamber of Secrets ??, but I guess we already got the “Basilisk”, Lockhart is rumoured to be in the CMF and Riddle is coming in a book ?, guess no Chamber then ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Now that’s just an insult, they add one thing from PoA when the entire set should’ve been PoA lmao ??

lol I think they might considered about it before, but decided to go with CoS. 
Because they can use photo album from PS and CoS but they chose PoA’s frame.  

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I still personally feel that the entire set should’ve been PoA and they should’ve done a different CoS set like yanoe... the Chamber of Secrets ??, but I guess we already got the “Basilisk”, Lockhart is rumoured to be in the CMF and Riddle is coming in a book ?, guess no Chamber then ?

Got a Basilisk! Bwahaha! :-D I got a couple of spare black pieces in my grand hall set! :-D

1 minute ago, Bluetus said:

lol I think they might considered about it before, but decided to go with CoS. 
Because they can use photo album from PS and CoS but they chose PoA’s frame.  

I think they probably did that just so Harry’s room wasn’t empty, I mean it literally sits there on his shelf, at least we get something, I just find PoA and OotP Privet Drive more interesting than CoS ??

2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Got a Basilisk! Bwahaha! :-D I got a couple of spare black pieces in my grand hall set! :-D

I still have it built mainly because so far it’s the only one we have, but (hopefully) as soon as a new one comes or I can find good custom instructions online I will demolish it ?

Also, just thought, how awesome would it be if they made a bird cage accessory. That would be epic!

6 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Haha I think I must've been midway through writing the same point when you posted this

I’m just a bit faster ?

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think they probably did that just so Harry’s room wasn’t empty, I mean it literally sits there on his shelf, at least we get something, I just find PoA and OotP Privet Drive more interesting than CoS ??

I still have it built mainly because so far it’s the only one we have, but (hopefully) as soon as a new one comes or I can find good custom instructions online I will demolish it ?

I'm normally pretty easy going and accepting that if LEGO says it's something, then I accept it. But that basilisk was just waaaaayyyy too hideous for me.

Just now, chris6507 said:

Also, just thought, how awesome would it be if they made a bird cage accessory. That would be epic!

It would be cool, but the birds are about the same size as a minifigure, so the cages would be huge, I mean they tried it in a polybag and it looked ridiculous ??, unless they do it like the lantern, have the bird printed on a 1x1 round thingymajig 

Just now, chris6507 said:

I'm normally pretty easy going and accepting that if LEGO says it's something, then I accept it. But that basilisk was just waaaaayyyy too hideous for me.

Yeah, the Basilisk is ridiculous, it’s more akin to the size of Nagini than the Basilisk (if we’re basing it off the size of other Wizarding world animals like Hedwig, Crookshanks and Scabbers/Wormtail)

3 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Also I noticed a few people complaining that Cho's head is identical to the CMF, but it's only one side that is the same right? The CMF was only a one sided face I think. Can't really check as it's the middle of the night and trying to get a toddler to sleep in his own bed! :-)

Well the complain is to the effect that   people spendt time, effort and money  to search for and obtain the Cho cmf figure with that same 1 face and same torso.   For lego now to release it as part of a set  is crapping on peoples effort. 

No i do not believe people made the effort for the owl, it is "lego minifigures" after all.

20 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, the movies robbed us of getting to see Dobby’s spectacular hodgepodge wardrobe as described in the books and I’ll never forgive them for that. 

I’m personally hoping for a Quidditch player pack so those Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tiles in the Quidditch Pitch set can actually be of use, but I definitely understand the appeal of a Death Eater pack, particularly with Deathly Hallows sets presumably coming next year. 

As for Teachers, who would be included? We’ve already got McGonagall, Quirrell, Snape, Lupin, Flitwick, Trelawney, Moody, Umbridge, Slughorn, Hooch, and Hagrid, and we know we’re getting Sprout and all rumors point to us getting Lockhart as well. Who’s left? We never really see Charity Burbage in her teacher role, and while Professor Sinestra has a canon appearance in the movies she’s never addressed by name in them, she’s just a cool looking character filling a seat at the head table. Not that I wouldn’t like Lego to give us a better McGonagall variation, but a teachers pack wouldn’t have any army building appeal and who would be the exclusive character?

For me it isn't importent that a minifig pack is army building, I want to have good looking figures. I will use the student pack as an army builder like many of others because the figures alone isn't that special, but I like the bricktober pack better. Lupin as a werewolf would be nice to get in that type of set.

Do we know when Hagrid and Buckbeak brickheadz set will come?

1 minute ago, deskp said:

No i do not believe people made the effort for the owl, it is "lego minifigures" after all.

Wait, is that owl Unique to Cho’s CMF pack? til ??

Do you guys think we’ll get more Patronuses in the future? I don’t know if I’m the only person, but I would love to get all the main ones that you see in OotP, I’m not sure if there’s more than these 2 left, but we’re missing Ron’s Jack Russel and Ginny’s horse, you only see half the horse so it could be a new mould, or they could just do a normal horse in the patronus colour, plus a new Jack Russel mould could be used in City, just thoughts ??

Is there a reason we can't get the burrow of amazon but we can get all the other sets.

3 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Lupin as a werewolf would be nice to get in that type of set.

I agree with this, we could also get a unique version of Snape and Lockhart, from the duel, Lockhart in his Fencing style garb and Snape in his black vest and shirt 

Just now, KilZol said:

Is there a reason we can't get the burrow of amazon but we can get all the other sets.

It doesn’t release until later iirc

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Well the complain is to the effect that   people spendt time, effort and money  to search for and obtain the Cho cmf figure with that same 1 face and same torso.   For lego now to release it as part of a set  is crapping on peoples effort. 

Valid point! :-) I was more checking I was right in my understanding the the head was actually slightly different as I thought it was. Not trying to have a go at peoples complaints. I personally got several Cho's quite easily when they came out and being several years ago now, it doesn't really sting me much. I'm happy with the new head though because it means I can use one side for each of the patil twins and they will finally have matching eyebrows! :-D

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I agree with this, we could also get a unique version of Snape and Lockhart, from the duel, Lockhart in his Fencing style garb and Snape in his black vest and shirt 

It doesn’t release until later iirc

Australian LEGO site (where I am from) has the burrow listed as June 1st. I think people just said the reason is that it's initially a LEGO exclusive.

3 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Australian LEGO site (where I am from) has the burrow listed as June 1st. I think people just said the reason is that it's initially a LEGO exclusive.

Hmm, peculiar, I shall have a look at the UK Lego Site

Hmmm, yep, must be Lego store exclusive for the first month or something, I’m gonna wait until it’s available from where I work to buy it, unless it’s gonna remain exclusive ??

18 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

That would be cool but I do really like the brick built one from 2018’s polybag 

45 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I completely understand that, that is a very smart thing to do, unfortunately when it comes to Lego I don’t have smart brains, I have “I want every single set” brains ??

And may I ask, what is 75878? Seen as that is the only set you didn’t name?

It's another HP set coming this year, only unrevealed regular set (DA, half of CMF and AC also haven't been seen).

It's a retailer exclusive in a price range between 20€ and 60€.

It was confirmed it's based on an "iconic underground scene" so it's either Ministry of Magic or Chamber of Secrets (could also be Inferni Cave).

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's another HP set coming this year, only unrevealed regular set (DA, half of CMF and AC also haven't been seen).

It's a retailer exclusive in a price range between 20€ and 60€.

It was confirmed it's based on an "iconic underground scene" so it's either Ministry of Magic or Chamber of Secrets (could also be Inferni Cave).

Ooh, I hope to god it’s Ministry, as much as I want it, I doubt it’ll be chamber because Tom is coming with the book and Gilderoy is rumoured to be in CMF, Inferi could be good, but they’re pretty much terrifying zombies so would Lego do that? ??

7 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

This isn’t meant to be racist, but it’s a shame they used Cho as the Ravenclaw again. Simply because most Harry Potter characters that we know of are white, and the torso has Cho’s hands, so that really limits reusability on other characters...

then again we don’t know many other Ravenclaw students at all apart from Luna obviously so I guess it’s not like we won’t be able to create a favourite character.

I don’t like removing the hands either, so I get it. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This pack is amazing. Finally a way to get all 4 torsos in one cheap set. I like that Draco and Harry are there, I'm not buying AT and I really want to include their toilet duel in my display. It's nice getting another Hufflepuff character, but I don't like Cho again. Why do they use this skin colour for Asian characters? Build is also cool and I LOVE Marauders Map.

I hope we get other pack in the future, especially ones like Death Eaters or Hogwarts Teachers.

To take a slight left into outrage culture. I would wager they made Cho that color because of the criticism they’d undoubtedly get. Could you imagine the PR ire they’d get when the word got out that they have an Asian character looking like the other white characters? Race baiters would lose their mind. It would be Jabba’s Palace all over agin. 

I cant wait to get that pack, it looks fantastic. I’m not too bothered by Harry/Draco...of course Harry was coming, have we not accepted that yet? :tongue: I don’t even really care about the reused face. It’s a slight bummer as it’s  from the same theme. But TLG can’t possibly make a new print for every character they make. 

Since it wasn’t answered, I’ll ask again, is it a June 1st release for us in the States as well? Brickset didn’t specify, so I assume yes. 

5 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I don’t like removing the hands either, so I get it. 

To take a slight left into outrage culture. I would wager they made Cho that color because of the criticism they’d undoubtedly get. Could you imagine the PR ire they’d get when the word got out that they have an Asian character looking like the other white characters? Race baiters would lose their mind. It would be Jabba’s Palace all over agin.

What happened with Jabba's Palace?